NEurope

I had VT 2009 on 360 and guys it is Rubbish. I got rid of it and I wouldnt get your hopes up too high. The wii controls maybe great but honestly if the career mode is like the 360/PS3 game than it is horrible to play a single player game.

The World Tour/Career mode is so easy its unreal. Its not nice to play as there is no challenge. I hope the A.I in the Wii version has been improved.

That should really go in the VT thread!

I'm sure there was another one out there.

Can't decide, this or virtua tennis.

You got time to send me the MK results yet? can post the new table then.

I emailed them to darksnowman last week to give to you!

I emailed them to darksnowman last week to give to you!

Oh right, will chase him up on that.

I really want this game, but yeah, just want to hold out a little longer to see more reviews, especially compared to Virtua!

I really want this game, but yeah, just want to hold out a little longer to see more reviews, especially compared to Virtua!

Same mate. DAMN Nintendo...If Wii Sports Resort had more tennis I'd probably not need one of these titles. But then again, online tennis sounds too good to be true :D

I also like the look of the GST multiplayer modes :)

I agree with the snowman, this game looks awesome!

Haha, good boy. :grin:

Yeah, just the one review so far I believe.

90% from ONM.

But do you really need any reviews? :hmm: I mean the fact that Nintendo is letting EA launch WM+ with this game pretty much tells us all we need to know I reckon.

I'm sold anyway, can't wait! :yay:

Yep, good point. I think it looks quality but I still wouldn't mind seeing some reviews anyway. We'll find out for ourselves in a few days though!

any confirmation if grand slam has online multiplayer?
Is this becoming a running joke?

How come this is available NOW from play.com?!?!
That's weird.

Must be a mistake though surely? The game is not available anywhere else and still appears in the countdown section on Play.com too. :wtf:

As far as the decision between GST and VT goes, well I've been decided on this for a long time now, for 3 main reasons:

The fact that it's not a port and has been made from the ground up for Wii was the first thing I took notice of. Secondly I really like the visual style of the game, simple kind of Super Tennis vibe to it all. And last but by no means least, that Nintendo have enough faith in it to let the game be bundled with/launch Wii Motion Plus, that must be the best review of all right there.

I mean there's no way they would let such a crucial piece of hardware (more crucial than ever after this years E3) make its debut with bad software, would be completely mental if they did! :o

We'll find out for ourselves in a few days though!
Can't wait amigo. :awesome:

I reckon play will send it out early.... so tempting. If i preorder it I could have it by Wednesday like Punch out.... but then what if Virtua is better?

Does anyone have any details on the 75% and the 90% reviews. What did they like, not like?

PS With this, tiger, resort and red steel all bundling, that gives is 4 wiimotionplus' for multiplayer glory!!

PS With this, tiger, resort and red steel all bundling, that gives is 4 wiimotionplus' for multiplayer glory!!

and a whole lotta money gone from your bank account.

that was my brother asking he uses my account somtimes,

was there any footage from e3 showfloor apart from the press conference?

ive got mine pre orderd :)

Is it true you STILL use A and B to do lobs and drop shots even with motionplus?!?!?!

I'm still not sure, I was just about to order it and read some hands on..... other than IGN no one seems blown away by it.

Does anyone have any details on the 75% and the 90% reviews. What did they like, not like?

I would scan the whole ONM review but the majority of it is un-revelant to the game so here are a few bits I thought would be of intrest.

Click the attachment into place at the base of the Remote and the whole thing is shifted up a level. The game recognises it automatically and after a couple of seconds holding the Remote still for it to sync up, the effect is immediately obvious. In fact, to start with it's a little off-putting as the increased sensitivity to what you're doing with the Wii Remote is totally disoreintating. Suddenly your shots are thumping into the net and bouncing way over the tramlines, and to add to the confusion your player is often facing the wrong way thanks to the slightest flick of the Remote in the wrong direction. You serve too weakly , or too long, or miss the ball entirely.

It's certainly a frustrating introduction to this brave new world of control, but something manages to shine through and keep you hooked long enough to improve your game. It's a rare thing, but even when you're playing badly it feel like you're playing tennis and you'll want to nail it.

The career mode (Grand Slam mode, featuring all four Grand Slam events from the tennis season) features practice matches against unknowns and legends and the odd party match as a bonus, but it feels a little flat. There's not a lot of incentive to just play tournament after tournament, mainly because ther're not actually full tournaments, more a series of vaguely connected matches. You do improve and level-up your player as you go, but you probably won't develop a compulsion to bother improvong him or her forever.

Multiplayer is enormous fun - party games, like tag team tennis and triplets are simple but they work really well.

+Motion Plus works really well

+Satisfying tennis strokeplay

+Great multiplayer options

+Wimbledon is in at last!

-Carrer mode lack depth

No mention of the online mode in the review.

Yeah, I read that this morning, found it abit weird TBH.

I wasn't really sure whether to get involved with this game but the ONM review is a very positive read and I may just have to buy it. May.....

But using A and B to modify shots with motionplus is a bit ridiculous.... I'm hopinh the hands on are confusing the normal wii mote controls....

They won't have played the final version of the game. You'll have to wait until after the game's release to find out about it by the look of things.

Thanks for posting that up, Welshie.

I wasn't really sure whether to get involved with this game but the ONM review is a very positive read and I may just have to buy it. May.....

But its out in June, not May. :heh:

You should get it, Adam. It would be fun to give you a beating online!

I'm just wary of the lack of real playtime of this. But it does look great fun.

I have to be picky with my purchases unfortunately. However! I've come to learn that a vast majority of recent 'mainstream' reviews have been nothing but media bias, hype train love-ins and "hardcore VS casual" viewpoints. Kinda grates me when I see the IGN team being bias towards "HD" games and almost lambasting all "casual" experiences. Some print magazines are bad for this too. For instance, I've found Edge can be very harsh with their elitist attitude.

I've found myself waaaay too influenced by media coverage of games (E3 always highlights this to me more and more.) It's just an opinion and if the game looks good to you then it should be a purchase you make immediately or in the future when prices drop. /Rant!!

So yeah, I'm just go back to when I was a teen and if a title looked good to me, I bought it. Never seemed to really matter. I need to kick back and just relax over my game purchases and stop aiming my purchases on an 80+% barometer.

So yeah, I'm going to get this and just accept that I will probably love it !

Edited by tapedeck

I think fate is telling me something....

I tried ordering this from Game. Impressed that you can now add you reward card to the site and take off the money online you've stored there...dismayed that it won't actually let me PLACE ORDER. It freezes every time I do it....

Using your reward points online? You could do that a few years ago, Dazzy. :heh: Even if Play do dispatch early, I'll be buying it from GAME so I can save a hard-earned fiver (and also earn extra reward points).

Okay, preordered the game (used firefox so its a safari problem).

I never knew you could take the money off your reward card online :)