Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Excitebots: Trick Racing

david.dakota

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comes with the Wii Wheel eh? I'd missed (or forgotten) that Excitebots is made with wheel control in mind. I like it- about time my wheel saw some action aside from Mario Kart. :hehe: Any news on a release date, H-o-T?

None that I can find. This better not be a case of NoA`s payback for us getting Disaster!

That looks absolutely fantastic! A definite must buy. They've really sexed up the graphics and gameplay from Excite Truck, which was already a pretty cool and underrated Wii game. The Bot characters and abilities look to be tremendous fun.

Do we know when it's out?

Have to say that after watching those latest IGN videos it does look better but I'm really still not digging the bots over the trucks. Has it been said whether the deformation effects of the track such as the volcano exploding and stuff from the first title will have similar things in this title? Those parts in Truck were great and while it's not a huge inclusion it may sway me to get this.

Have to say that after watching those latest IGN videos it does look better but I'm really still not digging the bots over the trucks. Has it been said whether the deformation effects of the track such as the volcano exploding and stuff from the first title will have similar things in this title? Those parts in Truck were great and while it's not a huge inclusion it may sway me to get this.

but like does it make a difference whether they are bots rather than trucks.. I will admit it does make the game seem a little kiddier but it's also an excuse for them to say.." well you know fuck it...excitetruck wasn;t a realistic game no point trying to make it seem like we're trying to.." so they made the crazyest game they could and it's looking faboulous..

Only problem this game has is the locales..

I mean where is the fire level or crazinness of mario kart?

So it looks like this doesn't have Wii Speak support....I find it truly baffling that not every single online game uses Wii Speak now - it's just bizarre. Unless Nintendo have made it really difficult to implement...

Does anyone know when this is coming out in Europe?

I find it truly baffling that not every single online game uses Wii Speak now

I think it's just due to the fact that it isn't as good as having a headset, yes I know a headset you have to wear but at least it confines to speech so that it's seperate from the in-game stuff, I could not stand having voices playing through my speaker setup tbh, much better to have them confined and easily muted if necessary.

Anyway I find that games like this don't really need Wii Speak as such, Mario Kart didn't need it so... there isn't much point tbh, unless Nintendo ditch Wii Speak and make some sort of headset for the Wii of course but that won't happen, the funny thing is that you can get them for the DS lol...

Back on topic with the game, it's looking pretty damn nice from that latest trailer, it's looking more and more like a must-have purchase.

Also I've just noticed the boxart... I hope that we can buy it without the Wii Wheel for a few quid less as I don't think I really need another one :/ if theres no choice in the matter then I'll still get it just that currently the one wheel that I do have is just in a pile along with the zapper and a second nunchuck... my two handcannons are on my desk though as those are just so awesome even when not being used. :)

Edited by S.C.G

The animation on the frog-bot looks pretty sweet.

Can't say I'm sold on the whole bot-thing, but I can live with it. The only thing that worries me is that Red Bar-thing, where you swing. It seems to disrupt the racing. Maybe it's optional, for extra stars?

Edited by Strange Cookie

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!