Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Finally ended an F-ed up relationship

Falcon_BlizZACK

One thing I've noticed in relationships, is people don't change when you ask and say somethings wrong, they pretend for a few weeks and then it all slips right back.

Sometimes, yeah, that can happen. But everyone deserves that chance right? And if they do slip back into old habits its important to note that its probably not on purpose. They havn't just stopped caring as its easy to think, they just need a small encouraging reminder.

I dunno, my gf's recently gotten into this spiritualness. Well, its not spiritual, its basically practicing the art of mindfullness. Dalai Lama type stuff that helps you think positive and be happy, and it seems to be working as we havn't argued for ages, not even about something small.

I'm not saying being positive can save every relationship, King_V's for example was obviously not working, but y'know, some understanding and communication can be all it takes to save one worth saving.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chin up, King V. Opposites attract, and it sounds like you are attracted to the same type as me. It's all experience and it sounds like you have judged it correctly and learnt a lot.

I can relate to virtually everything you've typed, and I fully believe that she gave you mixed signals and you weren't imagining it or anything. I think that happens quite a lot.

Sorry, but for her to say "I don't normally wait..." after one month says an awful lot about her. Not to be rude, but she sounds like a "party girl", to put it politely. But hey, that's probably a lot of why you were attracted to her.

King V, you are the most honest person I've encountered and you have my 100% respect. Lets' hope you meet someone who is just enough of the type you like, but who also treats you properly.

...:( Thanks a lot Grazza.

The signals she were giving was like she was "half and half", like she wasn't entirely sure one minute yet one minute shes saying something entire deep, like the thought of getting matching tattoos (lol) etc. She is a party girl, drinks a lot etc... One of the things I hated... But gradually learned to accept. I still trusted her, trust that she could keep her mind when shes tipsy etc etc...

I really appreciate your respect. : peace: Thank you.

It really gets me how "modern" ladies seem to expect equality in all things -choices, career, babies, direction of the relationship, keep their last name.

But when it comes to paying the bills, or getting ready on time, they're somehow magically back in the Middle Ages where men where the patient and enduring knights.

This maybe in case in your relationship, but in mine I split everything 50/50.

Please don't be a narrow-minded idiot and sexually stereotype people.

Sometimes, yeah, that can happen. But everyone deserves that chance right? And if they do slip back into old habits its important to note that its probably not on purpose. They havn't just stopped caring as its easy to think, they just need a small encouraging reminder.

I dunno, my gf's recently gotten into this spiritualness. Well, its not spiritual, its basically practicing the art of mindfullness. Dalai Lama type stuff that helps you think positive and be happy, and it seems to be working as we havn't argued for ages, not even about something small.

I'm not saying being positive can save every relationship, King_V's for example was obviously not working, but y'know, some understanding and communication can be all it takes to save one worth saving.

I suppose I could believe that if it'd actually happened to me, this whole experince thing. But it just hasn't, people just don't change very often, which is why relationships end. But never mind.

I have to say I'm a 50/50 girl, I try as often as possible to make sure its spilt, or if somebody pays for something one time I do the next, so kinda like tabs? Makes more sense ^_^

Well done for getting out of the relationship, i've had a few dodgy ones like your own before in the past and all of them have ended badly for myself with me being broke usually.

The last relationship i had, she didn't take my money she only liked me for me.

This maybe in case in your relationship, but in mine I split everything 50/50.

Please don't be a narrow-minded idiot and sexually stereotype people.

OH, THANK GOD! I'm a narrow minded idiot who sexually stereotypes people! That's where I've been going wrong all this time!

Anyway, in a slightly more "grown up" response to your slur, are you denying the existence of women who want it all? That strikes me as narrow minded.

My point here is that there are those women who believe it is their god-given right to have everything handed to them on a plate, who as King V said, don't necessarily know what it is that they want, but instead are just aware that they want. Like children. They expect, nay, demand perfection in their man while simultaneously requiring carte blanche for every foible of their own.

The issue beyond that is that if you are demanding equality, or equal treatment, then that should be a two-way street. But relationships never are. I'm sure you financially split things 50/50, but not everything else is possible.

My point is that psychologically "I'm a woman, you're a man, you don't understand" has become a dangerous excuse for a certain percentage of women in the world. Happily there are those who are more enlightened, but those I fear are not in the majority.

And calling a man a "pussy" for not standing up to a ladies demands.... that's a bit of sexual stereotyping right there.

OH, THANK GOD! I'm a narrow minded idiot who sexually stereotypes people! That's where I've been going wrong all this time!

Anyway, in a slightly more "grown up" response to your slur, are you denying the existence of women who want it all? That strikes me as narrow minded.

My point here is that there are those women who believe it is their god-given right to have everything handed to them on a plate, who as King V said, don't necessarily know what it is that they want, but instead are just aware that they want. Like children. They expect, nay, demand perfection in their man while simultaneously requiring carte blanche for every foible of their own.

The issue beyond that is that if you are demanding equality, or equal treatment, then that should be a two-way street. But relationships never are. I'm sure you financially split things 50/50, but not everything else is possible.

My point is that psychologically "I'm a woman, you're a man, you don't understand" has become a dangerous excuse for a certain percentage of women in the world. Happily there are those who are more enlightened, but those I fear are not in the majority.

And calling a man a "pussy" for not standing up to a ladies demands.... that's a bit of sexual stereotyping right there.

Yeah, but you dont bleed every month :p

In all seriousness though, some women are like that others arn't. I dont think you have any right to say either is the majority. Maybe in your experience, which is a shame, but its hardly a scientific study you've undergone to come to that conclusion.

Yeah, but you dont bleed every month :p

In all seriousness though, some women are like that others arn't. I dont think you have any right to say either is the majority. Maybe in your experience, which is a shame, but its hardly a scientific study you've undergone to come to that conclusion.

I'm still with Jav on this one, you're just making sweeping generalisations about "types of women". The point is, it's a "type of person" thing, as blokes are probably just as bad. Sure some are women are like that, but you make it sound like there's an entire "class" created just for these women - I doubt this is a problem that affects the majority of women, it's not an illness for crying out loud. You're just taking what King said and your own personal experience and making it almost sound like a fact.

And Iun if you want a grown-up conversation about it then fine, I'm all for it but it helps when you don't say stupid things in the first place.

rawr i can't believe my post got deleted.

The point was, I pay for everything (friends or more I always offer) and I'm a chick. I get annoyed when people pay for me and themselves. Or if the other party insists I suggest taking it turnabout =)

So to say this nicely... People that think ALL women are like that really should go swivel on their generalisations. ^^;

(p.s I am fully aware that a lot of women are like that. Also it doesn't just extend to the female of the human species.)

rawr i can't believe my post got deleted.

The point was, I pay for everything (friends or more I always offer) and I'm a chick. I get annoyed when people pay for me and themselves. Or if the other party insists I suggest taking it turnabout =)

So to say this nicely... People that think ALL women are like that really should go swivel on their generalisations. ^^;

(p.s I am fully aware that a lot of women are like that. Also it doesn't just extend to the female of the human species.)

So hypothetically, one would get slapped for being a gentleman to you? ;)

So hypothetically, one would get slapped for being a gentleman to you? ;)

I'm not one of those stereotypical feminists don't get me wrong.. Kindness is free, and I am always grateful for it. I won't beat someone for holding a door open, or having manners.. :heh: I just feel a little offended when someone feels they have to pay for everything to make me happy. =)

I'm not one of those stereotypical feminists don't get me wrong.. Kindness is free, and I am always grateful for it. I won't beat someone for holding a door open, or having manners.. :heh: I just feel a little offended when someone feels they have to pay for everything to make me happy. =)

Ah, but how does one know what the intentions behind the action is? Perhaps he thinks he must. Perhaps he really wants to. ;)

I'm not one of those stereotypical feminists don't get me wrong.. Kindness is free, and I am always grateful for it. I won't beat someone for holding a door open, or having manners.. :heh:I just feel a little offended when someone feels they have to pay for everything to make me happy. =)

:(... Why couldn't my ex be like you? lol... Probably what makes me fairly positive is the optimism of finding a lady with wonderful morals.

Ahhh, dodgy NE servers explain it.

My Ex, won't stop texting me. I feel like crying. Not tears of happiness, but tears of WHY ME GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he's saying that your text was like William Wordsworth poetry, while hers in comparison was that of a layman.

Aye, true love will bring out the poet/ bard in any man. Her reply just says she was only along for the ride. Like saying 'sorry' makes things better. Fixes jack all.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!