N-Europe

Post Secret

Razz

Ok, so this might be a bit controversial, but it could also be extremely interesting. If you've ever head of "Post Secret" you'll know what I'm talking about.

Some examples would be like here.

So would anyone be interested in doing the same here on the forum? We could set up a Photobucket account where whoever wants to take part will know the username and password, and anonymously upload a postcard. Then post a few here in this thread, or just look at the photobucket gallery.

But of course I guess this is quite unstable ground, so if Mods think this to be innapropriate I more than understand that it be locked.

Just a thought is all.

EDIT: Sorry this should have gone in the Playground Sub-Forum.

So I'll give it a few hours, possibly even until tomorrow so mods can respond on whether they reckon this is ok. Then I'll set up the Photobucket account. So PM me if you're interested. I won't however go ahead with it either if there's only a few of us, because I can imagine it could be quite easy to guess whose is whose.

People write vaguely humourous messages on an old picture... The person who wrote the top one dislikes New Mexico and wherever they are now... Stop the press over that secret being unleashed.

I must be missing something.

Whos secret is it though?

It doesnt matter that you know what the secret is becuse you dont know whos involved.

So would anyone be interested in doing the same here on the forum? We could set up a Photobucket account where whoever wants to take part will know the username and password, and anonymously upload a postcard. Then post a few here in this thread, or just look at the photobucket gallery.

But of course I guess this is quite unstable ground, so if Mods think this to be innapropriate I more than understand that it be locked.

Just a thought is all.

EDIT: Sorry this should have gone in the Playground Sub-Forum.

As I personally see it this idea could lead to trouble. Due to the limited nature of the amount of members we have (compared to the amount of potential people who sent stuff to PS) and the fact many members we kinda know it could lead to people thinking a secret is someone's and judging them for it. Or even worse, people uploading fake secrets in the hopes people will presume it to be someone else's.

It is a rather tricky idea, but surely anybody participating would be fully aware of the possibility of things? If people know/understand the risks, why is there any sort of problem with it? Personally, I'm in two minds about PostSecret as it is, I found out about it through a girl(who upon reflection, IS rather messed up) I used to see and so it's kinda weird for me, on top of which some of them whilst being really super awesome, are rare compared to the lot that are just really kind of a bit depressing. No offense to anyone here btw, but I find the people I know who love it the most...well, they seem to be somewhat problemed themselves.

It reminds me alot however of asofterworld(a web 'comic' which is fictional but the style reminds me alot of it, worth a checking out) yet when I read PostSecret, it makes me think of numerous people that I know and wonder about, like, so I also totally see Ash and Dan's side of things, with such a small community group of people, whilst being anonymous, it sort of isn't at the same time. If it was to be done, I reckon it'd have to be done entirely through/on this photobucket account with little/no discussion present on the boards. It'd be a very nice idea though, a new PostSecret style thing, and I think if it IS done, it should be open to anyone not just N-E members.