Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Red Dead Redemption

Guest Jordan

Does anyone know how to avoid getting grilled for doing anything slightly against the law? I wanted to lasso someone and put them on the train tracks, but as soon as I had lasso'd someone while on my horse I was wanted and you can't go that fast while on the horse. So everyone shot at me.

Don't commit any crimes infront of anyone else :p eyewitness' are a pain in the arse, fucking taddle tales.

I only have one treasure map, too. You're right, ViPeR, the maps seem to be veeeeery vague. Maybe I'll stumble upon the treasure by coincidence.

With the treasure maps what I think happens is once you have them they will appear on your main map when you ride past/near it.

@Sheikah: Do you play this on the PS3?

Just had a look at some of the online trophies...

Go Team! - Be on the winning team for four consecutive victories in any team based game in public matches.

The Quick and Everyone Else... - Be the top scoring player in any three consecutive FFA games in public matches.

These are going to be frustrating.

Yup, add me! I'll be on on Tuesday I think.

This game is damn near perfect except i forget to camp before missions and get stuck doing them in the dusk/night cycle. Annoying!

The night time on this game is a joke. I did the mission where you have to lasso and tame a horse at night. At the bit where I had to stay on the horse, the whole screen was pitch black. Couldn't see my character, the horse, or any surroundings. An absolute joke. It's not my TV either as all other games are fine and the daytime in RDR looks fine too.

Other than that, the game is awesome.

The night time on this game is a joke. I did the mission where you have to lasso and tame a horse at night. At the bit where I had to stay on the horse, the whole screen was pitch black. Couldn't see my character, the horse, or any surroundings. An absolute joke. It's not my TV either as all other games are fine and the daytime in RDR looks fine too.

This.

I do appreciate Rockstar trying to keep things organic and letting you tackle missions freely at any time of the day but the night cycle has ruined what should have been many visually impressive missions for me.

Let that be a lesson, camp before missions! Camp twice if you must!

I don't wanna argue with people who own the game (I don't yet) but I searched on Youtube for videos of nighttime play and the lighting looks fine to me.

Edited by ...

Night lighting is fine with me, havn't adjusted the TV or anything.

Only got 1 piece of cloth to collect before i get the next outfit, the Deadly Assassin one. Working on a few other as well, already picked up the Poker "cheating" one. Upgraded my camping arrangements to "improved", picked up 3 pieces of Treasure and attempted to place a prostitute on the railway line. Am really enjoying this game, more than i thought i would to be fair. Lasso'ing is fun.

May go online tonight, see how that fairs.

Bought the PS3 version on Saturday, after being told in Gamestation that they didn't have any copies, along with Argos and GAME, of the PS3 version due to distribution problems. Funny then that I should walk into GAME the next day and see 20 copies of it sitting behind the till.

Anyway, it's good. I'm enjoying it but would certainly like it to step up a gear a little. I've only played a couple of hours and I'm still hanging around the Armadillo area with missions but would like something a bit more invigorating. But it's fun just going about now that I have the lasso. Hogtied a criminal up in Thieve's Landing and rode with him on my horse all the way to Lake Don Julio and dropped him in :laughing: But why in the hell can't you swim? Not even the tiniest bit? Jumped into the water up at Thieve's Landing and it said 'DEAD'. It's like the old GTA games all over again. Ridiculous.

Best thing that has happened so far on my game, something which really made me laugh, was I was coming down the stairs in the bar in Armadillo and there was a woman facing the wall. Accidently bumped into her and she shot forward, face slamming into the wall and her screaming her face hurt :laughing:

Bought the PS3 version on Saturday, after being told in Gamestation that they didn't have any copies, along with Argos and GAME, of the PS3 version due to distribution problems. Funny then that I should walk into GAME the next day and see 20 copies of it sitting behind the till.

There was a dude in GAME yesterday who was miffed because the store had ran out of "Standard" Edition 360 copies, very rude indeed i thought (and so did the shop worker as well). Luckily i picked up one of the few remaining "Limited" Editions, thats all they had.

Anyway, it's good. I'm enjoying it but would certainly like it to step up a gear a little. I've only played a couple of hours and I'm still hanging around the Armadillo area with missions but would like something a bit more invigorating. But it's fun just going about now that I have the lasso. Hogtied a criminal up in Thieve's Landing and rode with him on my horse all the way to Lake Don Julio and dropped him in :laughing: But why in the hell can't you swim? Not even the tiniest bit? Jumped into the water up at Thieve's Landing and it said 'DEAD'. It's like the old GTA games all over again. Ridiculous.

I do like how it is a simple "DEAD" on-screen instead of the complicated, and un-clear screens you get sometimes. Have Hog-tied several females, with only one being ran over by the train, another i cut-loose and the 3rd was shot dead by bandits.

Best thing that has happened so far on my game, something which really made me laugh, was I was coming down the stairs in the bar in Armadillo and there was a woman facing the wall. Accidently bumped into her and she shot forward, face slamming into the wall and her screaming her face hurt :laughing:

I've had drunks attempting to start a fight with me, with much fail. Quite funny how one drunk managed to chase me but when he got near me, he got ran over by a horse and trampled.

You'll have to stop your urge to turn your TV off when playing Read Dead then.

COMEDY RAINBOW!

But why in the hell can't you swim? Not even the tiniest bit? Jumped into the water up at Thieve's Landing and it said 'DEAD'. It's like the old GTA games all over again. Ridiculous.

Really? Well, that sucks. After GTA4, it's stupid to go back to the no swimming thing. It's disapointing. In games where you can't go in the water it just makes the water seem like it's just scenery, you can't interact with it.

Really? Well, that sucks. After GTA4, it's stupid to go back to the no swimming thing. It's disapointing. In games where you can't go in the water it just makes the water seem like it's just scenery, you can't interact with it.

I'm guessing it has something to do with it being set in 1911 when most couldn't swim. :p

Major problems with horses today, first of all that gold/yellow mustang disappeared to be replaced by cak, I then captured another horse, which was pretty good, that got killed by a cougar, four horses after that got killed by cougars.

I found the gold mustang again took it to a pub, and a massive shoot out occured and my horse got killed.

Spent an hour trying to find another one to no avail :(

Went online yesterday, tried finding my mate in the free-roaming. After 1/2 hour search he happened to be in a different free-roam. Formed a posse between him and me, we changed character designs (him being Mexican, me being Native American). Got help from a 3rd person whilst taking a mine from a gang, and somehow i leveled up to 5 after this. Was all fun.

Liking how the money paid to you in single-player raises with your honour/fame as it goes up.