Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Ine Investigates

Fierce_LiNk

Ine! Should I be studying for exams, or should I be slacking off?

...No, wait, I know the answer to that one. Lemme try again:

Is Ine as in "Eenuh with an english accent"?

If so, goshdarn it, I was used to pronounce "Eenuh" the French way: "Éenue"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ine is pronounced ['i:nə] - i: as in bee, n as in not, and ə as in above, with stress on the first syllable. Eenuh is a way of rendering this pronunciation in English spelling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ine is pronounced ['i:nə] - i: as in bee, n as in not, and ə as in above, with stress on the first syllable. Eenuh is a way of rendering this pronunciation in English spelling.

*nods*

That what I assume to be the truth. I want to believe, in any case.

Oh yeah, one thing I always forget...how do you guys meet up?

I assume I'm right in saying she lives in Belgium and you in *ambiguous random place in England*.

Or do you live there too?

I was going to say you should look at my location in my profile, but fucking Odders has changed it to Planet Hoth. Gonna kick his arse if I ever see him.

She's in Belgium, but you may recall that she came over for Crimbo, and I also went over there not long ago. Also, Paris.

I was going to say you should look at my location in my profile, but fucking Odders has changed it to Planet Hoth. Gonna kick his arse if I ever see him.

She's in Belgium, but you may recall that she came over for Crimbo, and I also went over there not long ago. Also, Paris.

Ok. That's what I thought, but conflicting reports clouded my journey through the astral plane.

I do need another decision though...nutella/cheap imitation chocolate spread or peanut butter(smooth or nutty too?)? I've been having the former for a good few years now, but I used to eat peanut butter as a kid all the time I was so hooked, and I recently had some again and have a serious hankering but I'm afraid I'll eat too much...

Why not just buy both? That way you can just switch between the two whenever you want. And just try to limit yourself while eating it, if you're afraid of eating too much. Think of it as a way of saving money as well, if you don't eat too much.

Eenuh (btw, are Eenuh and Ine pronounced the same way? In my head they are), should I quit my job? On one hand the economy is in the shit and getting new ones are hard, but its only part time, I'm not in desperate need of money, the work sucks, it takes up my whole weekend leaving very little time for doing stuff with friends and I hate 90% of the people there.

Eenuh is the same as Ine (phonetically spelt in English).

About your job, what is your reason for staying there? Because right now it seems your list of cons is longer than the pros. Actually, write down that list for yourself, with reasons to stay and reasons to quit. It might help you to figure out what it is you want from this job or do not want from it. Just don't make a hasty decision, think it through. =)

I have a good question too. What will fix my headache faster. Ibuprofen or paracetamol?

Bit late and your headache might be gone now, but this site seems to recommend ibuprofen, though I'm not sure if there really is much of a difference.

http://www.ibuprofen-foundation.com/Uses/headache.htm

This is pretty much how to pronounce my name, yes. Both my real name and forum name. If anyone wants to give it a try, send in an audio file and I'll tell you if you're right or wrong. =P

dinner - d - r

Haha, no. That just really doesn't sound like my name, it's a long 'i' sound (in Dutch). This makes it sound more like Inne, not Ine.

No. =(

Honestly, my name really isn't that difficult... right? =(

Nah. Some people will just assume it has some sort "catch" to it, when it should actually be the first thing that springs into our mind.

Personally, I blame the English-speaking world.

I had more trouble with "Eenuh", because I didn't know it was an "Englished" version of Ine.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!