N-Europe

What makes you different?

Fierce_LiNk

I'm 'lucky enough' to have been brought up in a slum...

And then I was transported (through a bizarre series of events) to a Boarding school where I had to suddenly become this high-class guy with new sets of ideals etc... Never fitted in. But then went back to normal schools, lived on a farm where I had to work mornings before school. Made me a grafter and appreciative of a lot of things really. Random: I remember sitting in the hay barn on a night and waiting for this one bastard Fox we had killing the hens. Such random awesomeness in hindsight.

Then after moving to Germany briefly and Scotland (with parents) I decided to move to Cyprus and become a self employed lifeguard/swim teacher before finally deciding to go to uni 2yrs ago. Done a lot of stuff. I feel an overwhelming sense of 'worth' as an individual through the vast array of things I've seen and done. And I think that's quite different.

I'm VERY proud of where I've been and what I've done. And that makes me different from most people I know. I'm not boring. I embrace life. I chase my dreams and generally seize chances and know that others can never bring me down through their own actions.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

:bowdown: You can tell you're a goodun from your posts, this confirms it!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel I have ESP and near psychic abilities when it comes to people. I could understand a situation so well, I'm a great judge of character and usually know what others are feeling without the need for them to tell me. The feeling of Deja Vu is all too common.

that made me chuckle. more then anything it reminds me of how i used to belive there was more to life. then part of me died

edit.

also, tapedeck added some deth to whats essentaily all of us listing arbitary things that make us slightly different, even though we share these differences with millions of outhers.

No matter how good you are at something, there are always people better than you. I don't really feel as if I'm good at anything I'm passionate about, which is quite bad really.

I have a very athletic and capable body, but I'm not going to win any olympic medals. I've always been naturally gifted when it comes to running.

I was the teachers pet in my Chinese class at SOAS for the first couple of terms, but everybody apart from me in my class gave up after the second term when they couldn't even read the end of term exam. I felt good about myself until I was put into a class with just me and 3 other people who had been studying for twice as long and were better than me. One guy had been studying for 5 years compared to my 1! Until then, I would aim to be the best in the class every single week.

The more terms I did, the more people gave up until I was in a class full of very passionate and intelligent individuals/the survivors... It really made me feel as if I didn't belong there, but I could manage. I'm at the upper intermediate stage, but don't think I'll go back to do the next term and I'll just take my exams in May and self study instead. I miss the days of learning 20 new words a fortnight, instead of 50.:shakehead I miss the days of my old classmates who were so rubbish!

I chase my dreams and generally seize chances

I guess this is what makes me special. Well, actually not this in particular.

I try to chase my dreams as well and I also try to seize chances, but I think I am unable to see chances that are given to me. No idea why, and no idea how to change this.

More aspects about me that I think make me special:

There are only few (very few) people that like me...and I suppose I only know one person that I can call "real friend" (she is my best friend).

I know why most people don't like me...I am unfriendly, sarcastic, generally I don't care about other's feelings (except for my friend's feelings, and family, of course) and I trust almost no one (again except family and best friend).

All I can think of right now.

Guest Jordan

Well...

I am the only person living, dead or that shall ever live to be called Jordan Khoviteri-Zadeh. (unless some bastard off spring of mine or a sibling decides to name a child). Khoviteri-Zadeh is an original family name, created by my father from a very far back line in our family. There are many Khoviteri's, but Khoviteri-Zadeh is unlikely to ever pop up again. Khoviteri is Arabic, Zadeh is Iranian for family... The Arab's and Iranian's don't get on at the best of times.

I used to live in Halifax, West Yorkshire with my parents, two dogs and two cats. I now live with my girlfriend who I met on a this very Nintendo forum. I love her dearly and sometimes I don't think shes realises it. 2 1/2 years strong :).

I've met some of my best friends on here, in particular Piro Roadkill and Domstercool.

I love, LOVE to help people. I don't know what it is, but if i see someone with a problem I have to help. If I was smarter i'd probably be a good doctor, but unfortunately I spent too much time on Engadget so... Electrics are my thing also I get distract- Ooooohhhh 50" HDTV with internet widgets. Please! Take my money!

No matter how good you are at something, there are always people better than you. I don't really feel as if I'm good at anything I'm passionate about, which is quite bad really.

I have a very athletic and capable body, but I'm not going to win any olympic medals. I've always been naturally gifted when it comes to running.

I was the teachers pet in my Chinese class at SOAS for the first couple of terms, but everybody apart from me in my class gave up after the second term when they couldn't even read the end of term exam. I felt good about myself until I was put into a class with just me and 3 other people who had been studying for twice as long and were better than me. One guy had been studying for 5 years compared to my 1!

The more terms I did, the more people gave up until I was in a class full of very passionate and intelligent individuals/the survivors... It really made me feel as if I didn't belong there, but I could manage. I'm at the upper intermediate stage, but don't think I'll go back to do the next term and I'll just take my exams in May and self study instead. I miss the days of learning 20 new words a fortnight, instead of 50.:shakehead I miss the days of my old classmates who were so rubbish!

You at SOAS?

Pretty much the same thing happened with me and Japanese. For some strange reason they put me in the accelerated set in the first year even though I'd only done it for a year. Changed course after my second year and now I'm in the first year doing Social Anthropology...which is kind of the other end of the spectrum.

What makes me different? Well, for one thing, I'm ginger. Ok, I get loads of harsh comments, etc because of it, but I really don't give a crap. I'm proud of it!

I don't tend to, or try to, fit in with and "culture" either. I don't class myself as goth, punk, indie, rocker, metaller, etc... I just dress and act how I feel at the time. Although I'm deffinitely NOT a chav in any way or form.

Personality-wise, I'm quite a good person to get along with (so I've been told.) Infact, some describe me as too nice most of the time! One thing that's different about me, which is kind of my downfall, is the fact that my sense of humor is quite strange. Most people I talk to don't understand me most of the time, though those close to me are used to it now.

And tbh, my background sounds quite dull compared to tapedeck's.

What makes me different? Well, for one thing, I'm ginger. Ok, I get loads of harsh comments, etc because of it, but I really don't give a crap. I'm proud of it!

Gingers are win, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise mkay? =)

I kinda went from trying to hide myself into the background, into the madness we all know...

I got bullied a lot etc. I had skin condition and an odd accent from being a forces child.. Made me different in a way I didn't want to be. So I behaved as normal and quiet as I could. I was infamous in my school as the freak, basically.

Now i've lost all of my shackles (well pretty much so) and I jumped right in. I'm mad and dye my hair crazy colours and don't give a toot what people think. ^^;

Different things... I get comparisons to Chandler from Friends moreso than anyone else on Earth [regardless that I was here first].

Something similar to what Odwin mentioned.

A psychic mentioning, which I put down to being able to read people.

i manage to avoid depression despite being in a bad place in life.

Plus the fact you're not a pussy like those who say they are.

Different in what way?

I don't really get what you're asking.

Being different and being special aren't the same thing.

That reminds me of a quality quote from Two and a Half Men, which I would love to use in the future:

"You said I was special!"

"I said you were special, not unique"

Cheers guys :)

Well...

I am the only person living, dead or that shall ever live to be called Jordan Khoviteri-Zadeh. (unless some bastard off spring of mine or a sibling decides to name a child). Khoviteri-Zadeh is an original family name, created by my father from a very far back line in our family. There are many Khoviteri's, but Khoviteri-Zadeh is unlikely to ever pop up again. Khoviteri is Arabic, Zadeh is Iranian for family... The Arab's and Iranian's don't get on at the best of times.

Does that mean that your the last one to carry that name too? Quite interesting gen.

I now live with my girlfriend who I met on a this very Nintendo forum. I love her dearly and sometimes I don't think she realises it. 2 1/2 years strong :)

Wow! She's getting older. She'll be starting nursery soon! :laughing:

Well...

I used to live in Halifax, West Yorkshire with my parents, two dogs and two cats. I now live with my girlfriend who I met on a this very Nintendo forum. I love her dearly and sometimes I don't think shes realises it. 2 1/2 years strong :).

Wouldn't that have made her 14 when you were going out.....? Isn't that.....illegal? :)

I think I'm more in tune with the spirits of others.

Lul.

Basically, I feel I observe people and discern them as people. Can't really describe it. I call them "honest" people, or people that have an "honesty". Lust for life...that sounds all wrong though. It makes sense in my head.

I feel I'm constantly a yard away from people...I'm not very confident, and have/had speech problems and stuff. I think that's why I'm more comfortable observing and assessing. (Not always, but I know I am comfortable in those kinda situations)

I think I have a good moral compass when it comes to my fellow man. Better than a lot of people I know.

Gingers are win, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise mkay? =)

Aww, thanks for that! :) I deffo don't let it get to me these days, people who insult hair colours are just idiots imo.

I kinda went from trying to hide myself into the background, into the madness we all know...

I got bullied a lot etc. I had skin condition and an odd accent from being a forces child.. Made me different in a way I didn't want to be. So I behaved as normal and quiet as I could. I was infamous in my school as the freak, basically.

Now i've lost all of my shackles (well pretty much so) and I jumped right in. I'm mad and dye my hair crazy colours and don't give a toot what people think. ^^;

Actually, I can kind of relate to that. I used to have learning disabilities when I was younger, I wasn't even expected to pass any GCSE's. This took a huge toll on my personality, and everyone thought I was a freak too.

However, for some reason, I just grew out of it around half way through secondary school. People started to treat me normally and I managed to pass all my GCSE's. Now here I am, with awesome friends and a uni diploma. ^^

Tbh, I think one of the reasons I'm such a huge gamer now is because I used it as a form of escapism from the problems I had.

There's nothing really that special about me, tbh.

I have 4 sisters. I was born in Germany, but speak no German.

I'm clever and naturally good at maths, but don't feel clever nor naturally good at maths.

I'm gay.

I only feel secure around people I have empathy with. And when I'm with people I have empathy with, I have no shame.

My dad is really high up in the Army; often something people are surprised by.

Aww, thanks for that! :) I deffo don't let it get to me these days, people who insult hair colours are just idiots imo.

Actually, I can kind of relate to that. I used to have learning disabilities when I was younger, I wasn't even expected to pass any GCSE's. This took a huge toll on my personality, and everyone thought I was a freak too.

However, for some reason, I just grew out of it around half way through secondary school. People started to treat me normally and I managed to pass all my GCSE's. Now here I am, with awesome friends and a uni diploma. ^^

Tbh, I think one of the reasons I'm such a huge gamer now is because I used it as a form of escapism from the problems I had.

Yay! Escapism is win. PS congrats on the whole overcoming your problems thing, you are a lot stronger than I.

My housemates often compare me to a cat. Apparently they've observed me getting comfortable "literally almost anywhere", and constantly being drawn towards radiators and warm sun rays coming through the window. I'm catman.

Is it weird that I find that really cute? o_O lol. I do love cats <3

Edit: My family is kinda "different". My mum's a brummy. My dads from here (Ballymena, Northern Ireland) I was born in Inverness, (Scotland), and my sister was born in Germany (guttersloh iirc)