Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Summer Meetup, innit - Hyde Park, Saturday 18th July. No penguins allowed.

Rummy

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be a few more months before I make my decision. It's more of a money issue but I have ways of getting around it. It then just boils down to my mother letting me go off for the weekend to London, which I'm sure she'll let me do if I come up with some completely bogus reason for doing it. Still, I'll be doing everything I can to come to the meet.

It'll be a few more months before I make my decision. It's more of a money issue but I have ways of getting around it. It then just boils down to my mother letting me go off for the weekend to London, which I'm sure she'll let me do if I come up with some completely bogus reason for doing it. Still, I'll be doing everything I can to come to the meet.

You're pretty much on the same boat as me. Doesn't help when we live far away from the meets :heh:

I don't mind the distance that needs to be travelled. Hell, the further away it is from my house the better. Means that I'm less likely to get pestered, be it in person or on the phone, from family members. And plus, travelling somewhere is an awesome experience. Can always have fun on long journeys somewhere. :D

Ah! So we just need a bogus reason? Ask The_Bard what he did for london. I don't remember his excuse, but I don't think he even told his parents he was going anywhere. They certainly didn't know he was in london, nor that he was sleeping in a room full of strangers he'd met off the internet that night. I think he just pretended to be at a mate's house!

Say you and a mate are gonna go down and see a few museums/parks or something. It'll be mostly true.

Ah! So we just need a bogus reason? Ask The_Bard what he did for london. I don't remember his excuse, but I don't think he even told his parents he was going anywhere. They certainly didn't know he was in london, nor that he was sleeping in a room full of strangers he'd met off the internet that night. I think he just pretended to be at a mate's house!

Say you and a mate are gonna go down and see a few museums/parks or something. It'll be mostly true.

I said I was going to Sheffield to meet some friends who were at uni. I don't know whether they bought it or not but no questions were asked.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!