NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

To be fair, Booker T was a good commentator, even in the days of King Booker.

Also, YESSSSSSSSS!! The Rock has come back! :grin:

I had tuned out of wrestling for the past year. I would check results once in a while, to see how the storylines were going, if there was anything interesting going on. Watched Survivor Series and Royal Rumble out of principle (Royal Rumble was awesome, even if a bit long)

But seriously, The Rock might have just rekindled some of my interest for wrestling. Will watch Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania now, hopefully, things won't go downhill after that.

When I heard that theme tune, a massive smile was on my face and it suddenly brought me back to my early teen years! I shortly stopped watching WWF/WWE after The Rock left and they turned it all weird (in my opinion they did anyway). It just didn't feel the same. However, now that The Rock is back, I think I shall start watching again! As many people have said here, nobody can work a crowd like he can.

I've seen some Wrestlemanias here and there but I stopped watching it back in 2009 and I haven't seen or heard anything since until today. The Rock is just a legend! I'm definitely tuning in! All I can say is I cannae wait to see him layeth the smackdown on John-fooking-Cena! :D

I hope it's a new dawn for WWE...my faith is restoring slowly!

What pisses me off with this new Kiddie wwe is how everyone is face, they are all good, fight clean and only win in a clean fight. While heels can only win by cheating they can never win a clean fight. It irritates me. Plus no personality. During the attitude era almost everyone had crazy personality that made me want to watch it all the time because everyone had crazy things going on. Now it's just so....ugh.

What pisses me off with this new Kiddie wwe is how everyone is face, they are all good, fight clean and only win in a clean fight. While heels can only win by cheating they can never win a clean fight. It irritates me. Plus no personality. During the attitude era almost everyone had crazy personality that made me want to watch it all the time because everyone had crazy things going on. Now it's just so....ugh.

I totally agree with what you said and this is the main reason why I don't watch it anymore. Nobody has any personality or attitude. However, I'm definitely tuning in to see The Rock show crappy Cena how it's done old-school...I hope anyway...hopefully this will be a turning point for the good in WWE, it's about time it had the Attitude era kicked back in to it!

Mcoy greatly misses the old wrestling times.

Mcoy really liked Rock's heel hollywood theme though :P

Edited by Brian Mcoy

I have to admit to being a lifetime fan of wrestling, even though its only the last 18 months or so since i started watching again. Before that the last big storyline i remember is Austin vs Rock, i remember staying up on a schoolnight to watch wrestlemania!

If you look closley you can see some of the old WWE attitude coming back, look at CM punk (he works the mic well), Miz (imo one of the best on the mic in the WWE ever), Santino Marello (comedy Gold) and evern Daniel Bryant and John Morrison who are some of the most complete actual wrestlers in recent years.

Less PG and more adult themes would make the WWE great again.

I have to admit to being a lifetime fan of wrestling, even though its only the last 18 months or so since i started watching again. Before that the last big storyline i remember is Austin vs Rock, i remember staying up on a schoolnight to watch wrestlemania!

If you look closley you can see some of the old WWE attitude coming back, look at CM punk (he works the mic well), Miz (imo one of the best on the mic in the WWE ever), Santino Marello (comedy Gold) and evern Daniel Bryant and John Morrison who are some of the most complete actual wrestlers in recent years.

Less PG and more adult themes would make the WWE great again.

Mcoy would kill for another era of stone cold and The Rock.

Too bad Stone Cold had to end his career super early because of the damage he did to his body over time :(

As a Chris Benoit fan (before, you know...), I have to say that Daniel Bryan is a great reason to watch. I sure hope he goes far. Also, John Morrison is awesome, and I'm glad he's getting closer and closer to the title.

CM Punk is amazing on the mic, anything he does is gold. Miz as well.

It's Cena and Orton that keep hogging the main event, and relying on the same shtick, despite the fact that they're not Austin or The Rock (or even HHH)

Too bad Stone Cold had to end his career super early because of the damage he did to his body over time :(

Due to neck problems mainly, tis a shame his career ended so soon.

This was the best Rock promo. Always preferred him as a heel.

Due to neck problems mainly, tis a shame his career ended so soon.

And this is what caused it

SOOOOO much better as a heel :D

You know the way sometimes there is video promo's before a match? Which are your favourite match promos ever?

My all time best!

Edited by mcj metroid

Mcoy loved heel rock, Heel king as a comentator was fucking hillarious as well.

Mcoy's favourite promo was the last one between Stone Cold and The Rock, Mcoy loved the fact that it was the two biggest superstars fighting for personal reasons, there wasn't even any titles on the line. Mcoy's favourite wresteler Stone Cold had recently returned after his absence and the Rock confronted him as he had "done it all" apart from beaten Stone Cold in wrestlemania.

Mcoy hated to see that as the last match for Stone Cold but what an epic match It was, Stone Cold lost but it took three rock bottoms and a peoples elbow to put him away. Mcoy couldn't think of a more epic way to close the best rivalry in WWE and retire the best wrestling superstar ever in that match.

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Dog-amoto thinks that Mcoy refers to himself in the third person as a homage to The Great One.

Mcoy hated to see that as the last match for Stone Cold but what an epic match It was, Stone Cold lost but it took three rock bottoms and a peoples elbow to put him away. Mcoy couldn't think of a more epic way to close the best rivalry in WWE and retire the best wrestling superstar ever in that match.

Out of their 3 wrestlemania matches I would say it was the worst of the 3.

I wish the rock didn't mock Austin as much. I doubt he was meant to wear his jacket for THAT long. Also I'm finding a lot of people are confusing CLASSIC matches with matches that are basically superstars doing finishers for the whole match.

There WAS a time when a finisher REALLY was a finisher. NOBODY expected the superstar to kick out and they did in very rare circumstances. :)

A couple of my favourties are from the Alliance Vs WWE storyline.

Rock Vs Jericho was great aswell.

I don't think I've ever seen a wrestler do this before. Piss funny!

I remember watching it, I think it was at Backlash 1999 (when all the PPVs were shown for "free" on Sky Sports, not like now :nono: )

like a few of the last posters here, I haven't properly watched a Smackdown or Raw broadcast in a long time, since perhaps... Wrestlemania XX (Lesnar / Goldberg match... what a let down :( )

But I feel that's about the time when WWF / WWE was in decline. And I discovered Friday and Saturday Nights could be good fun out and about rather then being in watching wrestling.

When the Logo's were old school that's when the times were good -

150px-SmackDown%21original.JPG

150px-Rawiswar.jpg

and also good during the upgrades

150px-MNrawlogo.jpg

200px-SmackDown%21Brand.JPG

Some of the better storylines (There's so many I know...)

200px-Wwfwcwecwinvasion.jpg

Fuck me wrestling used to be so cool.

I don't think I've ever seen a wrestler do this before. Piss funny!

I remember watching it, I think it was at Backlash 1999 (when all the PPVs were shown for "free" on Sky Sports, not like now :nono: )

LOL

The Rock taking time out to commentate on his own match, and then the camera panning back with Austin flipping him off. Comedy gold :grin:

Epic moment. I think this was the 1st time the regime finally got beat, watching Austin nail each of them with a chair is hilarious.

LOL

The Rock taking time out to commentate on his own match, and then the camera panning back with Austin flipping him off. Comedy gold :grin:

He did the same in his match vs Mankind. Also in the WHC N1C Battle Royale back in 2003.

Them were the days, but when i saw this story-line i knew WWE was going downhill.

The intro they used was just a big no no

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Jimbob

If you listen carefully, Rock says "Oh shit!" before he gets stunned.

Don't forget that there were plenty of shit storylines even in the late 90s

I lost interest when they screwed up the WCW invasion then the nWo.

Jobbed to Austin, turned Hogan face straight away... complete joke.

20 years ago next month I watched my first ever WWF PPV...

Wrestlemania 7

Where the legend that is the Ultimate Warrior owned the Macho Man / King.

wm7_06.jpg

First one I watched was Survivor Series 89.

Then the Royal Rumble 90 and then Wrestlemania 6.

I prefered it when they had longer between PPVs. There's sometimes three weeks between them now.

dont understand why theres so many ppvs now would get more people interested if feuds were allowed to build and build for more time then just 3 weeks :woops:

much prefer the old wwe days i do still watch raw a couple of times a month and the ppvs but its been rather stale for a while now with the occasion awesome bits (most recent being miz becoming champ)

the rock coming back is amazing as brings back memories of the good ol' days god i miss those days of austin feuding with mcmahon