Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss 2009

ReZourceman

I kinda want to just not eat for a while, to lose weight. (Obviously eat...but just little/better stuff)

I'll do it after these exams though.

After that I'll think about exercise to build it up or whatever, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put on a decent amount of weight in 2008.. it wasn't a great year! According to Wii Fit I put on 5lbs in the last 40 days of the year alone.. and I put that down to sitting in front of the computer all day every day for about 3 weeks trying to get my coursework done.. and was eating nothing but crap!

Since 2009 began, I think I have got that 5lbs off again and hopefully a little more (when I next get on Wii Fit I will find out..) ..and I'm feeling more positive about this year!

My aim is to drop at least another stone in the next few months.. but obviously that is gonna take effort and it's not wise to try to do it too quickly!

I put on a decent amount of weight in 2008.. it wasn't a great year! According to Wii Fit I put on 5lbs in the last 40 days of the year alone.. and I put that down to sitting in front of the computer all day every day for about 3 weeks trying to get my coursework done.. and was eating nothing but crap!

Since 2009 began, I think I have got that 5lbs off again and hopefully a little more (when I next get on Wii Fit I will find out..) ..and I'm feeling more positive about this year!

My aim is to drop at least another stone in the next few months.. but obviously that is gonna take effort and it's not wise to try to do it too quickly!

You don't need to lose weight you nutter!:smile:

You don't need to lose weight you nutter!:smile:

Haha.. it has been a right wee while since you seen me.. I have definitely had a noticable increase in weight!

As well as the weight though, I'd like to be fitter and healthier as I'd like to be able to play football properly again.. a few years ago I could have ran all day!

At the moment I am very committed and have lowered my food intake to somewhere near half of what I would usually have had in a day in 2008.. it's still plenty to keep me going, I used to eat far too much :heh:

One thing I am finding though is that in the last couple of weeks I've ate better and healthier food.. but the urge to just have something really bad kinda increases.. like a McDonald's (A Double Cheeseburger Meal..) or a Rustler's burger (which I haven't had in over a year probably)

I still have a little something sweet every day.. like 2 Celebrations or a biscuit.. just to satisfy the sweet tooth.. (teeth...)

Haha.. it has been a right wee while since you seen me.. I have definitely had a noticable increase in weight!

but, lol, you were a skinny malinky back then! :heh:

As well as the weight though, I'd like to be fitter and healthier as I'd like to be able to play football properly again.. a few years ago I could have ran all day!

That's a good reason to do it more than anything! Makes life a whole lot easier!

At the moment I am very committed and have lowered my food intake to somewhere near half of what I would usually have had in a day in 2008.. it's still plenty to keep me going, I used to eat far too much :heh:

One thing I am finding though is that in the last couple of weeks I've ate better and healthier food.. but the urge to just have something really bad kinda increases.. like a McDonald's (A Double Cheeseburger Meal..) or a Rustler's burger (which I haven't had in over a year probably)

I still have a little something sweet every day.. like 2 Celebrations or a biscuit.. just to satisfy the sweet tooth.. (teeth...)

Very true. No need to completely cut it out if you crave it.. A small amount of sugar shouldn't be a problem!

I just go batshit and eat around me when I completely cut out the rubbish. At least if i get a bit every now and then I feel the insanity going away :D

but, lol, you were a skinny malinky back then! :heh:

My waist said no.. now it's screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I got Wii Fit a couple of days after it came out.. and I was realtively comfortably in the Ideal category.. by the end of the year I was half way into Overweight, with an increase in BMI of over 3.0 points..

Muscles shrink when they aren't used.

I was at weightwatchers today, I've lost 9 lbs. What. The. Fuck?! :D

The gym musta paid off!

Good work :)

My sister lost a stone in a week. Buts thats because she had her mouth wired shut (operation) and was reduced to protein drinks or whatever it was. Hows that for a diet .

Good work :)

My sister lost a stone in a week. Buts thats because she had her mouth wired shut (operation) and was reduced to protein drinks or whatever it was. Hows that for a diet .

Thats a diet you wouldnt want to be on! I remember one of my college friends had his mouth wired shut for about a year.. (he had his head kicked like a football by some bastards - had three plates put in his jaw to fix) and he lost a lot of weight :(

I don't feel like ive lost a lot of weight, which is really annoying. When I put on 4lbs once before i felt really fat and BLEH. When you lose weight, its like, oh my trousers are a bit loose... Doesn't feel like an achievement, even though the numbers prove it is.

I kinda want to just not eat for a while, to lose weight. (Obviously eat...but just little/better stuff)

If you want to lose weight, thats the exact opposite of what you want to be doing.

Eat well, give your body the amount of energy it needs, otherwise its just gonna munch on other resources (muscle). Give your body enough to maintain its weight, find this out wit a BMI, then excercise to lose 500 cals per day, if you did that 7 times, thats 3500 cals gone, thats 1 pound, do that 12 times, a stones gone.

And losing a stone in a week, that would be nowhere near a stone of fat in a week, water weight is a lot in your body!

Most important factor in losing weight is keeping your body well hydrated, drink 2 litres of water a day at least, it keeps you in check.

If you want to lose weight, thats the exact opposite of what you want to be doing.

Eat well, give your body the amount of energy it needs, otherwise its just gonna munch on other resources (muscle). Give your body enough to maintain its weight, find this out wit a BMI, then excercise to lose 500 cals per day, if you did that 7 times, thats 3500 cals gone, thats 1 pound, do that 12 times, a stones gone.

And losing a stone in a week, that would be nowhere near a stone of fat in a week, water weight is a lot in your body!

Most important factor in losing weight is keeping your body well hydrated, drink 2 litres of water a day at least, it keeps you in check.

Don't worry, I couldn't (even If I wanted to) starve myself. :heh:

I know that's not how to lose weight anyway...I'm just too lazy to actually do anything about it. And I dislike the idea of changing my diet, as I'm a rubbishly picky/bad eater, and I just snack on things.

I think that's what really did it for me, I've been drinking well over 2 litres a day. It also helps to stave off the food cravings when you feel full of water!

PS - fasting diets should only be done under medical supervision, its not really advised unless you have a medical condition (they recommend it for severe arthritis afaik) that can be improved by it.

All this diet talk makes me want a big chocolate cookie. Omnnom.

I think university when people aren't around is definately a bad thing for me. My appetite goes right out the window.

Today I've had a pot noodle and some crisps. I can't even think about eating anything else. Compared to 3 full meals a day at home with snacks. Gah! It saves money I suppose. I'm drinking alot of juice which helps :).

It can also be as a detox for various reasons also raining, but again only on doctors recommendation.

Well, this will probably sound stupid...

OMG, my pet peeve right there... :p

When people say that I always go into some kind of "tell me about that" mode...

For example, why say that statement before some information unless you have preconceived issues about what is coming next? Or maybe the person is trying to please someone or be tentative about something. I just find that a really interesting statement.

I can't understand it that's all..it's not something I ever say. Maybe I should try it so someone can try to analyse me...

Note:

This will probably sound stupid...but you've just learnt a little more about me.

See what I mean? : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!