N-Europe

Top 3 Gaming Moments of 2008

Daft

That is the most unconvincing list of games I've ever seen...oh dear lol. I mean, some of those are good but have better counterparts on other consoles (I mean, World of Goo looks great and so does Lost Winds, but Braid, Geometry Wars 2 and Bionic Commando...yum).

Bionic Commando? :D Braid and geometry Wars are amazing, but I'd prefer Lost Winds and Goo any day. Goo and Braid are the best two of the lot!

Luckily I get to play all 4! :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Zack and Wicki, De Blob, Wario Land, Mario Kart, World of Goo, Lost Winds, Animal Crossing, Boom Blox, Pro Evo, Tiger Woods, Shaun White fit into the Baby Party category? How about the ultimate versions (if you've need played them) of Res Evil 4 and Okami? Bargain awesome lightgun games in Ghost Squad, HotD, Links and Umbrella Chronicles!!

You didn't want to play ANY of them?

Baby Party 43 does look quite good though.

Not one of those games interest me, I've played Resi 4 at least 10 times on my Gamecube and I've completed Okami on my PS2 so I have no need to play those again.

Baby Party 43 does look quite good though.

Not one of those games interest me, I've played Resi 4 at least 10 times on my Gamecube and I've completed Okami on my PS2 so I have no need to play those again.

Fair enough. You have the most limited interest in gaming but people likes what they likes

Yeah Daz that games list isn't very convinving.

Wario Land is capable on a GBA and Umbrella Chronicles is hardly amazing. I'll give you Resi 4 but that's a port (an awesome one at that). The other titles are neither here nor there for me, ones I wouldn't get if I still owned a Wii.

I really don't have a limited interested in gaming, it's just that I can only waggle my wrist a few times before I get bored.

If none of those games appeal to you, you DO have limited appeal in gaming. And the fact you just mention waggle shows how much of a fanboy you actually are. There's nothing wrong with it, don't worry about it, but don't deny it. I'll admit my musical taste is limited, I don't like music and LESS than someone else, but in terms of why types of music I like it's not very broad!

I know people who hate foreign films, or only like horrors, hate dramas and animation and so on. This is a limited viewpoint, a great film is a great film no matter what genra or style it's in.

Same with games. There's clearly a WIDE variety of games that you don't like, thus, a very limited appeal in games!

I dont see what the problem is? He listed one of his top moments as selling his Wii, he didnt like it end of story. There is no need to start questioning the guys gaming prefrences just because he doesnt have the same taste in games as some of you. Why do people have to get all defensive when someone on here doesnt like the Wii? Lets be fair here aswell, the topic is in the Other Console board.

How is selling a console the number one top moment? It's not is it? It was pure flame bait! I listed a few games that surely he would like at least one of, he didn't, only then did I say his gaming was limited and stated quite strongly that this wasn't a bad thing at all.

How is selling a console the number one top moment? It's not is it? It was pure flame bait! I listed a few games that surely he would like at least one of, he didn't, only then did I say his gaming was limited and stated quite strongly that this wasn't a bad thing at all.

Of course it can be considered a top moment to him. If he didnt like the console and then got cash for it then yeah its a win. Lets get back on topic otherwise some form of mass deleting of messages will be done to ensure that it does.

Whats the problem?! I don't like the Wii, and I sold it. I played the games on the console that I wanted to. Because I don't want to play any of a limited list of games (sports, platformers and a couple of light-gun type games) that you mention, I suddenly have limited taste in gaming. And I get accused of flame baiting posting this in a non-Nintendo part of the forum. I despair!

Well, Merry Christmas! :heart:

I´m gonna be on of those cool people and get on topic.

1. Braid ending: My brain all over the ceiling and the wall

2. The last part of Fallout 3

From the part where the Brotherhood unleashes Liberty Prime (awesome) until you type in the password at the end was just breathtaking for me

3. Fable 2

The dog dying

a moment that narrowly missed out was fire emblem on the wii. a great game, hours of fun.

also, mario kart online was decent, even if i didnt win that often :p

the wii has alot of crap, but lets not forget that "waggle" is far better then the ps3 6 axis. so far, every use ive seen for it has screamed "shoe horn!"

In no particular order, with extras. It's too hard to limit it to three choices, lol...

Finally getting a PS3 with GTA IV

Okay, so I'm not a huge GTA fan, but I loved being able to finally play games online with my best mate (as he only has a PS3.) I still remember our first drive-by in GTA multiplayer. It was hilarious.

Metal Gear Solid 4

The story was incredible! It had me hooked right up till the very end!

Discovering LitteBigPlanet

I do suck at it, but the originality and community made levels really sold this to me. I've still yet to actually make a level, but I have quite a few ideas down already. ^^

Getting a HDTV

Seriously, I can't believe how much better games look in HD. I really was missing out here!

That's all I ca think of for now. I'll add more in a later post, if I can think of any.