Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MUSIC WARZ! Match 20

Paj!

Easily, easily Everlong. I really do love the song, but actually find most other FF songs to be stale and boring. This one stands out for me.

Also, the video is from a game called Audiosurf. It's an awesome game and dirt cheap on Steam at the moment :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trickiest one so far by a mile IMO.

Multi listens for both had to occur.

Hmmm. Im still undecided. Nah. Its basically a draw....but....just...

Hmmm. I kinda want to chose 20 Dollar - M.I.A, but then like....Foo Fighters was pretty great. Hmmm.

....Screw it. It was just a bit more sassy and obscure, 20 Dollar - M.I.A.

Oh, and by the way, to whoever nominated M.I.A.... why 20 dollar? She's got many better songs. 20 dollar's still great, mind!

Its her best song i think, so chilled. It was a toss up between this and mango pickle down to be honest lol

Everlong, no contest... seriously though speaking from a fans perspective I do love a lot of their songs, The Colour and The Shape is easily their best album, their last album I still enjoyed despite it kind of retreading old ground (I think one of the songs was even recycled from disc 2 of IYH but i could be wrong) it was still quite different from IYH.

Anyway regardless of what anyone says I still love them and Everlong while maybe overrated slightly is still a brilliant song, not my favourite track on the album but still awesome, ok I'll shut up now... >> Everlong.

Bit rude to do that.

If the other song was good maybe... in the end it truly doesn't matter as one person may find one song "stale" and the other decent while another may think the reverse.

It's all just subjective opinion with no universal truth to it, personally I happen to think that the Foo's are nowhere near as stale as some people seem to think they are, granted they aren't the most innovative of bands but what they do, they generally do well, The Colour and the Shape will most likely always be their best album though.

I happen to think that the Foo's are nowhere near as stale as some people seem to think they are, granted they aren't the most innovative of bands but what they do, they generally do well, The Colour and the Shape will most likely always be their best album though.

Precisely. If even their best album will go down in history as a non-event, how are they ever gonna have an impact? :heh:

Precisely. If even their best album will go down in history as a non-event, how are they ever gonna have an impact? :heh:

I wouldn't exactly call The Colour and The Shape a non-event and as for impact I think they nailed it with that album, they have still had their moments of greatness, just that not everyone likes them but then thats true for all bands, one persons definition of a classic is anothers definition of crap so what does it matter? :heh:

With the Foo's I tend to listen to their albums every now and then and then for a good while I'll listen to a load of other different music but somehow I always end up coming back to them no matter what others think because a lot of their tracks I remember fondly, not all but quite a few.

I don't tend to buy music based on how much global impact a band have had, but by how much impact they have had on me. :smile:

Hypocrite alarm!

:indeed:

:laughing:

I was aware of that, the "rude" bit was meant to sound sarcastic, I do it all the time in real life, but obviously that doesn't come across when typing at like 3am or whenever it was.

It was the blatancy of his request that made my chuckle a bit, though.

I wouldn't exactly call The Colour and The Shape a non-event and as for impact I think they nailed it with that album, they have still had their moments of greatness, just that not everyone likes them but then thats true for all bands, one persons definition of a classic is anothers definition of crap so what does it matter? :heh:

It matters because it's inarguable that Master Of Puppets is unanimously a milestone and a classic. It matters because The Colour And The Shape isn't a classic. It matters because, musically, it's nothing. It matters because personal opinion only applies to you. It matters because no matter how much I like TCATS (and I really do, I love the damn thing), it IS a non-event. It's a good album, true... but a completely unremarkable one, which pretty much shows just how unimportant the Foos are, musically. It matters because your opinion does not change reality. It matters because popular vote is usually completely innaccurate.

It matters because popular vote is usually completely innaccurate.

If thats so then doesn't that render this all completely pointless? Say if you put TMOP against TCATS whichever one of them won there would always be a number of people from the opposing side saying that it's completely innaccurate, but then thats only their opinion.

It's the same for music reviews that count towards critical acclaim etc it's still only someones opinion, even if 99 out of a hundred review calls something a masterpiece and one labels it utter rubbish then it may be unanimous but theres still the possibility that some will hate it and yet like another completely different album with the same credibility.

So it's still down to personal opinion and unless an opinion can be deemed "wrong" then it still doesn't really matter does it?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!