N-Europe

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was a pretty good trailer, but no in-game!

Charater models look even more wierd from the Character Select Screen.

And I don't get why if they insist on having the characters 'glow' to help you find them on screen [please!], why don't the turtles glow their correct colour?

And I don't get why if they insist on having the characters 'glow' to help you find them on screen please!, why don't the turtles glow their correct colour?

That's one thing that is bugging me, as well. When I originally saw the glow, I thought that this is what they were doing. But, it appears to not be the case.

It's small, isn't. But, it's the little touches that make games special.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-smash-up-20090331114102842.jpg

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-smash-up-20090331114058358.jpg

I think these are new. Also, the makers of the game have a blog going at IGN:

http://blogs.ign.com/Ubi_TMNT/

some interesting stuff so far:

Another big influence came from the Soul Calibur series. Now granted TMNT: Smash-Up is pretty different from those titles, they had one major similarity, all of the characters have weapons. SC was a weapon based fighter, and in that way was very different from the other very popular Namco fighting game series, Tekken. Weapon clashes and huge, broad sweeping attacks were the centerpiece of the fun factor in that game. I remember the first time I did Nightmare’s f,f+ B overhead spinning slash. Slamming my opponent into the ground and back at the same time felt so awesome. In that same way all of the characters in TMNT: Smash-Up were designed with weapons in mind as part of their main fighting capacity, so in order to properly design the combat system and its feel, we looked at SC for examples.
Edited by Retro_Link

Turtles in time IS amazing. Still play it on the good old SNES now and then. Quality arcade game. Still...if they threw in a subspace emissary alike scrolling mode it would rock my world. They seem to be paying a lot of fan service and even though they've said a beat 'em up enables players to get straight into fighting each other, I'm keeping all my digits crossed that a scrolling beat 'em up exists in some form.

Wouldn' t it be awesome if the old games were unlockables? Not gonna happen but I can dream!

Wouldn' t it be awesome if the old games were unlockables? Not gonna happen but I can dream!

That would be neat, or atleast a release on the VC. However did you know TMNT 2: Mutant Nightmare for the gamecube had Turtles in time as an unlockable?

TMNT 3:Battle Nexus had the original arcade game on it too.

That would be neat, or atleast a release on the VC. However did you know TMNT 2: Mutant Nightmare for the gamecube had Turtles in time as an unlockable?

I thought only the X-Box version had it in :o

Weren't Konami still making them at that point - thus the inclusion of the retro title?

I still don't think a fighter is anyones idea of an ultimate TMNT game; surely that would be a 4-player co-op sidescolling adventure beat-em-up, but still!

I think a turtles game on the arcade was 4-player I can't remember the name of it though but it was awesome.. Why this hasn't been done for consoles is beyond me.... WIIWARE!

I think a turtles game on the arcade was 4-player I can't remember the name of it though but it was awesome.. Why this hasn't been done for consoles is beyond me.... WIIWARE!

yeah it was 4-player, although there was also a 2-player cabnet aswell.

Also, Konami put the game out on Xbox live which has online play added to it and as I mentioned in the other post, its an unlockable in TMNT 3:Battle Nexus for the gamecube.

Now that the Virtual console has arcade games, maybe it'll get added to that too.

• 4 weeks later...

Gameplay Video:

Not really sure what to make of that :hmm:

Yes there's not much in that video, but doesn't look like my idea of an 'ultimate' TMNT video game celebrating 25 years of turtles... but just a lesser SSBB clone and pretty boring looking.

Edited by Retro_Link

However did you know TMNT 2: Mutant Nightmare for the gamecube had Turtles in time as an unlockable?

What WHAT WHAT!!!

I didn't know that those 2 classic games were unlockables, going to have to keep an eye on ebay for those two games.