Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Mini Me(et) Winter, St. Albans, 22nd December

ReZourceman

Updated the thread title to reflect decisions.

Where is Hemel Hempstead in relation to London/ Manchester?

Well, it's a bit north of London. St. Albans is where you want to get to though, which is a few stops on a train from one of the Kings Cross/St. Pancras stations - St. Pancras international I think, although I may be wrong. Anyway, here's its geographical location.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get the quick train from St Pancras International, it will either be the first stop or the second stop. Depends whether they randomly decide to stop at West Hampstead Thameslink.

Either way the journey from St Pancras to St Albans on the quick train is only around 20/25 mins.

[The slow train makes a lot of stops so you'll know which one is the quick one or not]

Also, I wouldn't be worried about not having much to say. We're all just people after all.

I take great offense at this insinuation of me being a people, I am not a people!

Ahem. So, like, a plan? Has it formulated? Do we know who IS coming, and do we have a TIME on which things shall commence?

Yeah... So I'm not coming now. Turns out I'm going to be travelling home to Brighton on monday 22nd. Theoretically I could pass through with my ma-hassive suitcase for a bit, but very unlikely. Darnitall! I'm heading to the train station tomorrow. If it's just as cheap to travel this friday as it is next monday, I'll come.

Yeah... So I'm not coming now. Turns out I'm going to be travelling home to Brighton on monday 22nd. Theoretically I could pass through with my ma-hassive suitcase for a bit, but very unlikely. Darnitall! I'm heading to the train station tomorrow. If it's just as cheap to travel this friday as it is next monday, I'll come.

Let me know how much the difference is. :smile:

Is the plan getting anymore concrete? I don't know if I'll get there for 12pm, but I should be there by 3 or 4 at the latest, but probs earlier. I'm thinking of crashing in north london the night before or something, so I can head up nice and fast come monday, who knows! Looking forward to it!

Jayseven! Come, you know you want to! COME! I'll even buy you a pint, and I don't do that often!

EDIT: Forgot to ask, inspired by my good friend Marcamillian and a once played game in spoons, can someone bring Jenga?

Aww, come on! It seems like everyone is slowly flaking on this meetup! I keep getting other offers for monday, but I'm trying to stick to this so we can have an awesome meetups time!

Is there an up to date list of people who have or have not confirmed? Could we get an edit into the title asking for people to confirm? I've seen a fair few say they're coming, then not, and now I'm all confused?

Finky, freakin' come. Fuck expectations, alright?

I'm ready to buy my monday ticket. Flinky, what time do you want to set out? If we meet at brighton station we'll change at Croydon, but if you come down to portslade we change at hayward's heath.

Leave portslade at 11:47, get to haywards heath at 12:09 and get the train at 12:18 that plants us at st albans at 13:39.

However, if we leave brighton at 11:49 we arrive at East Croydon at 12:23, then get the 12:32 that arrives at st albans at 13:24. I genuinely need to know if you guys are coming, because if you're not then it'll be easier for me to go via Hayward's heath. You have no excuse not to come. Seriously, it'll be fine. Nobody knows anyone. Do eeet! Who cares if you're shorter in real life. I'm... lots of things in real life that I'm not online.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!