N-Europe

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dante

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ By that, I was meaning that there's something about the gameplay that's putting me off slightly, just as it was when I was contemplating GoW that things about the gameplay were putting me off of getting it.

I personally I think the combat in Uncharted 2 is a lot better than Gears, despite their ostensible similarities.

Both are largely cover-based, but I far prefer the feel of controlling Nathan Drake over Marcus Fenix. With the latter it's more like I'm driving rather than controlling a bi-pedal person and the added freedoms of Uncharted — climbing scenery, shooting whilst hanging, sneaking up on dudes and breaking their necks, etcetera — leave me feeling that I always have options other than "cower behind this piece of cover until everything's dead". To me it's a bit like the difference between Halo and other first-person shooters, the real magic of Bungie's game being that you always have multiple means of attack — shoot, grenade, melee — instantly accessible at all times, allowing you to switch things up at a half-second's notice and take on the same situation's differently each time.

Blah, blah, blah. I know that was rather tangential but I'm pretty much just sat here waiting for tomorrow at this point.

Finished Uncharted 2, took me 9 hours 47 minutes on Easy. Defiantly longer than the first, I take back what I said before.

Amazed by the game, the polish to everything is unbelievable. Although looking back it's weird, Uncharted 2's single player is better than Drakes Fortune in every single way but I think I preferred the originals for some reason. Don't get me wrong 2 is amazing in every way and possibly my GOTY but I think I just preferred the setting of a Island over what places you visit in Among Thieves.

Anyways, co-op time!

Just finished the game on normal, completed it in 9 hours 53 so longer than the 8 hours I predicted earlier in the thread.

Loved nearly all of the game, my only complaint was the end boss battle

It just felt repetetive, running around in circles shooting the resin

Also did anyone catch the nod to the first game, in Napal I think when:

You have to turn the power back on to get Chloe out of the elevator and you mention something about the power being off and there had better not be any undead zombies around the corner

It was OK. As good as any other boss fight I suppose. It did get annoying the first few attempts, he was just making me his bitch. But once I figured a 'route', he was a pushover. He's gonna be nails on crushing though *shudders*

Luckily you'll prolly have unlimited ammo and slow-mo by then :grin::grin: