Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mayor of Batman sues Warner Bros

EEVILMURRAY

This is a bit silly but I suppose in their defense they did say that one of the reasons why they sued is because they can't use their town name in anything without Warner Bros. sniffing down their necks.

Plus, like 20th Century Fox, I hate Warner Bros.

1st: totally awesome there is actually a town called Batman, haha, I wouldn't be surprised if they found it ot the name cuz the town founders really liked DC Comics :heh:

2nd: They should embrace the connection and try use it to help tourism like recently the town of Obama in Japan.... There's also a town in the US that attracts tourism because according to Star Trek it will be the "future birth place of Captian Kirk" (can't remember the name of the town) :heh:

1st: totally awesome there is actually a town called Batman, haha, I wouldn't be surprised if they found it ot the name cuz the town founders really liked DC Comics :heh:

Looking at the Wiki article, I think the town is older than that, though the town didn't actually get that big until after the comics (I think they found oil or something there in the 40s). Perhaps the name means Batman, as in "an assistant to a general" or some other definition of the word. Actually, I think 70 some years is probably way to long to have waited to sue them, since copy-writes only last if they are defended.

Looking at the Wiki article, I think the town is older than that, though the town didn't actually get that big until after the comics (I think they found oil or something there in the 40s). Perhaps the name means Batman, as in "an assistant to a general" or some other definition of the word. Actually, I think 70 some years is probably way to long to have waited to sue them, since copy-writes only last if they are defended.

If you did look at the wiki article you'd see that 'batman' is short for "short for Batı Raman Mountains"

Wow that's very stupid. In fact Bob Kane Bill Finger could sue them(the town) as many of you know they created "the" bat-man In May 1939(first appearance) as where the town, was estd in 1955. Just seems to me like the mayor of said town, cant cope with the unsolved murders and a high female suicide.

But lets look at if from another point of view, say if this does end up in court, and the town wins, does the mayor think all the murders will get solved? does he think the suicide rate, is going to drop. I highly doubt it, if any thing I think its going to have the opposite effected, how will the towns folk cope with their town, been plastered all over the news, as you know. Ever news channel is going to be covering this, As it will be the biggest thing since slice bread.

But that's only if it ends up in court, which I highly doubt.

Mr. A