N-Europe

Internet Explorer 8

Kirkatronics

We all know and love internet explorer, no arguing!

Only time I've used it in the last four years is when I've been made to on public computers...

Its one thing to want to discuss IE8 in a "I know some people don't like it but lets discuss its benefits" way but to say everyone loves it is something else...

Only time I've used it in the last four years is when I've been made to on public computers...

Its one thing to want to discuss IE8 in a "I know some people don't like it but lets discuss its benefits" way but to say everyone loves it is something else...

It was a joke, i know most people deteste it.

How can you steal open source features?

That wasn't meant in its literal sense. I mean it uses the features from various opensource applications.

• 1 month later...

Internet Explorer officially sucks huge balls.

It pisses on PhotoBucket, rendering it less user friendly.

It fucks about with restrictions of letting you do things (like scripted things on here)

It generally fucks about (can't click on someones username, without clicking username, then clicking scroll bar, then back)

and

It interprets the Return button, when writing huge forum posts, as ; Find a random thread on this forum. And when you click back it doesn't save what you wrote, like it did previously.

Fuck this.

Is Mozilla the best alternative?

I never thought it'd happen since school and my parents have kind of indoctrinated me into the way of Internet Explorer, but I've moved to Google Chrome. It's much better in most ways, they even fixed the problem with it not allowing you to scroll up on a laptop touch pad. The only problem is, some sites don't load properly or some features don't work. It's minimal though, and it'll get fixed eventually I suppose.

I never thought it'd happen since school and my parents have kind of indoctrinated me into the way of Internet Explorer, but I've moved to Google Chrome. It's much better in most ways, they even fixed the problem with it not allowing you to scroll up on a laptop touch pad. The only problem is, some sites don't load properly or some features don't work. It's minimal though, and it'll get fixed eventually I suppose.

Please tell me Chrome isn't the only browser you've tried besides IE.

What are those three things you just exampled?

Tab mix plus maximises your use of tabs - I have it set so that most things open tabs (any search in the google box, anything I type in the address bar, any favourite/bookmark I open) as I prefer that to going back and forwards.

Snaplinks lets you draw a box with your right mouse button and any links in that box are opened as tabs (e.g. a load of forum threads).

Foxmarks is especially good for people who use the internet a lot on more than one computer (e.g. work & home). It synchronises your bookmarks/favourites. So, if you add a bookmark at work, the next time you open firefox at home that favourite from from work will appear in your list at home. Handy.

Please tell me Chrome isn't the only browser you've tried besides IE.

I've tried Firefox, which I don't really like (the add-ons along the top taskbar have just messed up my window), Opera is okay, Safari is kind of okay. Chrome is by far my favourite. Why would that be a problem anyway?

I've tried Firefox, which I don't really like (the add-ons along the top taskbar have just messed up my window), Opera is okay, Safari is kind of okay. Chrome is by far my favourite. Why would that be a problem anyway?

It's fine if you prefer Chrome, but I wouldn't suggest making a decision without weighing the other options, which you have. Also, the FF add-on should be removable, I don't have any extra toolbars myself for anything.

It's fine if you prefer Chrome, but I wouldn't suggest making a decision without weighing the other options, which you have. Also, the FF add-on should be removable, I don't have any extra toolbars myself for anything.

I moved some of the icons around and temporarily removed some, but since it's not actually as customisable and wonderful as everyone claims, I couldn't get it the way I wanted it and found no way to remove everything and restore it to how it was before. The add-ons are useful but extremely fiddly.

I moved some of the icons around and temporarily removed some, but since it's not actually as customisable and wonderful as everyone claims, I couldn't get it the way I wanted it and found no way to remove everything and restore it to how it was before. The add-ons are useful but extremely fiddly.

Ah, I'd also like to be able to remove the browser UI for short periods of time, how did you do it in the end?