Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

You make some good points, but Madworld doesn't exactly strike me as a title that fit into the "everygreen" category - it just doesn't have the mass market appeal to achieve such a status.

You're right, and I highly doubt that it will have legs in the same way that Mario Kart Wii and the like does. But the signs so far are good. It's too early to say exactly how long it's going to carry on selling, but the fact is that it's maintaining its momentum, staying in the top 10 Wii chart every week since release. Sure, a price cut may have something to do with that, but it certainly hasn't dropped off into nothingness like some cynics would probably lead us to believe.

Believe it's to do with the new twist to Punch Out! on the Wii that we don't know about yet. It's definitely about Punch Out! that's for sure as they're showing an exclusive new trailer so I'm guessing Reggie is there to talk about the new stuff going to be shown in it.

Guest Captain Falcon
Believe it's to do with the new twist to Punch Out! on the Wii that we don't know about yet. It's definitely about Punch Out! that's for sure as they're showing an exclusive new trailer so I'm guessing Reggie is there to talk about the new stuff going to be shown in it.

I hope the twist is that unlike Wii sports boxing, it's actually fun.

Big reveal in the next issue of ONM, or at least until it leaks onto the net :)

ONM hyping exclusive for next issue

Neil [Long, Editor] is currently in another country looking at our exclusive game for issue 43… what could it be? It’s not Ninjabread Man 2 by the way - official ONM Twitter

So…we have a Nintendo Power teaser that looks like it will shed light on Red Steel 2. Now we have an ONM teaser for a game as well. Could this end up being one in the same?

GoNintendo

I hope the twist is that unlike Wii sports boxing, it's actually fun.

I must be the only person in the world who actually enjoyed WiiBoxing? I never had any huge problems controlling it, but maybe I did get used to the game so learned how it worked?

That said, most people just punched like fools or too randomly when I saw them play. Thank God it's only a game and not the real thing, or else they'd be knocked out in the first 5 seconds.

OR ELSE YOU WILL DIIIE.

WiiWare Sales of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Double with New Wii Storage Solution

Telltale CEO: "This is a major step forward for episodic gaming."

SAN RAFAEL, April 9, 2009 – Telltale has announced that WiiWare™ sales of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, the first monthly episodic series on a console, have more than doubled since Nintendo's new storage solution was unveiled at the Game Developer's Conference in March. The Strong Bad series began releasing episodically on WiiWare in August 2008.

"Nintendo's new solution really opens the door for players to add to their collection of downloadable games, which is critical for a series with multiple installments," says Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "This is a major step forward for episodic gaming. We're looking forward to even greater success on WiiWare with Strong Bad, as well as other projects."

Like a TV series, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is best enjoyed when the full five episode "season" is played in its entirety. Nintendo's new option to play WiiWare games directly from high-density SD cards gives customers a convenient way to enjoy this full-season experience.

Starring Strong Bad, the self-proclaimed "coolest person ever," and the rest of the characters from the popular Homestarrunner.com website, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is a series of comedy games that play like interactive cartoons. Each episode features a unique storyline penned by series creators Mike and Matt Chapman and the writers of Telltale's award-winning Sam & Max series. Arcade-style mini games, achievements, and the ability to email Wii™ friends from Strong Bad's laptop complete the experience.

The Strong Bad games can be downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel for 1,000 points each. For more information on Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People on WiiWare, visit http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad/wiiware. The series is also available for PC from Telltale's website.

Telltale's episodic offerings are expanding to Xbox LIVE® Arcade this spring with Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures.

Glad to hear this

That's good news, I've put it up on the site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one caught my eye at GoNintendo

It's a Wii horror title that is being helmed by Ju-On director Shimizu Takashi. There are some conflicting reports that it's a game based on the 1999 Ju-On movie, and that it's a new horror game called "Feel". I imagine it is just based on the film and also happens to have a different name. No developer or publisher known at this point.

Scannies:

95042_feel1_122_542lo.jpg95051_feel2_122_96lo.jpg

Heres the summary of the GTTV interview with Reggie.

- at E3, we may find out a release date for The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

- When Geoff brings up the idea of a Mario WiiWare title, Reggie seems to think that a project like that might not be the best idea:wtf:

- Giga Mac announced for Punch-Out. This is a character that is available in 2-player Vs. mode. It seems like a power-up that builds as you trade blows. Once activated, Mac becomes a larger, more brutish version of himself.

- Reggie admires Microsoft’s online features

- Reggie says it’s hard for him to say something nice about PS3

- Reggie says that all of GameTrailers fans will love E3

Ive highlighted that point because it doesnt make any sense to me. Why the hell wouldnt a Mario Wiiware title not work? Also the comments about the online setup of the 360 are surprising. If you admire them then how about you ditch the FC system and give us a decent friendlist system!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Perhaps it's something that they're considering for the next gen of consoles. I'm sure he's not the only one at Nintendo who admires the setup and really, XBL is the standard by which console gaming is now criticised. So I would be surprised to see them trying to incorporate features from XBL into their next setup to streamline it a bit.

People should watch it.

The message with no Mario WiiWare was basically that they want to make a Mario game the best and most innovative it could possibly be. It's difficult to acheive that with the limitations of WiiWare, so we'll likely see Mario games staying on Wii/DS.

He was kind of cornered into saying something nice about the competitors. He said XBL was the best thing MS have brought to the table (and reasonably so), and that Nintendo look at that set-up and think how they can better that (presumably in a 'Nintendo' sort of way...)

He did say it was hard to say good things about PS3, but he also said straight after that Sony have managed to get some great content on there, but looking at the results, they've got some challenges again.

People should watch it.

The message with no Mario WiiWare was basically that they want to make a Mario game the best and most innovative it could possibly be. It's difficult to acheive that with the limitations of WiiWare, so we'll likely see Mario games staying on Wii/DS.

His attitude towards WiiWare stinks. Is he saying that Nintendo lacks the innovation to make a decent Mario game within the constraints of WiiWare? That's the point of the service, to encourage creativity and innovation in bitesize portions.