Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Makes you realise that sound can be just as important as picture quality.

This is something i've advocated for years. Few- very few- people seem to agree.

The vast majority of gamers have spent hundreds on new consoles without considering improvements to sound (which is far more immersive than visuals). I don't know a single person with either a PS3 or 360 who are utilising Prologic- let alone DD5.1, which these consoles are capable of.

Get your act together, 'hardcore'.

I've had my Wii hooked up to my surround sound system a few times. Together with the 50" Plasma, its a pretty good experience. Since I can't have it hooked up their all the time unfortunately, I hooked up my dad's old amp and good quality speakers (that haven't been in use since we got the surround system) downstairs to my Wii. After that I ended up hooking up a few other speakers to get a 5.0 surround system. Unfortunately I don't have a spare subwoofer lying around. And the amp doesn't have a spot to hook one up anyway.

I have to say, the more I think about it, the more I believe that the Wii is an under-rated console.

So far, I have played some amazing games.

Super Mario Galaxy

Zelda: TP

ExciteTruck

RE:4 Wii Edition

ExciteTruck

All those being good favourites.

Recently I've picked up or been given:

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

No More Heroes

There's more games, and altogether I've got about 15 I think.

Zelda

Monkey Ball

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Fifa08

Super Mario Galaxy

Wii Play

ExciteTruck

Mario Smash Football

RE: 4 Wii Edition

Guitar Hero 3

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Disaster: Day of Crisis

No More Heroes

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

May be one or two I've missed.

I've YET to play or pick up:

Eledees

Metroid Prime 3

Zack and Wiki

Dewy's Adventure

Batallion Wars II

Mario Kart Wii

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Wii Music

Animal Crossing

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

and about a dozen others. Wii Fit Included.

There's a lot of great, great games there if people look for them. I think there's much better quality games than there was for the Gamecube at this time in it's lifetime.

people just don't understand Wii. They see WiiSports and WiiFit and the plethora of casual junk available and judge the whole library - i've seen it from gamers i've previously respected the opinions of. They simply forget that Wii is home to the widest, most varied library of quality titles.

Definitely pick up Dewy's Adventure. It's £9.99 pre-owned in Gamestation and it's brilliant. I bought after xmas and it's really good fun. Very cutesy graphics wise but everything looks nice. I really recommend it to anyone looking to try something a little different.

People i know dismiss the Wii as a toy or think it's beneath them because they are '' hardcore gamers '' I'm just glad i'm not blinkered coz beneath the shovelware & the kiddy image there are some cracking games allready out on the Wii with some more on the way in the next few months.

I'm at my Dads for the weekend and he got a Wii for the kids. I've had a go on a few games. Wii Sports has lost the charm it used to have.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 is actually quite good (in multiplayer, anyway).

Wii Music. Is it me, or is it the hardest music game in existance (if you want to sound remotely like the song you're playing)? How could Nintendo screw up this much?

Wii Music. Is it me, or is it the hardest music game in existance (if you want to sound remotely like the song you're playing)? How could Nintendo screw up this much?

Try hitting the minus button, you'll get a Guitar Hero-like metronome up.

Both require different skill sets. A real musician will most likely be good at both since both skills are really required to actually play a real instrument.

I'm planning on buying GH:WT for the Wii once I can find it. Are the Wii GH:WT instruments compatible with the Wii version of Rock Band 2? I'm thinking I might pick that up at some point too if they are.

I looked it up, For the Wii version, WT instruments work with RB2, RB2 instruments don't work with WT. For every other version, everything works with everything pretty much. The reason is, Nintendo have a rule that all peripherals besides microphones must connect through the Wii remote rather than through USB. Harmonix didn't follow this rule and made the RB instruments work through USB, but Red Octane did listen and used the remote.

As funny as this is, it's still annoying :heh:
It's got so annoying now that you have to laugh!

Stuwii, surely the manual tells you simple things like how many files you can have open!

And as Shadow' was saying, why not just try creating a new manager mode file and see if you can or not!

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen29628_next-grand-theft-auto-in-2009.html

^ Interesting if it's true. Would support rumours of GTA on the Wii coming out and it is a spin-off rather than the next one in the series from the small snippit the representative gave. Still, it's still rumour like GTA coming to the Wii so I guess we'll have to wait and see if anything comes from it.