NEurope

I had that all through Skyward Sword, @Jamba. You'd think it was a hardware issue, but I never encountered it during Wii Sports Resort or Red Steel 2 (admittedly, I hardly played them, whereas I spent 40-50 hours on Zelda). Happened so many times I just got used to unplugging the Nunchuk and plugging it back in again, although I can see how it'd be extremely frustrating during a mini-game.

I had that all through Skyward Sword, @Jamba. You'd think it was a hardware issue, but I never encountered it during Wii Sports Resort or Red Steel 2 (admittedly, I hardly played them, whereas I spent 40-50 hours on Zelda). Happened so many times I just got used to unplugging the Nunchuk and plugging it back in again, although I can see how it'd be extremely frustrating during a mini-game.

I'd love it if I could just take it out and plug it back in again but that does nothing for me. In fact if I reboot the Wii when it does it, it completely freaks the pointer on the controller out and I can't use the Wii Menu until I unplug the WM+.

If I boot up Zelda with the WM+ attached but not the nunchuck, it detects that it's missing and confirms when I plug it in. But then when I load up my save I still can't move and if I unplug the nunchuck mid-play it doesn't detect that it's missing. WTF?!

I'm wondering if there's a power distribution issue, which would explain a few things. I would think that it's 1 wire within the connectors that become unstuck as that would cause the inconsistency (account for heat expanding parts etc) whilst still allowing for the hardware to be detected.

EDIT: Right so no visible signs of connection wear from the inside. However I did a bit more testing and I can get this repeating 100% on the Wii Menu.

1) Turn on Wii with Wii remote and no add-ons.

2) Attach WM+. Pointer still working fine.

3) Attach Nunchuck. Pointer disappears.

4) Pointer will not come back unless controller is rebooted without nunchuck attached.

The other thing I found was that the pointer momentarily disappears when the nunchuck is detected when plugging it into the remote (without WM+). It seems that I can unbreak the wiimote if I plug the nunchuck in directly and the pointer will re-appear. However at no point now can I have all 3 devices plug in together!

So... the nunchuck through the WM+ is making the software in the remote crash? Goody....

Edited by Jamba

Sounds very weird. I know you're looking for a new wiimote with plus inside, but have you tried contacting Nintendo? Even with my gold wiimote I felt it went out of sync at the best of times(or, the worst of times :p), I kept wondering if it could be a faulty wiimote then didn't know how I'd even know!

It's very easy to find yourself needing to re-center the pointer in Skyward Sword because Nintendo decided that every time you use a secondary weapon or look in 1st person that it would re-center (usually whilst you are turning) which usually leads to it being totally out of wack.

Sending my WM+ to Nintendo. Thought that them fixing or replacing it is likely to be cheaper than a new one. Guess we will find out!

It's very easy to find yourself needing to re-center the pointer in Skyward Sword because Nintendo decided that every time you use a secondary weapon or look in 1st person that it would re-center (usually whilst you are turning) which usually leads to it being totally out of wack.

It's also very easy to avoid having to, as you can just point to a comfortable center position before you change weapons/start aiming/enter first person view.

The only case where that is impossible, is changing the dowsing targets in first person mode... :heh:

Good luck with the WM+!

It's also very easy to avoid having to, as you can just point to a comfortable center position before you change weapons/start aiming/enter first person view.

The only case where that is impossible, is changing the dowsing targets in first person mode... :heh:

Good luck with the WM+!

Oh yeah you can avoid it but only by interrupting the flow of the gameplay mid battle. I want to be able to slap someone with one weapon, slot the guy above him with a projectile weapon and finish the first with my sword without having to worry about recentering.

Thats the reason why I think it's an odd design choice.

Hmm, the MotionPlus stuff seemed to work fine for me. I bought the built-in one with the golden Zelda wiimote, and I do think that has something to do with it. It feels lighter and more user friendly, too.

I bought Endless Ocean a few days ago and decided to give it a go yesterday. Beautiful game and very different to what I usually go for. It does feel very relaxing and soothing. I've never played Pokemon Snap but I've been told that this is very similar to it.

I bought Endless Ocean a few days ago and decided to give it a go yesterday. Beautiful game and very different to what I usually go for. It does feel very relaxing and soothing. I've never played Pokemon Snap but I've been told that this is very similar to it.

It's such a unique experience and a great way to chill out. I remember the last time I played it, I was full of cold and just kicked back and played it all day. :) I never played the sequel though...

btw, Pokemon Snap is not relaxing and soothing. Maybe it would be if you were in control.

btw, Pokemon Snap is not relaxing and soothing. Maybe it would be if you were in control.

Indeed. Messing with your speed as you lob apples and repel balls all over the joint trying to get the Pokémon in the exact spot for maximum points can be fairly intense.

This will keep F-Zero fans happy.

Shigeru Miyamoto has told us he would like to make a new Legend Of Zelda game "based on, or starting from" SNES classic A Link To The Past.

Last year Nintendo's most respected developer told us that Link's 1991 outing, which he produced, would be his first choice for a 3DS remake. Speaking to us in Paris yesterday, we asked if that was still the case - and while he said it was, it seems he's been thinking about a new game in the same style, rather than a remake.

"I think the answer would be the same if we're talking about just porting," he said, "but I think I'd be even more interested in creating something new maybe based on, or starting from, A Link To The Past. I think it's important to bring some really new software."

Miyamoto, however, is far less hands-on at Nintendo these days. He famously said last year that he was taking a back seat, and mentoring the next generation of Nintendo developers. Were Nintendo to make a spiritual sequel to A Link To The Past, it wouldn't be with him at the helm - and he admits this could mean his vision being compromised.

"To be very honest and open, it really depends on the directors that have time at the moment as well," he said. "Some directors, I can give them the title and I know they will do something great with it.

"Other directors I'm not so 100 per cent confident [in], so they're the ones I'd rather take a more remake approach to the title. It really depends on that as well."

Miyamoto wouldn't be drawn on his favourite among the current crop of Nintendo directors, but he reserved special praise for one in particular: Koichi Kawamoto, who developed the concept demo that birthed the WarioWare series, and more recently created 3DS's StreetPass Quest. Miyamoto says Kawamoto is "a very strong figure [who] will play a very important role in the future."

In closing, we couldn't resist asking about one Nintendo series that is conspicuous by its absence from the company's release schedules. It is so frequently criticised for leaning on its established franchises, and the 3DS has played host to 3D remakes of classic Nintendo games. Where, then, is F-Zero?

"I think at the time it was a really big surprise, a new thing, a product that made sense," he said. "I don't see with current hardware how you could create a similar surprise.

"But maybe with future hardware, with Wii U coming up, maybe we could create something that does make sense, either as a smaller game, or a fully fledged title."

Good luck with the WM+!

So I got an email from Nintendo today. To fix my WMP would cost.... (drumroll)

:shakehead £29.99!!!! :shakehead

And with that information I went here:

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496890629

So for less money (including delivery) I got a nice controller with the WM+ built in. No more bulky controller :D

So for less money (including delivery) I got a nice controller with the WM+ built in. No more bulky controller :D

At least you'll also be able to use it with the WiiU. ;)

I also replaced my two vanilla Wiimotes and Motion+ addons (in working condition though :heh:) sometime before Skyward Sword was released. Didn't get much money out of them on ebay...

At least you'll also be able to use it with the WiiU. ;)

I also replaced my two vanilla Wiimotes and Motion+ addons (in working condition though :heh:) sometime before Skyward Sword was released. Didn't get much money out of them on ebay...

My thoughts exactly :-)

Guess we'll be finding out in June if I should be keeping my normal remotes.

Has aynone seen these, funny, yet interesting pieces of fanart for a 'futuristic' Zelda game.

Pretty post-apocalyptic if you'd ask this humble writer.

http://nintendoeverything.com/87572/futuristic-zelda-fan-art/

This is the first piece of work:

zelda_echoes_of_the_future_fan_art-1.jpg

Hehe, I can only imagine a trailer at E3 which starts in a Majora's Mask-epicly-HD kind of style, but only short thereafter they show gunswords and Link with one of those 'shields':laughing:

Would probably pull a Windwaker and be a damn fine game.

I bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 from The Hut in their Nintendo Day sale for £13.45 (70% off + 10% discount code).

Today I got an email saying they'd cancelled my order due to a pricing error. :hmm:

I think its is more better then other.

Whaaaa'? Listen Mr. Allen, the Wii's dead and so should this thread. You may aswell just post in the here and now thread well, kind of in the Wiiu discussion thread. Why would you even want to visit this thread, Mark? Why???

Hey can somebody block this thread please? No - chuck it in the retro gaming section! :angry:

I'm going to start the beast that is Xenoblade tomorrow.

I've put it off until I know I've got enough time to play through it, enjoy it and finish the damn thing. I hear it is long.

This will keep F-Zero fans happy.

Where, then, is F-Zero?

"I think at the time it was a really big surprise, a new thing, a product that made sense," he said. "I don't see with current hardware how you could create a similar surprise.

"But maybe with future hardware, with Wii U coming up, maybe we could create something that does make sense, either as a smaller game, or a fully fledged title."

So F-Zero is relegated to being a Nintendo Land attraction then...

So F-Zero is relegated to being a Nintendo Land attraction then...

Groan... You're right, it does fit the quote.

Seriously what is Nintendo's problem with releasing it's racing franchises? (Excitebike, Wave Race, 1080 and F-Zero)

No idea what the issue is. Surely it can't be a lack of dev teams, they got tons of first and 2nd party devs that could handle it.

A new 1080 and Wave Race would be awesome and would probably be atrractive to the so called "hardcore" gamer, especially those that might like SSX..... though hopefully 1080 stays in its real world style and still be awesome without resorting to SSX style

I'm going to start the beast that is Xenoblade tomorrow.

I've put it off until I know I've got enough time to play through it, enjoy it and finish the damn thing. I hear it is long.

You will be awe struck, enjoy

No idea what the issue is. Surely it can't be a lack of dev teams, they got tons of first and 2nd party devs that could handle it.

A new 1080 and Wave Race would be awesome and would probably be atrractive to the so called "hardcore" gamer, especially those that might like SSX..... though hopefully 1080 stays in its real world style and still be awesome without resorting to SSX style

You will be awe struck, enjoy

Not sure I'll have time today...didn't know Andy Murray was playing today. He had his game yesterday, so thought it would've been off til tomorrow.