NEurope

Will there be livestreams to the speech of RetroStudios and Iwata's Keynote speech?

Will there be livestreams to the speech of RetroStudios and Iwata's Keynote speech?

I hope so but I think it will onley be Live Blogs.

I hope so but I think it will onley be Live Blogs.

I hope not man. I wanna hear Iwata-Sama's voice, raw Japanese dub and Dutch subtitles :D

Nintendos Twitter:

@NintendoAmerica Nintendo of America

Can’t join us at #GDC? Watch Mr. Iwata’s "Video Games Turn 25" keynote via LIVE webcast tomorrow @ (9.00am PST, 12.00pm EST, 5.00pm GMT, 6.00pm CET). Stay tuned for the link!

(9.00am PST, 12.00pm EST, 5.00pm GMT, 6.00pm CET)

Alright, so add another ten hours on to work out my timezone an...NO!

Alright, so add another ten hours on to work out my timezone an...NO!

Pussy...

Call yourself a Nintendo fan :)

This has been completely off my radar. But now you guys keep banging on about I'm all of a sudden mildly excited for a big announcement... Is one expected or just the usual MEGATON?!! And retro? Why are they talking? Any specific or again, expected game announcement? Metroid Prime Trilogy 3DS?!

Pussy...

Call yourself a Nintendo fan :)

This has been completely off my radar. But now you guys keep banging on about I'm all of a sudden mildly excited for a big announcement... Is one expected or just the usual MEGATON?!! And retro? Why are they talking? Any specific or again, expected game announcement? Metroid Prime Trilogy 3DS?!

Nobody knows, but get your ass in the N-Europe chat when MEGATONZ (a.k.a. Iwata's Keynote Speech) goes down.

http://www.n-europe.com/special.php?sid=chat

It'll be bigging up the 3DS; hopefully we'll have a Zelda double-whammy with Ocarina and Skyward Sword dates.

I would like to see:

Metroid Dread (3DS)

F-Zero 3DS

Skyward Sword video, screenshots + release date

Ocarina of Time release date

What I expect:

Super Mario 3DS

It will be nice to watch anyway. Normally I'm at work, but this year I can follow it!

I'm looking forward to the announcement of Iwata Asks: The Game where you play as Iwata and must interview the developers. Each interview must include a certain number of (laughs) otherwise you will fail the interview.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of Iwata Asks: The Game where you play as Iwata and must interview the developers. Each interview must include a certain number of (laughs) otherwise you will fail the interview.

That reminds me; GANEPARK32, please post that awesome 'comic' again of which you used a still as your avater: peace:

It was you, wasn't it?

Want

Metroid 25th Anniversary Collection for 3DS annoucement

or Pikmin 3 reveal

or Super Mario 3DS reveal

or Super Wii info

or OOT3DS release date

Expecting

None of the above

Skyward Sword trailer

Edited by or else you will DIE

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed something new for the Wii just to remind us it's alive.

otherwise just the usual Zelda info.

:blush: ..................... :D

Conduit 3DS

That reminds me; GANEPARK32, please post that awesome 'comic' again of which you used a still as your avater: peace:

It was you, wasn't it?

Don't remember having any comic as my avatar. Perhaps you're thinking of D_Prodigy's avatar that had a picture of one of the people Iwata was interviewing with "I Did" or something underneath?

-----------------------

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything big. The speech is about 25 years of gaming and two Nintendo franchises hit that mark this year, Zelda and Metroid. Given how Other M went down, I think Metroid will be in the dark for a couple of years until Nintendo realise Retro Studios really are the perfect studio to carry that series forward.

So that leaves Zelda and with OoT and Skyward Sword coming this year (you'd hope anyway. It is Nintendo afterall so I wouldn't be surprised at another Skyward Sword delay), I'd at least expect some new footage of the latter game with a tentative release date of around Autumn. I expect that'll happen at least as I'm hoping Nintendo will have plenty to show off at E3 again and some will be new IPs (potentially Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) so they'll want to give as much limelight to them as possible.

Given how Other M went down, I think Metroid will be in the dark for a couple of years until Nintendo realise Retro Studios really are the perfect studio to carry that series forward.

fenree.gif

I can't seem to get the stream working. Moaning about Flash Player 10 even though i've already installed it. Woop.

I can't seem to get the stream working. Moaning about Flash Player 10 even though i've already installed it. Woop.

There was a new flash update recently, try installing that?

Metroid. Given how Other M went down, I think Metroid will be in the dark for a couple of years until Nintendo realise Retro Studios really are the perfect studio to carry that series forward.

Do you mean sales wise?

Playing Shantae: Risky's Revenge on DSi W0are just clarified to me how Nintendo could make the perfect Metroid. It has to be fully 2D and made with sprites, it really does - they're just so nice to look at. I wouldn't even mind if it had to be 3DS Ware (rather than a retail product), I'm confident full 2D would be the best way.

As much as I enjoyed Other M, I wouldn't really mind if Retro were put back onto console Metroids. Yes, I found Other M more fun than Prime, but I'd still rate it below the 2D ones. That way, we could have 1st-person perfection for those that love it, and 2D perfection for those of us who love that. Other M was a game I think most could enjoy, but was it good enough to be many people's favourite? I liked it, but couldn't really give it a 9 or 10/10. I just think console games in general take themselves too seriously, with all the cutscenes and all.

About GDC... this was the first one I've watched live. Is it just me, or was Iwata a bit ominous when he was talking about "Industry Concerns"? I thought Nintendo were going to fold or something!

Do you mean sales wise?

Yeah, sales wise. Nintendo no doubt hoped for much better with Other M and it hasn't done what they'd expected.

I do, personally, think that Retro Studios are the right developer for the franchise. Maybe people don't want more first person Metroid but you can't deny their quality in almost every aspect (apart from the dreadful multiplayer but we'll ignore that :wink:) and Retro clearly have an eye for making the games. I doubt we'll see them pick it up fully again but I do think that's where it should go. Even though I did really enjoy Other M, the Prime games are just on a completely different level.