NEurope

Anyone found out if there will be a live stream for the event? What time does it start for us people in the UK?

I was after a time... But I wasn't clear enough...

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/jonathan-ross-to-host-wednesdays-3ds-event/

To save you having to work it out, the presentation will take place at 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET, 9:00 EST, 6:00 PST and 1:00 EDT.

That article says there won't be any live streams, but expect live blog updates.

Edited by or else you will DIE

Wait, this starts early Wednesday in Europe, yis? That means killer_kirby and myself may actually be able to watch it. Whoa.

I've been playing New Super Mario Bros Wii for the past hour. Haven't touched it since finisihing it almost a year ago. I really had cravings to play it today, so I did. Enjoying it. I needed a 2D Mario fix.

I've been playing New Super Mario Bros Wii for the past hour. Haven't touched it since finisihing it almost a year ago. I really had cravings to play it today, so I did. Enjoying it. I needed a 2D Mario fix.

Playing it from the start or finding coins we didn't get first time?

I have a question for people, not sure I should post it in here or anything but will give it a shot.

I don't really get to play my Wii much as it's connected to the tv in the living room, the one my family always uses. Now I'm wanting to put the Wii in my room, but since I don't have a tv I want to connect it to my computer monitor (which is not being used anyway). But now I don't know exactly what kind of connector thing I need to connect my Wii to the screen.

Anyone have any idea? And any clue where I can find the cheapest option? =)

I'm not sure where you can find the cheapest, or best, option as I haven't used one myself but you need a VGA cable :smile:

I don't think an official one was released so your best bet is to probably check Amazon, ebay or something similar. You'll probably be looking at having to pay at least £10 for one, though..

Are there different types of VGA cables, or are they all the same and will any one of them fit on my screen? I only noticed one port on my monitor to connect things to, so want to make sure I get the right one heh.

And I guess £10 or more is still better than having to pay I don't know how much for a tv in my room. =)

The honest answer to that is.. I don't know :hmm: I would assume that you just need to take a look at the lead that connects your PC to your monitor and find a VGA cable with the same connection. I would anticipate that they'll all be basically the same, but I'm sure someone on here would know better than me..

I love GDC, as they often unveil a big handheld game. I suppose it'd be a bit much to expect Metroid Dread or Zelda 3DS this year though, wouldn't it? :heh:

Just having a look over at the site and I think Saturo Iwata's company profile pic might need updating.

His talk is on 25 years of Videogames and the blurb mentions about the magic that has been lost in the games creation process. If he's to offer his views on how it's evolved and how it should progress, you'd expect him to demonstrate something new that illustrates his point. Announcing a new Zelda would make OoT3D look like even more of a stop-gap so I doubt he'd do that.

If anything, I'd have my money on a new proper Mario game for the 3DS because it would seem more relevant to the topic of 25 years of games, given the celebration last year for Mario's 25th. This is them announcing how to start the next quarter century with the man who kicked off the last one.

In other GDC news, my uni lecturers are presenting a session at GDC this year on "Identifying Talent in Turbulent Times"... I wonder if that means I'll get a week off :p

Edited by Captain Falcon

If anything, I'd have my money on a new proper Mario game for the 3DS because it would seem more relevant to the topic of 25 years of games, given the celebration last year for Mario's 25th. This is them announcing how to start the next quarter century with the man who kicked off the last one.

Yeah, I think you've got it there. A Mario platformer is the one, glaring omission from the 3DS' line-up.

Its the 25th anniversary of Zelda & Metroid and the 15th anniversary for Pokemon. :)

Its the 25th anniversary of Zelda & Metroid and the 15th anniversary for Pokemon. :)

That is true, but I'd expect them to get any kind of anniversary celebrations out the way with for those games before announcing a new ones. There is a new Zelda due on the Wii and the 3DS game so why detract focus from them.

And I don't think they care enough about Metroid to make a fuss - especially after weaker than expected sales of Other M. Metroid may be part of the "big 3" but it's popularity is dwarfed by the other two and some Nintendo's other franchises. I think the only reason Metroid gets the attention it's due is because Nintendo of America - the Prime games were made over there and it seems like a game that should appeal to typical western gamers.

Announcing a new Pokemon game on the cusp of the Western release of Black/White and outside of Japan too... well I'd eat my helmet. Not that I think you were getting at that - you were just throwing it in for reference.

25th Anni for Kid Icarus too so maybe they'll announce a new one of them... :)

But you're right, they do have lots of games they could take about how the development process have changed over the years, but if they are to announce one game, as Grazza says, the one really missing from the 3DS lineup is a Mario one.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Question: Why the sudden focus on Kirby?

Kirby: Epic Yarn

Kirby of the Stars

and then there's that new Kirby game for the DS

All in 1 year!

I guess they mistook him for this guy.

thfalcon_2.gif

an easy mistake to make.

Edited by Fused King

Question: Why the sudden focus on Kirby?

This is a very good question. I wish Nintendo would release something interesting instead. I've never been a fan of the Kirby games. :blank:

I, for one, welcome the newfound focus on the pinkpuffball-marshmallow-thing :grin:

I've never been a fan of the Kirby games. :blank:

What Kirby games have you played? Dream Land 2&3 feel different to Kirby Super Star and the GBA games. Not to mention Power Paintbrush and Epic Yarn, which could be different franchises altogether.

I've only played Dream Land 3 and The Amazing Mirror, but they both felt to me like the Starfy games: decent, but really dull. It's the same vibe I'm getting from Epic Yarn. The graphics look great, but the gameplay looks so very, very boring.

Oh, well. Can't like every game, I guess. Though I do wish Nintendo would cater more to my tastes. :heh:

3 Mario games, 2 Kirby games, 1 DKC game. Too many platformers...

Nintendo has some great franchises in other genres. I hope they will resurrect F-Zero (racing) and Pikmin (strategy) for Wii at E3.

I've only played Dream Land 3 and The Amazing Mirror, but they both felt to me like the Starfy games: decent, but really dull. It's the same vibe I'm getting from Epic Yarn. The graphics look great, but the gameplay looks so very, very boring.

Both games series tend to be pretty easy, so I normally find them quite relaxing.

3 Mario games, 2 Kirby games, 1 DKC game. Too many platformers...

This thought fleeted across my mind last E3 when they showed DKC Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn. It was one thing to "bring back" the 2D platformer with NSMB on DS then give us Wario Land on the Wii but it might start to become a bit overkill. Plus, its like they are saying the Wii is only good for 2D side scrollers. :p