NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Yeah but it didn't seem like a glitch. As soon as I went over the crossing that weird noise sounded (it was at night) and then I looked at the sky it have inverted. It's called the drowned devils crossing... Just seems a bit too planned if you ask me, it's not like a conventional glitch that Ive seen in some videos.

where abouts on the map is it? will have to try it out some time, you've intrigued me.

Does anyone here have 'Fallout 3: Game of the year edition'?

I'd really appreciate if someone would lend me it, i will pay for the postage.

I would second that, except you'd send it here first because I'm better than Warand.

Next time I play, I'll go there and take a look. I've got the explorers perk, so I shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

Just came across the place tonight without really thinking about it, nothing happened again. I'm tempted to ask Bethesda about it. (It's west of Paradise Falls if you want to check it out)

Just had one of those awesome sessions on Fallout. You know the ones, they have everything in them and last for ages. What a fucking game. So enjoyable 'finding' all those bobbleheads, have 14 now, plus I've got the skill book perk for double pointage.

There's just so many cool items like the books and bobbleheads in the wastes and it's really satisfying when you see one because they are so small and tucked away in such a massive world. I'm hoping to get the platinum on this, the only thing concerning me currently is the reaching level 8/14/20 with different karma. I'm praying I'll be able to find some save files on the internet that are ready for me to get those trophies, if not then that'll be bloody irritating, especially with the problem of having already got some of these trophies before the patch.

It's just so good though, the amount of content and references and little things you can do is staggering. The Fallout Wikia is astoundingly comprehensive. I wish I could convince more friends to try it out, I have a few that enjoy it and there's always a discussion to have about it.

Chris_k_96 seems to be the expert from this forum. Got any advice for the Weaponsmith and silver-tongued devil trophies? They seem annoying.

Has anyone here found the 'Alien Blaster'?

I got it on my first play through, just got a weird radio signal and found it.

I started with Point Lookout today. The enemies are actually hard, they seem just like ordinary raiders, with redneck weapons, but they can take about as many bullets as super mutants. After that, I think I'll start looking for more bobble heads.

Has anyone here found the 'Alien Blaster'?

I got it on my first play through, just got a weird radio signal and found it.

My first Alien Baster (same thing, but it has a different name) fell out of the sky after a UFO exploded.

This Fallout plan hasn't worked out too well. Doesn't matter greatly, but I used the GotY disc, played a few minutes on my latest save and eventually the messages came up telling me about the locations and quests of the DLC. So I then put in the normal disc and tried to load up the save but it said something about some objects not being there, which I assume is the DLC. When you look under the 'downloads' section nothing appears there unlike the GotY which obviously has them all listed

Is there a way to get round this? The extra DLC stuff appears in my game data utility, but I was wondering if there is a way to install it on the disc or something so that I can just play it on my normal copy and then sell on the GotY edition.

Edit: just searched the error code message I got 'this save relies on content that is no longer present' and it might be due to the fact that my current fallout 3 save was made on a different system. I sent it for a refurb recently, so that may be it. Still confusing though.

Edited by dwarf

I think you actually need to have the GOTY edition to use the DLC that comes from the GOTY edition, just to prevent sharing and such.

With the GotY version do you have to install the addons? Or do you just access them like normal missions as you play?

I'll give you my account: Basically I put the GotY edition in, it booted up a bit slower than normal, then I could see that it listed the DLC packs in the download section. So then you enter the game and after a couple of minutes 'Alert!' boxes appear giving you a brief description of the quest and location of the DLC. So I guess you just go there and initiate the quest and it takes you to wherever.

(Quests appear in the quest section and map markers are added to the map)

That sounds like the content stays on the disc and isn't transferred to the HDD.

Well it's on the HDD (in game data utility on PS3) you just can't access it from the normal game disc.

For obvious reasons.

Is it actually all on the HDD though? Has someone verified the file size?

DLC is confirmed at 4310 mb. With that + 6701mb for actual game that's a hell of a lot. 11 gig! I think something's wrong there.

Hefty size, but they are the best gigabytes on the system.

Just completed Operation Anchorage, thoroughly enjoyable.

Love the Gauss Rifle, was glad to see it in the armory at the end. Thought the last boss part could have been better, especially with some pretty cool enemies up to that point, like the tank for example, but still, was fun sniping

Finally obtained every bobble head. :) Also managed to pass the speech check one through a speech check glitch, which is bloody handy because it is very difficult. 'All' I have to do now for the platinum is hack 7 more terminals, finish the last quest, which will be piss, and then get the different levelling trophies (reach level x with x karma).

The Broken Steel add-on has made exploring a lot harder, the Albino rad-scorpions are so god damn plentiful, and don't even get me started with the quantity of overlords... They both take unbelievable amounts of lead.

When is the new Fallout game due out, is it this year ?

You mean New Vegas? I think it was tentatively dated for 2010, but there hasn't been any information about it other than Obsidian is working on it, that's all we have to go off of.

You mean New Vegas? I think it was tentatively dated for 2010, but there hasn't been any information about it other than Obsidian is working on it, that's all we have to go off of.

Cheers, late 2011 then.

There was a rumor a while back that it was launching around the end of Q2.

I hope it's a hell of a lot different from Fallout 3. Obviously they have to keep stuff from the series, they should indeed keep some of the stuff from 3, but if it's first person and still has VATS then it just won't be different enough in my view.