NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Yeah a few months back I went back to the game and set about just exploring the areas I hadn't seen...and still not maxed out my level...something or other else came out so I stopped might start doing it again and then finally download the DLC..

By the way where does broken steel pick up from. I am literally at the very end before you embark on the final assault

with the big robot

so I've just left all of them lot waiting for me to say lets go...is that alright does it just alter the ending?

I think Oblivion's map is bigger than Fallout's. F3's world isn't as big as it seems after you've become a little familiar with it.

And yes, navigating downtown DC through the tube tunnels is a low point of the game for me too. I would have prefered if there weren't so many dead ends that make you go back into to the tube.

But seeing the Washington Monument all the way from Tenpenny Tower's balcony (these structures are on almost completely opposite sides of the map, for those of you who don't know) through a sniper scope makes up for any faults the game might have. :)

Yeah a few months back I went back to the game and set about just exploring the areas I hadn't seen...and still not maxed out my level...something or other else came out so I stopped might start doing it again and then finally download the DLC..

By the way where does broken steel pick up from. I am literally at the very end before you embark on the final assault

with the big robot

so I've just left all of them lot waiting for me to say lets go...is that alright does it just alter the ending?

Yup, it picks up from there. You'll get a cutscene when you finish that mission - normally, that's where the game ends minus Broken Steel. For you, it'll continue on.

Okay, so I've decided to start a new game on this (after completing the main story on my other one quickly).

What's the best order to download all the DLC in?

Okay, so I've decided to start a new game on this (after completing the main story on my other one quickly).

What's the best order to download all the DLC in?

People say Broken Steel first because that carries on the story and ups the level cap...

But I guess if you playing from a new file it doesn't make much difference.

I would say broken steel also, just coz that brings in the level cap increase. I missed out on loads of XP coz broken steel was the third releashed on 360 so all the XP i got before that with the first 2 DLC were for nothing as i was already level 20. :(

Speaking of this i got back into playing this yesterday. Completed the Point Lookout DLC now and have bought and started playing Mothership Zeta!

Awesome, Broken Steel it is. Cheers guys.

I spent around 5 hours today just having fun on it.

Got out of the vault and did something that I never did on my last play-through and completion: Just explored.

Around 5 hours worth of play in just a tiny area.

So much fun.

I actually only started this up again because I had lent my copy of Oblivion to a mate.

But I'm glad.

It's been out a year today, right?

It's been out a year today, right?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure it came out on the 31st October.

Completed Mothership Zeta yesterday, must say another enjoyable DLC!

... I only just found out that your Dad in the game is voiced by Liam Neeson. It seems so obvious now...

I want to get the DLC, but the combined points price means I may as well buy the GOTY edition

... I only just found out that your Dad in the game is voiced by Liam Neeson. It seems so obvious now...

I want to get the DLC, but the combined points price means I may as well buy the GOTY edition

Yeah I remember recognizing the voice but not being able to place it for a while.

Do standard Fallout 3 saves work with GOTY edition?

Omg! I knew i recognised that voice from somewhere!

Cool

Uh, it's really like, £10 cheaper to buy the GoTY edition?

I'll be buying that this week then.

That means I'll own the Collectors Edition, Limited Edition which a friend gave me and the GoTY edition...

All I need to do is track down the American Pipboy 3000 and I am an official fanboy.

Uh, it's really like, £10 cheaper to buy the GoTY edition?

I'll be buying that this week then.

That means I'll own the Collectors Edition, Limited Edition which a friend gave me and the GoTY edition...

All I need to do is track down the American Pipboy 3000 and I am an official fanboy.

Incidentally ever played the original games?

I haven't no.

Just to point out: I didn't actually mean that I was an official fanboy or anything.

It's just funny that I got the bobble head edition (because he looked cute), got given the power armour figure version (for doing someone's coursework for them) and now will end up getting the GoTY edition to save money on the DLC.

Incidentally ever played the original games?

^This

The originals are better, so if you want to be a fanboy you should play them as well.

Although....you don't want to be a fanboy of Fallout. They have a very rabid fanbase, most of which went batshit crazy when bethesda took over Fallout 3. They denounced it immediately as Oblivion with guns.

Do standard Fallout 3 saves work with GOTY edition?

According to the manual they do.

In Canada, buying the GotY Edition and selling your old copy is the best way to get the DLC. They're still selling the original version for $60 - $70, (so probably has a decent trade in value still), and the GotY Edition is $70, so for about $50 worth of DLC, it seems a no brainer. I'm not sure what the original game's going for in the UK though.

I wish I never put the fanboy thing.

I might get round to playing the originals one day.

But honestly, I don't care about the originals, the story behind them and "world".

Fallout 3 is just an awesome Bethesda game.

I haven't no.

Just to point out: I didn't actually mean that I was an official fanboy or anything.

It's just funny that I got the bobble head edition (because he looked cute), got given the power armour figure version (for doing someone's coursework for them) and now will end up getting the GoTY edition to save money on the DLC.

I know I wasn't having a pop I was just asking, based on the fact you seemed to own so many copies wondered if were an old school fanboy...but obviously not so nevermind!

^This

The originals are better, so if you want to be a fanboy you should play them as well.

Although....you don't want to be a fanboy of Fallout. They have a very rabid fanbase, most of which went batshit crazy when bethesda took over Fallout 3. They denounced it immediately as Oblivion with guns.

See I played the original and did love it and it shares alot with the originals in tone, humour and even plot...Just of course its a total reimagining from a gameplay prospective.

According to the manual they do.

In Canada, buying the GotY Edition and selling your old copy is the best way to get the DLC. They're still selling the original version for $60 - $70, (so probably has a decent trade in value still), and the GotY Edition is $70, so for about $50 worth of DLC, it seems a no brainer. I'm not sure what the original game's going for in the UK though.

You can buy it for £15 preowned so not gonna get a lot for it...

I wish I never put the fanboy thing.

I might get round to playing the originals one day.

But honestly, I don't care about the originals, the story behind them and "world".

Fallout 3 is just an awesome Bethesda game.

The originals are worth a play certainly and you will see the similarites...

Ah okay, that's cool.

So, semi-spoiler if you've never played it.

But... er, it's at the start and why are you looking at this thread: So!

I stumbled across Springfield highschool, right near the start at Vault 101.

I cleared it out, went into the mines where they were digging and... that was it.

I read on the computer in the school that they were digging towards a vault; can you actually get to this vault?

A friend asked me about that after recently buying it (I kinda forced them to) as well and I couldn't answer because I don't remember seeing that myself.

A friend asked me about that after recently buying it (I kinda forced them to) as well and I couldn't answer because I don't remember seeing that myself.

I 2 appeared to have missed that! This game is that huge there is prob a fair amount of stuff i have missed out on and i did a fair amount of off quest exploring!

Maybe... but it is quite a fair way away.

I'm not too sure.

I might have a look on some wikis for it.

Nice avatar Shorty.

Don't you think... they were probably digging to vault 101?

that was my conclusion.

i really think it was alot about the game when people who have clocked up full days (in my case, around a week) of actual play time and STILL find new things to supprise them.