NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

WOW! you totally understood what I asked, didn't you?

¬______________¬

You asked how much the DLC on Disc would cost wondering if it would be cheaper to buy those and the game, or wait on the GOTYE or get the game and the DLC as DLC instead of Disc. I quoted the prices of the DLC and GOTYE you can do the math yourself as to which option is cheapest.

Ah OK. Was it Broken Steel that got very good reviews across the board?

I haven't finished Broken Steel yet, but it seems to be the best one so far, followed by The Pitt, then Operation Anchorage. I personally thought they were all great, but some people weren't too keen on Operation Anchorage.

Although at the beginning of Broken Steel it gives you a "yay!" moment quickly followed by a "Oh God no!" moment.

Poor Liberty Prime

I'm going to revisit Fallout 3 this afternoon. I completed the game just 25 hours after stumbling across the ending lol! There was that much else out at the time that I lost motivation for it. But now with the DLC (which I have managed to stay spoiler free, as I didn't care seem as it wasn't PS3 bound) coming to PS3 I feel like I'm going to go out and explore and get some of the side quests done and continue to level up so I'm all maxed out. Did consider starting again but thats a massive investment so not going to do that!

Yeah I'm hoping to re-complete most of the side quests and find some more bobble-headage and get my evil side to level 20. Then I'll get Broken Steel and raise it to 30 and hope for some cool new weapons and perks.

Perks really make the game I think.

You asked how much the DLC on Disc would cost wondering if it would be cheaper to buy those and the game, or wait on the GOTYE or get the game and the DLC as DLC instead of Disc. I quoted the prices of the DLC and GOTYE you can do the math yourself as to which option is cheapest.
The quote you posted doesn't say how much the 'expansion pack' discs would cost. I'm assuming they won't be sold in stores with msp price tags.

I was thinking, how awesome would Fallou co-op be? If they managed to throw a few more enemies into the mix and offer coop that would be brilliant. I guess VATS wouldn't work that well unless you took it in turns to be able to use it, but that would be fun!

Oh and I'm doing my evil run, have blown up Megaton, but I have forgotten where to go. The main quest points me to Arefu on the map but I don't see what there is to do there...

Forgot how great this game is. Just been pottering round exploring. The save I have carried on from is literally before you set off with the Brotherhood of Steel for the final mission. So all I have to do is sidequests. Currently set off for one of the vaults to find an instrument for an old lady, but as usual got distracted by discovering other locations a long the way...

Yeah the thing is when I got to Tenpenny I detonated it and then shot Mr Burke and the other nobhead for some xp lol. So I don't know quite where I'm headed.

Yeah the thing is when I got to Tenpenny I detonated it and then shot Mr Burke and the other nobhead for some xp lol. So I don't know quite where I'm headed.

beauty of the game, you head where ever you like!

Yeah I've gone all over the place, you can't help getting distracted like Flameboy said. Thing is I want to be able to continue the main quest for a bit.

Yeah I've gone all over the place, you can't help getting distracted like Flameboy said. Thing is I want to be able to continue the main quest for a bit.

Be careful though otherwise you'll complete it faster than expected like I did first time round.

Yeah I have completed it already! This is my second run-through I'm just not sure where I'm meant to go. I think it makes sense to go to Galaxy News Radio again right?

Should show you on the map where to go.

Completed main story in Broken Steel and it adds more quests for even more playability. Love this game.

Yeah that was part of the main plot...I'm still playing on my first save, not got the time to start from scratch but still want to do more, guess its ok though as I know where the last mission is so any other missions I can just do.

Yeah I know but I think it's not working or something because whatever quest I choose it still points to Arefu. If I deselect all of them and choose the main quest it points to Arefu, and if I select 1 or 2 other side quests it leads me the right place.

I don't think there is a certain path if you detonate the bomb in Megaton and then shoot Burke and the other guy...

Is there anything worth finding in Vault Tec Headquarters? It's an optional quest to find the location of Vault 92, but its already marked on my map, so I don't really need to be here as I already know the location (miles away!)

Well, screw it, I decided to get all the available DLC after all. Like I said, I had nothing else to spend my Microsoft points on. Plus I couldn't be bothered to wait for the disc versions. :heh:

I've also decided to start the game again, as I want to experience it in full, I'm going to be an evil bastard this time though. Anyone got any tips on how to get negative karma, besides nuking Megaton (which I'm doing a tad later because I need to do some other quests from there first)?

Also...

...is it possible to continue the "Wasteland Survival Guide" quest after nuking megaton? I know that Moria Brown turns up in Underworld as a Ghoul, but does she still want the research (if you can even call it that

:heh:)?

...is it possible to continue the "Wasteland Survival Guide" quest after nuking megaton? I know that Moria Brown turns up in Underworld as a Ghoul, but does she still want the research (if you can even call it that

:heh:)?

I think so. Just make sure you start the Survival Guide quest first.

"Should you choose to destroy Megaton while this quest is active (The Power of the Atom), this quest will not be affected at all as Moira will survive as a ghoul and continue to give quest updates as normal. She can be found at the ruins initially, but moves to Underworld after a conversation with her, or if enough time passes, she will eventually move herself. While she is supposed to survive the blast, it is possible for her to die anyway. This may occur while she is hanging out by Megaton after the blast because she is killed by Raiders or while on her way to the Underworld. Either way, when the Vault 101 player approaches Megaton a message will appear saying "Moira Brown has been killed and the Wasteland Survival Guide will never be written." At the same time a Quest message will appear announcing that you've failed the quest."

Well I went back to Megaton ruins after blowing it up and she went back safely I think because I did a couple of things (like finding medicine and food in SuperDuper Mart) and it said I had to return to Moira.

She has a really annoying voice and I enjoyed killing her after she wasn't needed. In style of course, with a nuke.

'Good hunting!'

'I'll enjoy this!'

*explosion*

best way to get nagative karma is to lie and threaten. also, random acts of murder are always good, just do em in a smaller settlement, having the whole of megaton after you isnt nice.

im doing a neutral run right now, but some quests make me gain karma and theres nothing i can do. had to nuke a trade caravan with the fat man, the fucking cow survived!

Managed to worm my way back onto the main quest. Weird, because after I blew up Megaton (and subsequently killed Burke) the main mission pointed me to Arefu. However with a bit of expert use of Google images I was able to pinpoint Galaxy News Radio and figured out the root in. I knew I was in the right sort of area when you have to open that gate which lets the ghouls attack you.

So yeah, got to GNR and then the following in his footsteps quest was complete and everything is fine now. What a fine game it is.

Thanks for the tips people! I'm going to be trying all those options out!! ^^

Man those fecking Super Mutant Overlords are everywhere and waaaay too powerful. They must have more health than anything else in the game. I don't mind the odd encounter but I was exploring the DC ruins and must have come across about 5 Overlords out of 9 mutants. They just. Won't. Die! Is there anyway to take out the Mutants once and for all after Broken Steel? I told Elder Lyons about where they were held up thinking it would lead to a massive purge on the Vault and nothing happened...I was really expecting a side quest.

Edited by ViPeR

Been whiling away the hours with this...approaching the 40 hour mark and now Level 18 and full of good karma with my good mate Fawkes... Spent time doing the odd quest but also looting all the rest of the vaults...love how they all have their far share of problems each varied and different.