NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

I expect it to be like Fallout 3 in terms of the way everything works, but more in the style of the first few games, as the developer is made of mostly people who worked on the original games this time around.

I doubt it'd be much different from Fallout 3 to be honest, just new settings, storylines and a few tweaks here and there.

I doubt it'd be much different from Fallout 3 to be honest, just new settings, storylines and a few tweaks here and there.

I probably lied when I said

but if it's first person and still has VATS then it just won't be different enough in my view.

because it's flippin Fallout. Game of the generation, I'm pretty sure I will want more when it hits the shops and I see others playing it.

It might be loads different though.

Depends.

This kind of move is interesting, most companies who would do something like this would say, "stick with the winning formulae and let's make a profit".

But Bethesda aren't most companies and they have just handed it to the games Daddy.

So...

Who knows...

I'm expecting it to be played like Fallout 3, but the writing and plot and quests to be leagues beyond what Bethesda manages. If anyone here's played number 2, they outta remember Little Reno, which had lots of intertwining quests from the different families of power in the city. I wouldn't be surprised if New Vegas is like Little Reno.

i might be totaly wrong here, but i seem to rember the origonal developers held onto the rights of developing a fallout bassed mmo. not saying thats exactly whats going to happen, but its a possibility.

OK so I've enjoyed completing both Anchorage and Steel add-ons, so I thought I'd delve into The Pitt. Managed to get into the city, and bam, frame-rate completely craps out, making it almost impossible to play. Decided to quit the game, anybody have the same issue?

OK so I've enjoyed completing both Anchorage and Steel add-ons, so I thought I'd delve into The Pitt. Managed to get into the city, and bam, frame-rate completely craps out, making it almost impossible to play. Decided to quit the game, anybody have the same issue?

While I haven't played Mothership Zeta yet, Point Lookout has been the only addon, besides Broken Steel (which is a bit of a different case) that has had a steady frame-rate. Everything has been playable though.

It's OK. I reloaded it and it has improved a lot. Still stuttery in scripted sections but I can put up with it. You sort of learn to if you play Fallout 3.

I only got the game recently so haven't had a chance to get the dlc. But I'm 5 hours into the game, and I've faced super mutants and raiders in my search for megaton. Also I've been chased by some Mercs. If I knew megaton was just around the corner from vault 101, I probably would be liking this game a lot more.

It is. Ideally you wouldn't have seen a mutant before Megaton. You probably haven't got used to the interface - if you get your pip boy up, shift the display to the data section and look at the world map, you will be able to see where Megaton is. Also, on your HUD, in the bottom-left corner is your health, just beneath that is a compass/radar, keep turning the camera until you see an icon that looks like a house/arrow appear in the middle of that radar. Then just move forward towards it.

If you can't find that icon on your map or your compass/radar thing on the HUD, go onto your pip boy and select the quest under the quests section, the map marker will then appear.

If you can't find that icon on your map or your compass/radar thing on the HUD, go onto your pip boy and select the quest under the quests section, the map marker will then appear.

It took me absolutely ages to notice the odd shaped arrow thing on the compass in the bottom left. I spent ages trying to navigate the city ruins without it until I realised.

In the end I read through the instruction manual and had many "ooooooohhhhh that's what it does" moments. Eventually I managed to quick travel back to vault 101 from where I had managed to run to, but then there were some mercenaries waiting for me.

Made it to megaton but not yet sure what to do apart from maybe screw myself over by blowing it up.

Make sure you get the bobble-heads before blowing it up. You can alternatively disarm the bomb, and get a free house in Megaton, rather than a suite at ten-penny towers though.

A good starting point would be to talk to the woman who runs the local general store, and help her write her survival book.

Make sure you get the bobble-heads before blowing it up. You can alternatively disarm the bomb, and get a free house in Megaton, rather than a suite at ten-penny towers though.

A good starting point would be to talk to the woman who runs the local general store, and help her write her survival book.

This. Except wear earplugs because her voice is just plain annoying and she talks to you like you're 5.

True. I'm just glad she's the only character that talks like that, they re-used the voices for so many other characters...

Anyways, I never did finish that quest, I'm debating wether or not I should kill her once I do.

Haha - I remember refusing to fast-travel anywhere when I started. Easily why I racked up 20 hours before setting foot in DC. The upsidedown triangles on the compass sorta confused me for ages - I thought they were pointing to specific secrets or people rather than general areas.

Remember that if you find yourself struggling to kill enemies or running out of ammo a lot then you can switch down the difficulty without affecting the story or your achievement chances. Sure, you'll get a little less EXP for kills, but due to the cap it's not a big deal.

After wednesday I've got lots of spare time, and am looking forward to a couple of all-night sessions with teh DLC, maybe even start from scratch to get the alternate Karma achievements then go to the DLC from there.

I'm glad others despise Moira Brown. On my good play-through I traded everything with her due to convenience, but every time as you have finished trading and go to leave the conversation she'd shout 'Good Hunting' in possibly the shittest manner to grace the planet.

There's a lot of things in Fallout 3 that you learn too late, I should've suggested reading the manual because it clears a lot of things up that just aren't mentioned. Be careful with some bobbleheads, they're definitely worth collecting and 3 of them are impossible to obtain if you miss them so I'd suggest you look them up.

The 3 that he's talking about by the way are:

1)

There's one in Vault 101 which you can get the day you write the GOAT. Its on your father's desk, However, there is another chance to get it:

You return to vault 101 to answer a distress signal, you can nab it then

2)

There's one in Lucas Simms' (The Sherif of Megaton) house. You have to get it before you blow up megaton.

3)

There's one in the office of the 2nd in command of the enclave. You must get it before you go to speak with the president

I missed no 3, it's the only one i missed. I completed the game & most DLC before i looked at a guide & realised i'd have to start again to get it.

I missed no 3, it's the only one i missed. I completed the game & most DLC before i looked at a guide & realised i'd have to start again to get it.

Did you?

I wouldn't have been arsed to do all of that traipsing again. I can't even be arsed to get the final two level 8 karma trophies, and that's for the platinum. Will make sure to do so after I've finished all the DLC.

On a game like Fallout 3 you should have multiple save files anyway, cause it's such a buggy game (like Oblivion before it). That way, when you finally read the guide, you'd have a save somewhere before that Enclave final part and not have to begin from scratch.

Always keep multiple save files. And I don't mean 2 or 3 files, I kept something like 16-17 save files while I was playing Fallout 3. A friend of mine kept all saves he ever did, he completed the game with something like 160 saves. That's overkill, IMO, but always keep at least 15-20 files. That way you can even try branching the game, like do all the available choices in a given quest and get the most out of the game.

Yeah I always have around 30 saves, occasionally delete the unnecessary. I create a new file when I think I'll be pissed off if I had to start from my previous one just in case a bug appears.

I don't think I have enough saves. Although, in general I don't save enough, I just sort of get lost in playing the game and forget about that. Although, that's come back to haunt me a few times.