NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Is this going to be priced like a normal game?

It's around £40 over at Play (360 and PS3). Which is roughly the same as all the DLC packs.

I was thinking of buying Fallout 3 as soon as I get a PS3, but I think I'll wait for this to come out instead. The standard game is still $70 here, so I doubt this will be much more than that anyway.

Any PS3 owners pick up Broken Steel? I havn't, they have totally missed the boat on this one its almost a year since this game out (31st October last year) They've finally released it just as we start to get the ball rolling with the madness that is Q4, they should have got it together and hit the original dates planned...

I got it. Not had time to play it though. Too many brilliant HD films to watch (watching terminator now) and then my addiction to everything Aion.

http://kotaku.com/5360741/free-fallout-3-premium-360-theme-for-dlc-fans

Apparently you're supposed to get a redeem code on your e-mail or something for it, if you've purchased all the 5 DLC add-ons before Sept. 22nd.

I've bought every DLC, but I can't seem to have received the code.

Anyone else got it/haven't got it yet? xP

I'm starting to think it's an american-only type thing :(

I got two, I gave my second one away. They should have emailed it to the address connected to your live account.

I'll be picking up the GotY Edition tonight. Fallout 3 seems like almost the perfect game for me, I can't wait to get started with it.

I'll be picking up the GotY Edition tonight. Fallout 3 seems like almost the perfect game for me, I can't wait to get started with it.

ENJOY! It's a cracking game...some time soon I will finish off maxing out my character and then buy the DLC. There are a ton of adverts for this doing the rounds on TV hopefully it draws in a new group of fans.

It's a Masterpiece. I haven't played any of the DLC, just the main game and it's THE best game I've played this gen and one of the best of my life, alongside such greats as Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime. Man, I miss the Wasteland, I have to return there one of these days. The feeling you get whilst slowly walking the Wasteland is unbelievable... if you are that kind of player, ie, not in a hurry. Just stop in the middle of nowhere and look around you, hearing the wind sadly blowing and that melancholic mood music. Better than Oblivion in that regard.

I tend to start out games like this in a hurry, but once the game has reached the point where its fully started, I start to admire the details like that. Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get out last night, I'll probably go tonight instead.

This game didn't fully start for me until about 17-20 hours of gameplay. Really, it took me that long to fully get into it. I liked it from the start, but at the begining your character is still too weak, you'll have to run from most confrontations and you won't know the world that well. After some hours, you'll have a stronger character, you'll know a bit more of your surroundings and you'll also know some characters better.

Just don't rush the main quest, as if you do that, like in Oblivion, the game can be pretty short and also your character won't be at full level up. Explore and do side quests. All in all, Fallout 3 took me about 85 hours of gameplay. And it's full of amazing details... that you can miss entirely.

I think the beginning is actually the best part of the game. Feeling vulnerable and getting the odd kill is a triumph with progression really feeling like you've achieved something. Once you're powerful you lose that, but gain the bad-ass status which is very fun also.

It feels more story driven at the start, being part of communities and the like. Understanding you can go pretty much anywhere you want to after you've realised you've become fairly powerful is very liberating. Exploring is just so good!

That actually sounds like the perfect balance for a game. More realistic that way if anything.

Edited by Emasher

Not like Metroid at all, very few things in that summary would relate to Prime or the 2D games.

I think it is like it in the perspective that enemies you face for the first time in the begining of the game are a challenge and may kill you and later on, once you've leveled up (I consider you level up in Metroid) they are cannon fodder. In Fallout 3, with sufficient level and a combat shotgun with high Small Guns and Repair skills, most enemies are cannon fodder.

The side quest Those, for example, is practically impossible to complete at the begining of the game, and that's when you'll most likely come across it. But you have to leave it aside and go do other things and come back many hours later and it'll be a walk in the park.

The bit I'm loving the most so far is that I'm going around exploring, and sort of ignoring the main quest, and, it feels like I'm still playing the main quest.

Surprising amount of emotion ran through me when I loaded this after a fair amount of time not having played it. Forgot the controls, and the mental map I had of DC has since eroded, so basically I got a great boost of nostalgia even though it's been just months without experiencing the game. Can't wait for that time when the gap has been years worth.

Man it's great, so very very great.

I've forgotten how to counteract the negative effects on skills (the '-' signs), how do you get rid of them? Can't remember if it's only affected by overuse of drugs or not.

Surprising amount of emotion ran through me when I loaded this after a fair amount of time not having played it. Forgot the controls, and the mental map I had of DC has since eroded, so basically I got a great boost of nostalgia even though it's been just months without experiencing the game. Can't wait for that time when the gap has been years worth.

Man it's great, so very very great.

I've forgotten how to counteract the negative effects on skills (the '-' signs), how do you get rid of them? Can't remember if it's only affected by overuse of drugs or not.

drug addiction, crippled limbs, some armour, it all has an effect. check the effects of everything equipt.

I still can't get over how vast the world is. Not just in square kilometers, but if you consider things like all the mazes with the subway system and everything else, it seem almost impossible to discover the game. Yesterday, I decided I would finally go to the GNR building, so I "warped" to friendship heights, which is right beside it, and due to the way the maze of the urban parts of the game work, I still haven't reached it, but I've never been bored looking for it for a moment. I really don't see why so many people hate this game.

Well, when you have to go into the same dame subway another 6 times with nary a difference, it will get a bit tedious. Still fun, but those subways are a low point.

Well, when you have to go into the same dame subway another 6 times with nary a difference, it will get a bit tedious. Still fun, but those subways are a low point.

Yeah granted they are...they are effectively the games dungeons and if there wasn't so much other great stuff about the game think they would draw a lot more criticism than they do.

I agree. I absolutely adored this game for many game hours after finishing it and its expansions, but finally got bored due to the subways. Aside from that I reckon there's still at least 25% of the game I haven't seen. It's big on an unbelievable scale.

I think I've seen 25%.

Really want to get back into this game; just struggling with time.