NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Fuck dogmeat :P I sent him off to wait for me 'back home' after he died the second time. I could tell he would just be a burden. Still, I preferred the value he had compared to the dog in fable 2. I didn't give a shit when, at the end, it asked me to choose between the dog and those other options!

Dyson; I had 80 hours racked up :D Er... only after my first playthrough though, so not at 1k yet. At all.

Fuck dogmeat :P I sent him off to wait for me 'back home' after he died the second time. I could tell he would just be a burden. Still, I preferred the value he had compared to the dog in fable 2. I didn't give a shit when, at the end, it asked me to choose between the dog and those other options!

Likewise, I chose the 1 million gold so I could buy the big-ass mansion. Don't regret it at all! Dogmeat was useful for all of 5 minutes, he then proceeded to die, but his puppy is waiting for me at Vault 101. Don't think that's gonna change any time soon!

Dyson; I had 80 hours racked up :D Er... only after my first playthrough though, so not at 1k yet. At all.

Ah, see, I have cheated a little bit. Only done one playthrough though! I have the Broken Steel DLC and all the achievements for that, so I'm missing out about 150G from the main game - it's those stupid level karma achievements (40 from each level milestone, meaning 120) and the Vault Tec CEO (30) one because I didn't get the Energy Weapons Bobblehead in Raven Rock and I'm not going to do it again :heh:

Still a fantastic game, and will probably end up getting the new DLC when it comes out. Have held out on The Pitt and Anchorage, with any luck Lovefilm will send me the expansion disc with them on :heh:

I have about 70 hours and haven't actually beaten the game. I know my dad has beat it at least once and probably has well over 300 hours now. He's doing at least a second playthrough and he's level 18 or 19.

Bought Point Lookout today. It's pretty good. To be honest I don't need much of a reason to justify buying another chapter for this game. It's just awesome exploring new places, getting new weapons/quests etc. I'm enjoying it so far although the enemies seem to be pretty hardcore. I had to scale the difficulty back down to Normal just to stop dying. Nice difference in location too despite I haven't found much yet. The next DLC sounds a bit random though, boarding and investigating an Alien mothership :P

Fallout is awesome, however after playing it all along with Bioshock, I have to say that repeatedly picking up items and weapons etc gets quite tedious. OK it's not a requirement to go through every object in the room but I feel like I have to, it's a disease!

Point Lookout is out for the 360? Does it have new achievements?

FUCK BETHESDA;

We’re constantly reminded that games take time to make and the good ones can take even longer than we’d like. Downloadable content is no longer the exception to this rule. Earlier this afternoon, Bethesda Softworks announced that PlayStation 3 Fallout 3 DLC wouldn’t be arriving until late September.

In a posting on the official PlayStation blog, Bethesda production director Ashley Cheng said Bethesda is “knee deep in testing†and hope to “have the first DLC out by the end of September†as opposed to the June release we expected. “Keep in mind that not only do we need to test each DLC on PS3,†she continued, explaining the delay, “we also need to test each DLC when used in conjunction with each of the other DLC, as well as all of them together, along with the entire original game.â€

As for that first bit of DLC, it won’t be ‘Operation: Anchorage.’ In a move that makes total sense, Bethesda has opted to release ‘Broken Steel’ first. ‘Broken Steel’ expands the core game, allowing players to play after the original conclusion and continue exploring the Wasteland. 'Operation: Anchorage' is a good bit of content, but quite shallow in comparison.

“Once we release Broken Steel,†Cheng said, “we’ll have a better idea when the other DLC will be coming and will let you know specifics.â€

Delays blow, sure, but Bethesda is playing cautious and making sure everything plays nice with each other before dumping it all on PlayStation Network. Good for them. The last thing PS3 Fallout 3 players need is broken content.

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-fallout-3-dlc-delayed-until-september-139697.phtml

Means I sure as hell won't be buying it, September is when we will be in the midst of the carnage that is Q4 certainly won't be playing a game from last year when there is so much other stuff out round that time of year. Can't help but think they have well and truly missed the boat with this one.

FUCK BETHESDA;

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-fallout-3-dlc-delayed-until-september-139697.phtml

Means I sure as hell won't be buying it, September is when we will be in the midst of the carnage that is Q4 certainly won't be playing a game from last year when there is so much other stuff out round that time of year. Can't help but think they have well and truly missed the boat with this one.

TBH i have so much on atm, im annoyed, but can see the beneficial side of it. Plus, really, I don't actually plan on buying that much, if anymore games this year. Maybe the odd special one like Tekken, but really I shouldn't.

Ah man, I actually have loads of things to save up for so really, so I plan on spending my future cash on really cheap stuff like dlc. So yeah, I can wait.

hum, im glad we get broken steel fist, to raie the level cap. still, im impatient, i want to play now.

I couldn't care less about Fallout 3 right now, even though it's an outstanding game I don't feel the need to traipse around more levels in it for some reason. Probably because of the play time, but I'm still miffed that I didn't get any trophies for it because they were patched in afterwards.

I couldn't care less about Fallout 3 right now, even though it's an outstanding game I don't feel the need to traipse around more levels in it for some reason. Probably because of the play time, but I'm still miffed that I didn't get any trophies for it because they were patched in afterwards.

its pretty easy to get them again, i mean, ive played good, evil and neutral, each one was very different. i mean, when i was neutral, i just went and did good for leveling upo, got the trophies that way.

Well yeah I started a second account (evil) a month back but haven't felt the urge to get back to it. I can't anyway now seeing as the PS3 bricked.

AHAHA, they are delaying it to make sure it all works with each other. This is coming from Bethesda, who has always released buggy games, and in fact the DLC for this particular game cause all kinds of trouble on XBL/GFW.

Does anyone else see the irony.

I finally got Point Lookout. Does it remind anyone else of Oblivion (apart from the whole game engine, I mean)? The atmosphere reminds me of it for some reason.

2nd post (merged):

Completed Point Lookout. What was with the ending?

It was the most confusing thing ever. I had no idea who to side with, since I had no idea what each of their motives were. There was a holo-brain thing that wanted something or other and a guy who wanted to stop the holo-brain for no particular reason. I didn't seem to gain or lose Karma no matter who I sided with.

And what is the point in getting the lightbulb for the lighthouse? It seemed to achieve nothing. The lighthouse started working again, then nothing. No exp, no quest completed. Nothing.

Exploring the new map was a bit disappointing as well. It was just random crap in the middle of a swamp. To get anywhere, you needed to go through radiated water and when you did find something, it was usually nothing more than a shack or crashed vehicle, nothing to really explore.

The only good bit was:

The bit where you get trippy and everything goes all creepy and drug addled. That bit was awesome, especially the upside down bit. Plus your mothers skeleton on the table thing was dark. I actually stopped and stared at it for a bit, it creeped me out.

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone know when the DLC is coming to the PS3?

september now, starting with broken steel, which seems a wise decision. not sure if they will do it all at once or have a month between each though.

Believe they are still going with the whole 'one a month' thing in regards to the DLC on the PS3. At least that is how it was set out.

That no longer makes much sense when the GOTY edition with all the DLC included on the disk is released in October. I wouldn't be too surprised if the delay forces them to push one out each week.

hmm im wandering if i should grab the last 4 trophies before the DLC comes out cos i want a platinum trophy bad, but if i wait it wait it might make levelling to 20 easier for my neutral character.

Are you a descendant of Choze? Please say you aren't overly familiar to him!

He's actually played Killzone with us quite a few times. In fact, hes in the clan...

What makes u think he is a descendant of Choze?

What deathjam said, i remember him playing in alot of the games i was in!

This new dlc looks good. Still not got round to playing point lookout yet (bit hard at the mo considering im 360less)