N-Europe

Xpert Eleven Season 8: Villan still a loser

Mr_Odwin

Pleased with that win after the embarrising pre season friendly with Moogle.

Emos formation 4-2-4 wtf? rofl

Oddy is hitting some mighty impressive stats don't think anyone will touch him again still be good to get a top 4 finish. Actually nervous about my next to matches against the new guys they are both doing well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased with that win after the embarrising pre season friendly with Moogle.

Emos formation 4-2-4 wtf? rofl

Oddy is hitting some mighty impressive stats don't think anyone will touch him again still be good to get a top 4 finish. Actually nervous about my next to matches against the new guys they are both doing well.

Hey I won my first match with that formation. If you have the right tactics you can make it work.

Anyway Made of Win still staying true to the name. Forgot to bet on myself again. But no matter still got game.

I'm definitely going down this season. Especially if my players keep playing like trees.

Edit: Gah. I've lost the next match. There's only one formation that I can do without using players who don't want to play and have low form....and the damn thing won't let me. "You have chosen a formation that is not allowed!" WTF? One keeper, 10 other player. Since when did it actually matter what formation you used?

Edited by Cube

Gah. I've lost the next match. There's only one formation that I can do without using players who don't want to play and have low form....and the damn thing won't let me. "You have chosen a formation that is not allowed!" WTF? One keeper, 10 other player. Since when did it actually matter what formation you used?

That is kind of how for my first match I ended up with the 4-2-4 formation, as it was the only formation it would let me do. To find a decent valid formation just hit up the tactics page and pick one from there.

I'm definitely going down this season. Especially if my players keep playing like trees.

Edit: Gah. I've lost the next match. There's only one formation that I can do without using players who don't want to play and have low form....and the damn thing won't let me. "You have chosen a formation that is not allowed!" WTF? One keeper, 10 other player. Since when did it actually matter what formation you used?

Since it would be somewhat silly if you could have, say, 7 forwards :indeed: Here are the acceptible lineups...

4-5-1 (4 defenders, 5 midfielders, 1 attacker)

4-4-2 (4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 2 attackers)

4-3-3 (4 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 attackers)

4-2-4 (4 defenders, 2 midfielders, 4 attackers)

5-4-1 (5 defenders, 4 midfielders, 1 attacker)

5-3-2 (5 defenders, 3 midfielders, 2 attackers)

5-2-3 (5 defenders, 2 midfielders, 3 attackers)

3-5-2 (3 defenders, 5 midfielders, 2 attackers)

3-4-3 (3 defenders, 4 midfielders, 3 attackers)

It's an unfair formation. 4 forwards would be too much even for 4 defenders. I don't think it's even allowed in real-life football (I've never seen it used, so it's likely.)

Do you have any players with the 'all-round' skill? They can be used to play out of their default position.

It's an unfair formation. 4 forwards would be too much even for 4 defenders. I don't think it's even allowed in real-life football.

Do you have any players with the 'all-round' skill? They can be used to play out of their default position.

I've sorted out another formation. It's just odd that 4-2-4 is allowed but not 3-3-4.

I've sorted out another formation. It's just odd that 4-2-4 is allowed but not 3-3-4.

How the fuck did I forget that 4-2-4 is allowed despite what I just said? :woops:

I don't know why 3-3-4 is prohibited, then. But I'll reiterate that I've never seen it in real-life football. ::shrug:

Speaking of formation, where can I change it? I thought it was on the tactics page but I can't seem to find it.

You do that on the Player Squad page. Just choose the number of defenders, midfielders and forwards you want. The formation selection on the tactics page is just for defending purposes, it seems.

Made of Win cheated.

Someone has to break your drawing streak, if anything you should be honoured to lose to such a brilliantly managed team. There was no way we were going to lose on our home ground.

You do that on the Player Squad page. Just choose the number of defenders, midfielders and forwards you want. The formation selection on the tactics page is just for defending purposes, it seems.

Yeah, its quite a bit of guess work but if you select the right formation to defend against your opponent is less likely to score(I believe there is some overlap).

I just use it as a guide when setting up my own team formation to see what is legal. I think the last minute change from 4-2-4 is what saved the day for me.

A great game today, but my heart fears Dyson. Loving the matchday X11 today.

1a69ed30271620.gif

A team roster is a good idea. I'll put up everyone that I think:

Haden United - Haden

Dysonism F.C - Dyson

Complete Domstercool - Domstercool

Emo Blades - jayseven

Happenstance FC - Happenstance

O3 FC - Mr_Odwin

AFC ReZs Rabies - ReZourceman

Roostophe Rovers - The Villan

Team Cubed - Cube

Moogles Vipers - Moogleviper

The Sixty-Fourthers - gaggle64

Made of win - Ten10

Shore Tea Utd. - Shorty

Secret United - Charlie

Tin Can Club - Mundi

Nautical Nuns - Paj Meen Ah

The Wednesday - GothicPlague

Essex Elite - Ellmeister

Party at Richters - EEVILMURRAY

Drunk Cripples - LazyBoy

Recall United - Jimbob

MadDog United - MadDog

Let me know if any of these are wrong!

Edited by Mr_Odwin

3-0 victory away from home against Cube? Bring it on. I suspect my next match against jayseven may end up with a surprise victor - I have this funny feeling he's my dark horse.

Also damn you newbies for finally getting in to the Xpert Pools! I've tried to get the others in to it before but nobody else has and as such it's been my private source of extra income. 400k per match to be precise! Still - competition is more interesting. And stakes are higher! Woot!

A great game today, but my heart fears Dyson. Loving the matchday X11 today.

1a69ed30271620.gif

A team roster is a good idea. I'll put up everyone that I think:

Haden United - Haden

Dysonism F.C - Dyson

Complete Domstercool - Domstercool

Emo Blades - jayseven

Happenstance FC - Happenstance

O3 FC - Mr_Odwin

AFC ReZs Rabies - ReZourceman

Roostophe Rovers - The Villan

Team Cubed - Cube

Moogles Vipers - Moogleviper

The Sixty-Fourthers - gaggle64

Made of win - Ten10

Shore Tea Utd. - Shorty

Secret United - Charlie

Tin Can Club - Mundi

Nautical Nuns - Paj Meen Ah

The Wednesday - GothicPlague

Essex Elite - Ellmeister

Party at Richters - EEVILMURRAY

Drunk Cripples - LazyBoy

Recall United - Jimbob

MadDog United - MadDog

Let me know if any of these are wrong!

My midfield special duo surrounded by a sea of blue! Still was sweet to get manager of the week day whatever lol. I wonder how that is worked out.

I love that on match days there are always some culls.

"Gah, this player played a three" *sacks*

We should have a massive week of the pools where everyone goes on it - bigger pot and all that.

Haha! Just noticed Noa Brusling played a 17 in the lower league. Unreal.

Edited by Mr_Odwin