Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

"New Play Control" Games!

Hero-of-Time

well It's still a very good game.. just ... strangely enough didn't feel as fresh as the remake if that makes sense.. the item drop system was just painful for me and the character switching although well implanted loading wise got confusing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - for the time RE was amazing, and is still a great game today. However, after playng RE4 with the over the shoulder camera I actually find it really hard to play the old ones.

I think RE0 was a great game, it just came out when the old RE control was really getting too old and people were sick of it. Gamers wanted more tan just a new story and new puzzles - they wanted the series to be revamped.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased Pikmin from GAME today - it came to £6.99 after using my £10 gift card, £10 in GAME points and my student discount to bring down the price. I haven't had chance to play it yet, but I did make sure I flipped the cover before doing anything else. :heh: Nice art on the disc.

MGS Twin Snakes might be a good'un with this range.

Ooo, good idea. I'd love to be able to play it without forking out the ridiculous prices eBay sellers are demanding. That's also why I'm so pleased with the Chibi-Robo Wiimake.

Ooo, good idea. I'd love to be able to play it without forking out the ridiculous prices eBay sellers are demanding. That's also why I'm so pleased with the Chibi-Robo Wiimake.

hmm i'd like to see chibi robo get a grphical boast because it never really looked all that.

hmm i'd like to see chibi robo get a grphical boast because it never really looked all that.

I thought the graphics had a lot of charm. We'll get the game in 480p at the very least.

EDIT: Maybe someone could change the thread's name to "New Play Control!" now? :)

The pointer controls are getting thumbs up from many from what I'm hearing. The only downside is how they've mapped the c-stick controls, which I'm not entirely sure how they've been done. This is based upon what I'm hearing.

Still undecided on whether to get any of these. Yes, I'd love the Metroids and I'd love to get a chance to own Chibi Robo and hope Wind Waker appears but I'm not really wanting to have to pay the prices for them and for games like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat I'd rather use the Bongos, a reason why Donkey Kong Jet Race didn't get purchased. I'd love to see Nintendo give us Baten Kaitos, seeing as they own Monolith Soft. Seems likely.

How are the controls? Any better than the perfect GameCube controls that the game was designed around?

Wonderful so far. Very easy, seamlessly intuitive, and the speaker sounds compliment the game really well without being too intrusive (they're just used for plucking and throwing Pikmin really, just the sounds close to Olimar).

The pointer controls are getting thumbs up from many from what I'm hearing. The only downside is how they've mapped the c-stick controls, which I'm not entirely sure how they've been done. This is based upon what I'm hearing.

Still undecided on whether to get any of these. Yes, I'd love the Metroids and I'd love to get a chance to own Chibi Robo and hope Wind Waker appears but I'm not really wanting to have to pay the prices for them and for games like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat I'd rather use the Bongos, a reason why Donkey Kong Jet Race didn't get purchased. I'd love to see Nintendo give us Baten Kaitos, seeing as they own Monolith Soft. Seems likely.

Namco Own the rights to Baten Kaitos though.

I'd buy it. Hopefully we get the PS2 ones ported too. Its funny how with everyone porting PS2 games over, barely any of the good PS2 games get ported over.

Ooo, good idea. I'd love to be able to play it without forking out the ridiculous prices eBay sellers are demanding.

I still got the GC version of this title, people are offering me nearly £100 for this game because they see it as a collector item. I should play it again.

As for Pikmin with the new controls, i think i could re-play it with controls probably more suited to this game than the GC controls were.

@ Emasher - Really? As I could swear that Monolith Soft have the rights to Baten Kaitos as it was a Nintendo only series and was part of the deal for becoming part of Nintendo's development group. I'm sure it is anyway. I shall have a look.

It was published by Namco, I thought they owned it, you're probably right though.

I'm slightly dubious now also...but i do love Mario Tennis..may just have to buy it to get me through, until this EA motionplus tennis game comes out, which they mentioned.
Thing is, I find Wii Sports Tennis quite difficult to control perfectly for whatever reason, and they say Mario Tennis is more unresponsive than that is, which isn't gonna help.

I thought they's work on the controls and it would be really fun, but I don't really want to play it if it's gonna be a bit of a chore and I don't really enjoy it!

Maybe they should have saved this for Wii MotionPlus, although actually, it's not too much to ask for a new Mario Tennis from Nintendo!

Hope Mario Golf appears soon aswell, in whatever form! or a full Wii Sports Golf game!

The thing is...are precise controls actually going to be possible, even with Wii Motion Plus, without making the game nearly impossible for most people to play?

I think the only realistic options are simple (like Wii Sports, but the added option of player movement) or 1:1 (which would be incredibly hard). A middle ground just won't exist due to how different people swing the Wii Remote in different ways.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!