NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

WTF??? I had to pay £169.99 for it with GTA and then £24.99 for Chrono trigger..... can you post an image of your reciept so i can take it in and get some money back?

05042009163.jpg

I dunno if it's all Gamestation stores though...

I dont agree with most of what they said but I do agree that Sony are really pushing the PSP this year with their announced 1st party titles and apparently more are to come. I would like Nintendo to follow suit and get their fingers out when it comes to some 1st party DS/DSi support. I would love another NSMB game.

About 95% of what he said was utterly wrong. Rock Band Unplugged, meet Guitar Hero On Tour. Assassin's Creed is out on the DS, as is Prince of Persia and a couple of other semi-decent Ubisoft franchises. As it stands at the moment, there are 7 Final Fantasy titles out on the DS right now, with more probably set to follow. As for Hannah Montana... well, a quick glance at the DS section in any game store should set the record straight. :heh:

Nintendo have left third-party publishers to their own devices recently, and it's working out extremely well. This year alone we've already seen some excellent results in the form of Big Bang Mini, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Henry Hatsworth. The rest of the year is looking pretty damn good too. Nintendo are even bringing out a few decent looking games, including Rhythm Paradise, Pokémon Platinum and Walk with me: Do you know your walking routine.

I definitely would love more support from Nintendo though. I'm looking forward to hearing their long-term plans for DSiWare...

hi alll has anyo e else niticed some ghosting , for example u have a white screen with black or other dark colours on it, u move the screen aroud fast and u see some sligh ghosting? is this the same for all dsi plz can u guys check for me? thx

hi alll has anyo e else niticed some ghosting , for example u have a white screen with black or other dark colours on it, u move the screen aroud fast and u see some sligh ghosting? is this the same for all dsi plz can u guys check for me? thx

Can't say i've seen ghosting. Is this the entire time or just some games/colours?

mostly on a light background with some black boarders, u move it around and it leaved a trail, do u think the screens need a while to bed in, like a lcd tv?

Has there been footage for Rock Band Unplugged? As it was said to be more like frequency, which means it wouldn't be like Guitar Hero: On Tour.

Loving my DSi though, playing some Professor Layton that came with it ^_^

Has there been footage for Rock Band Unplugged? As it was said to be more like frequency, which means it wouldn't be like Guitar Hero: On Tour.

Loving my DSi though, playing some Professor Layton that came with it ^_^

Unplugged is just tapping the face buttons, it's hardly the killer app Sony are making it out to be. I dread to think of how much they had to pay EA to make it handheld-exclusive to the PSP.

I ask weird questions, I know, but I'm also curious about this; on the Lite, when you open it and the top half clicks into the default playing position, it does literally click, you feel it and hear it. On my DSi it just smoothly (kind of) goes into place, and when in this position the top half is a tad wobbly and loose.

The top screen on mine has two 'fixed' positions: the default, slightly tilted position doesn't snap audibly, but there is a click if I push the screen all the way back so it's parallel with the rest of the unit. There is a certain amount of wobble in either case, but that's simply part and parcel of the design; you have to be able to move it, after all.

You seem to be having a case of hardware hypochondria, and you should really stop worrying. Even if the worst case scenario does come to pass and you end up having trouble with your unit, you have an entire year's warranty on the thing.

Unplugged is just tapping the face buttons, it's hardly the killer app Sony are making it out to be. I dread to think of how much they had to pay EA to make it handheld-exclusive to the PSP.

There's over 40 million PSPs out there, so I highly doubt Unplugged was in any way born of a Sony signed cheque. As for your gross reductionism of the game's mechanics, perhaps you'll remember that comment next time someone throws around the word 'waggle'.

Just had a good two hour session on my DSi, playing Art Style Aquito, Pyoro and Paper Plane - the best three titles on the service, in my opinion (though Art Style Code is also very good). Also played a lot more of Henry Hatsworth and a bit of Sonic Chronicles. Very, very good - especially the former.

As for your gross reductionism of the game's mechanics, perhaps you'll remember that comment next time someone throws around the word 'waggle'.

Not sure what you're getting at here, I hardly defend the use of "waggle" in games to the death. If your only input into a thread is to generalise users as fanboys, maybe it'd be best to say nothing at all?

From the details we have so far, Rock Band Unplugged is just tapping the face buttons as opposed to playing the game with a guitar/drum/microphone peripheral. What's the problem?

Edited by Tellyn

The top screen on mine has two 'fixed' positions: the default, slightly tilted position doesn't snap audibly, but there is a click if I push the screen all the way back so it's parallel with the rest of the unit. There is a certain amount of wobble in either case, but that's simply part and parcel of the design; you have to be able to move it, after all.

You seem to be having a case of hardware hypochondria, and you should really stop worrying. Even if the worst case scenario does come to pass and you end up having trouble with your unit, you have an entire year's warranty on the thing.

There's over 40 million PSPs out there, so I highly doubt Unplugged was in any way born of a Sony signed cheque. As for your gross reductionism of the game's mechanics, perhaps you'll remember that comment next time someone throws around the word 'waggle'.

Is that a real condition, or was it a joke? I do have some weird mental problems when it comes to the condition of my stuff/consoles. I think I have OCD or something.

Regardless, thanks for your input, you've eased my mind a bit. Would you mind easing my mind a bit more by convincing me not to worry so much about this kind of stuff?

Apologies to anyone offended by me being a mentally ill wreck.

I'm so tempted to buy one of these bad boys but then again DSware offers very little atm...Hmmm hopefully i'll be tempted over the next few months.

DSi just pwned me..

I knew that the DSi Ware was gonna be region locked, but I didn't know the console was.. I can't play my imported version of Pokémon Diamond. Comes up with an error screen, yet the game works in my old DS. Can only imagine its region locked.

thats weird...I just got a DSi and put my imported Pokemon Pearl in and it worked with no problems at all :S Overall best version of the DS :D

DSi just pwned me..

I knew that the DSi Ware was gonna be region locked, but I didn't know the console was.. I can't play my imported version of Pokémon Diamond. Comes up with an error screen, yet the game works in my old DS. Can only imagine its region locked.

Blow dat shit.

DSi just pwned me..

As PeeJ says, that shouldn't be happening, dude. I'm not sure what's wrong, but the DSi isn't retroactively region-locked.

thats weird...I just got a DSi and put my imported Pokemon Pearl in and it worked with no problems at all :S Overall best version of the DS :D

Maybez Ramar got an imported DSi and a non imported Diamond yo.

*Reads Tellyn post*

Dat shit be whack.

Hmm.. I'll hunt my Animal Crossing down.

Could be that my Pokémon cart is fudged.

Edit -

Scrap what I said above, must be Pokémon playing up because SM64 DS and FullMetal Alchemist work fine..

The plot thickens.

Very strange about Pokémon Diamond, anyone else have the same issue as Ramar? :hmm:

I've been playing Rhythm Tengoku Gold and Korg DS on my DSi with no problems at all. ::shrug:

Check out this awesome DSi sound Easter egg :grin::

I made some pretty weird sounding versions earlier. :heh: Shame that you have to wait for it though, would be cool if it could be activated instantly somehow.

There may be a contaminent on the card...wipe it off

The card is clean, I keep all my game cards in either the console or their respective box. I went and tested all my DS games on my DSi, all work bar Diamond.

It's not too much of a problem in the sense I don't really play Diamond anymore, and it works on my old DS I can transfer my decent pogeys to Platinum.

I've decided to drop Nintendo an email, I've read two people have similar errors, though with different games, Tetris DS and GTA. Hopefully they'll give me a response that doesn't involve sending the console to them.

Well; in case anyone has the same issue; the update had nothing to do with it.

I just took it back to the store and they replaced it without a problem; after trying resetting it and all.

The new one seems to respond faster too; my first was probably a complete bust.

Anyone else having issues with the date and time setting?

I could set it fine before but then needed an update when I tried to use the dsware.

I now can not set the time and date right anymore; anything else gets saved fine (username, color; country; ect:)

did the update screw it or is my system screwed?

Very strange about Pokémon Diamond, anyone else have the same issue as Ramar? :hmm:

I've been playing Rhythm Tengoku Gold and Korg DS on my DSi with no problems at all. ::shrug:

Check out this awesome DSi sound Easter egg :grin::

I made some pretty weird sounding versions earlier. :heh: Shame that you have to wait for it though, would be cool if it could be activated instantly somehow.

I can't believe that's actually in there. That's just too bad ass.

I've decided to drop Nintendo an email, I've read two people have similar errors, though with different games, Tetris DS and GTA. Hopefully they'll give me a response that doesn't involve sending the console to them.
I tried Tetris DS (US copy) after reading your post, worked fine for me. But yeah, let us know what Nintendo say. Hopefully it's an uncommon problem.

I can't believe that's actually in there. That's just too bad ass.
Yup, it's pretty rad. I wonder if there are any other secrets to be found? :)

Surely the real-life K.K. had a hand in DSi Music, I'll be willing to bet that Totakeke's Song is hidden somewhere in there.

I went and tried out the easter egg and it was beautiful...really cool that there is hidden extras like that!