NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Missed out the start of six games from Square-Enix/Intelligent Systems.

Will MetaFortress clamp down on piracy?

Source

I don't really understand the techy side of it all, but anything that makes the lives of these scum a little harder is a good thing.

Its a great step forward for the developers, but its a bit far calling them scum isnt it?

Most of us have pirated something at atleast one point of our lives.

Its a great step forward for the developers, but its a bit far calling them scum isnt it?

Most of us have pirated something at atleast one point of our lives.

They use their free time to illegally distribute something that many people have put hundreds of hours into. No, scum really isn't a strong enough word.

And you may be correct, but that doesn't make it right, don't make excuses for piracy. I should be the anti-piracy spokesman at the start of DVDs.

They use their free time to illegally distribute something that many people have put hundreds of hours into. No, scum really isn't a strong enough word.

And you may be correct, but that doesn't make it right, don't make excuses for piracy. I should be the anti-piracy spokesman at the start of DVDs.

I dont understand why people get so hyped up about it, most of us have downloaded illegal music.

Whys it any different?

Wait a sec, you're saying that creating, developing and putting many many hours and money into games is the exact same as a song that lasts a few minutes?

It's very different.

Is killing a fly the same as killing a human? No it isn't.

I dont understand why people get so hyped up about it, most of us have downloaded illegal music.

Whys it any different?

No, there's no hype. It's really very different to downloading music. Not everyone is the same as you, stop trying to bring everyone else down to your level to make it seem okay.

I think that music and games and movies are in the same, media section of piracy. If you pirate one thing you can't get angry at people pirating another. A lot of effort goes into games, movies and SONGS. Its a bit hypocritical to say one sort of piracy is less evil than another.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a DS Lite? Cheapest I have seen so far is £60 used. Recently sold my DS phat for £35 cash but think I want to play one again now =P

Didn't want to make a new thread for this so I'm just asking here. =)

I'm looking for a new DS game to buy right now, something that I can play for longer periods (most of my DS game I play in short bursts, like Rhythm Paradise and the like). Thing is I can't really think of anything to buy. I'd probably be looking at something a bit action-adventure like. Something in the same regions as Zelda would be nice. =)

Soooo, any ideas?

Didn't want to make a new thread for this so I'm just asking here. =)

I'm looking for a new DS game to buy right now, something that I can play for longer periods (most of my DS game I play in short bursts, like Rhythm Paradise and the like). Thing is I can't really think of anything to buy. I'd probably be looking at something a bit action-adventure like. Something in the same regions as Zelda would be nice. =)

Soooo, any ideas?

You've played Tingle's Rupeeland, right? If not you should definitely check that game out. :)

Otherwise about the only thing I can think of that fits your request of long play time and action-adventure is GTA: Chinatown Wars, not sure if that'd be your cup of tea though. :hmm:

But if you can stomach it, well it's certainly one of the most comprehensive DS titles out there.

You've played Tingle's Rupeeland, right? If not you should definitely check that game out. :)

Otherwise about the only thing I can think of that fits your request of long play time and action-adventure is GTA: Chinatown Wars, not sure if that'd be your cup of tea though. :hmm:

But if you can stomach it, well it's certainly one of the most comprehensive DS titles out there.

Yeah I played Tingle's Rupeeland, great game. =)

GTA doesn't seem like my kind of game, heh. Not really sure what I'm looking for I guess. It doesn't have to be -that- long. I mean Phantom Hourglass probably wasn't that long either but it kept me going for ages! =)

Might look into some RPG's maybe, though I've not played too many games in that genre so I don't know. =P

Got a lovely Hori case through this morning from Play-Asia for my DSi. It's fairly big, but compact enough for me to stick it in a bag without making it bulky. It's much, much better than the GAME cases I've been putting up with for all these years... I just wish that Dragon Quest DSi shell was still available!

I met Charlotte the other day on the Nintendo Channel, you just reminded me I never posted anything on here.... :heh: It's most definitely the definition of cringe-tastic.

Its annoying, I keep almost ordering myself a DSi but then stopping as it'll take up nearly all of my remaining money and because I still have a DS Phat I keep telling myself that if I can play my games now it doesnt matter.

I really want a DSi now though! Especially considering the difference in quality/colour between its screen and the phats.

It definitely feels like a completely new console when you go from a Phat to a Lite/DSi. The difference in brightness is astoundingly brilliant.

It's almost like going from GBA to SP, but without sacrificing all the comfort.

Its annoying, I keep almost ordering myself a DSi but then stopping as it'll take up nearly all of my remaining money and because I still have a DS Phat I keep telling myself that if I can play my games now it doesnt matter.

I really want a DSi now though! Especially considering the difference in quality/colour between its screen and the phats.

I'm similar. Been looking at DSi's off and on since they came out but I've always put off ordering one or talked myself out of it. My big silver has served me well enough these past years, dammit, so I won't put it into retirement just yet!

Nintendo did not put it up someone from japan done it.

It turns out you are right man!

As its no longer got the DS on it and says domain is for sale.

Oh well, it was pretty ironic while it lasted.

It turns out you are right man!

As its no longer got the DS on it and says domain is for sale.

Oh well, it was pretty ironic while it lasted.

Not ironic. Clever. Sony don't want a URL like that to forward to their competitor's product, do they? Therefore they'll buy the domain off that person to stop it.