N-Europe

What a surprise, Wii owners shun another great 3rd party effort. Im honestly getting quite sick of of this lack of support from Wii gamers, its a big middle finger to Capcom who put the time and effort into bringing the game over to the west. Hopefully the yanks will give the game the sales it deserves.
It's got to be down to piracy. :nono:

Couldn't believe my eyes after seeing how many downloads of House of the Dead: Overkill there were on that list that got posted a while back. :shakehead

It's unfortunate that so many amongst the hardcore Wii audience seem to be into that scene, because literally every core title that gets released now is going to suffer as a result. :angry: And It's sad for devs/publishers whenever that happens, but much more so with something like TvsC that has literally gone through complete licensing hell to even be localised in the first place.

Anyway, it's still early days so you never know. But seeing as the majority of fans would've probably picked this up at launch, it's not a good sign. :sad:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a surprise, Wii owners shun another great 3rd party effort. Im honestly getting quite sick of of this lack of support from Wii gamers, its a big middle finger to Capcom who put the time and effort into bringing the game over to the west. Hopefully the yanks will give the game the sales it deserves.

To be fair, 6 on the Wii chart is at least better than it COULD have been...

Still. It's frustrating, but we all know at least us guys will pick up these quality titles. Go and complain to the vast majority of those gamers who do own Wiis, mainly frequent the Other Console boards, and whose interest in quality Wii games is limited to voicing their assumption that there aren't any.

You can't really complain about sales. Hardly anyone will know what Tatsunoko is and I wouldn't even know about this game if I wasn't on gaming websites all the time- This game needs ADVERTISING! Do any of these companies know that advertising actually works!?

You can't really complain about sales. Hardly anyone will know what Tatsunoko is and I wouldn't even know about this game if I wasn't on gaming websites all the time- This game needs ADVERTISING! Do any of these companies know that advertising actually works!?

It's having a banner on IGN for three days, isn't it?

It arrived for me today and I've just had a go on it.. and it seems class :yay:

Since I have been playing Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter III: Third Strike recently, I decided to go with the familiarity of Ryu and Chun-Li for my first go and I have to say that the special moves were satisfyingly powerful :heh:

Does anyone know if online stores like shopto and zavvi count towards elspa's sales charts? I'm sure a lot of hardcore wii owners would have known these two places were way cheaper than high street stores. Could have dented the chart hopes maybe?

£19.95 + £17.95 = £37.90. That's how much I spent just a second ago thanks to the rave reviews you guys have given this game. to be fair, that's the price of a HD game and less than what I paid for MW2 on the pc. I bought two because one is a very late birthday present (was waiting for the perfect gift, and madworld + this sound like an idea set of gifts, wanted okami too but Zavvi are out of stock ¬_¬) and so one of them is 19.95 thanks to wrapping. Can't wait to see the look on his face when I give him this as I am pretty sure he has no idea about it but would absolutely love it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i bought two copies because the chap needs a regular thrashing from yours truly, and then I can share that thrashing with the rest of you hopefully.

Well if anyone is still sitting on the fence about this title. I'm willing to put my neck out on the line and say BEST FIGHTING GAME ON WII. Even better than dare I say Super Smash Bros Brawl. Don't get me wrong Brawl was filled to the brim with content and nostalgia.

But this game is on another level in terms of fighting satisfaction and makes up for there not being a SF4 on Wii.

Anyone else spending much time with Ultimate All-Shooters? I'm proper addicted to it now, such a great addition to the main game. icon14.gif

I've completed it with all 4 characters, and have been going back to play through the different routes.

Playing as Ryu is painful though, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, etc... :heh:

Have been unlocking lots of stuff for the gallery too, Special Illustration 3 is just so incredibly awesome! I'd love that artwork as a poster. :love:

This game has got it all. :cool:

Also, I just can't get enough of the music on the the Mall and Vegas stages:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Legendary.

:bowdown:

Yeah, it's a great fighter. Up there with SSBB and "NARUTO 3". Nearly makes up for no Street Fighter 4. Good old Capcom.

:D Naruto 3? Do you mean 'Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3'? Is it out already, and/or do you have it in your possession?

Heard it's Wi-Fi is like TvC's...

Anyone else spending much time with Ultimate All-Shooters? I'm proper addicted to it now, such a great addition to the main game. icon14.gif

I've completed it with all 4 characters, and have been going back to play through the different routes.

Playing as Ryu is painful though, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, HADOKEN, etc... :heh:

Have been unlocking lots of stuff for the gallery too, Special Illustration 3 is just so incredibly awesome! I'd love that artwork as a poster. :love:

This game has got it all. :cool:

Haha I've sadly only have unlocked Frank West and a few outfits and gallery shtuff. Darn Wi-Fi is too addictive :bouncy:

Edited by Beverage
Automerged Doublepost

This game has a severe lack of shelfspace. I am litteraly surrounded by gamestores, both chains and indies. Only one store has TvsC available, and that's a store that sells every game that's on the market.

Either there is a serious distribution problem going on around here, or the other stores can't be bothered. They aren't usually very picky, though. Either way, a lot of sales are being missed and I fear this'll hurt initial sales if this is widespread.

Guest Captain Falcon
It's in my local HMV... Not sure how much it is.

But it's moot anyway, I said I wouldn't buy anything until March.

Oh, fuck you all. I'll probably end up only bloody buying it.

Oh come on D_prO.

It's only £18 on Zavvi - is it just a timing thing or are you worried about being burned on the price?

And as for the best fighting game argument, I can't say I'd rank it above Brawl. Whilst part of that does play on nostalgia, it's still got content falling out of every hole whereas this game is a bit on the light side in comparison (then again most games are anyway to Smash regardless of genre). I would have preferred them to have fleshed out the Time Attack, Survival and Training modes like on SFIV.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Oh come on D_prO.

It's only £18 on Zavvi - is it just a timing thing or are you worried about being burned on the price?

It's a I-have-a-non-replenishing-supply-of-money thing and I told myself the only games I'd buy this quarter would be Silent Hill and Red Steel 2 (and No More Heroes 2 if it came out).

Guest Captain Falcon
It's a I-have-a-non-replenishing-supply-of-money thing and I told myself the only games I'd buy this quarter would be Silent Hill and Red Steel 2 (and No More Heroes 2 if it came out).

Right then lads...

Let's have a whip round for old tight wad here and see what we can do - anyone with me?

Haha, get that hand outta that pocket. And the other one from down your trousers, please.

It's on my Lovefilm rental list. I'm gonna do what I'm doing with Muramasa today - when it arrives, I'm limiting myself to one day of playtime, then it's being posted back in the evening. If I get hooked, I'll buy. If not, at least I gave it a go.

Incidentally, I probably won't buy Muramasa...

Guest Captain Falcon
Haha, get that hand outta that pocket. And the other one from down your trousers, please.

It's on my Lovefilm rental list. I'm gonna do what I'm doing with Muramasa today - when it arrives, I'm limiting myself to one day of playtime, then it's being posted back in the evening. If I get hooked, I'll buy. If not, at least I gave it a go.

Incidentally, I probably won't buy Muramasa...

You won't be buying Muramasa? After actually playing it?

You don't deserve a whip round then my friend :nono: