NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

I feel a little less 'inadaquate' now, just bought myself THIS.

4GB installs? I've shit em!

I would have been mate, but just bought one. :(

You don't sit around!

I would have been mate, but just bought one. :(

Unlucky mate, Caris flogged me the 250GB one I was on about way back around 6 months ago or something, for £22. Probably one of the best deals of my life.

Where do you get them all Matthew? (too many Matts around)

I steal them.

I don't really, I just seem to have bought quite a few HDD's over the years.

No, it's a cinematic game.

What the Hell does 'interactive movie' mean, anyway?

A movie that you interact with obviously.

I thought you were suppose to be smart?

There's quite a difference really. A movie like experience would be terribly linear with very little control.

This you decide what happens, and you learn how far you would go to stop a killer.

And don't cuss Daft. Period.

There's quite a difference really. A movie like experience would be terribly linear with very little control.

This you decide what happens, and you learn how far you would go to stop a killer.

And don't cuss Daft. Period.

I'll cuss who I want.*

*With exceptions to those with unparalleled levels of power.

The more I think about it the more I sigh at that phrase. It should be "How far would you go to stop a killer... in a videogame?" I guess it might have a slight emotional effect if the characters are developed well enough.

But tbh whatever happens, Madison is getting raped horrid.

The more I think about it the more I sigh at that phrase. It should be "How far would you go to stop a killer... in a videogame?" I guess it might have a slight emotional effect if the characters are developed well enough.

But tbh whatever happens, Madison is getting raped horrid.

If it was an interactive movie you could interact with the rapege.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=233835

apparently you can get the demo now a week early although I'm struggling to find a link that work properly to get to the web game.

this and this:

http://www.heavyrainps3.com/

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

CODE GET although its the same stuff that was at eurogamer, a quick second run through won't do any harm!

Edited by flameboy

As Flameboy said earlier...for those still wanting a code...

Go to: http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing/

here you have to solve the case and once you solve it, it gives you a code to go and download the heavy rain demo. Here's the answers:

• Short cigarette (117b)

• Origami bird

• Coffee shop C (it says "diner")

• 117h (tyre tracks).

pick the clues in that order to get your code.

EDIT: Friend just tried it on his PS3 and not working neither. Maybe all downloads have gone?!

Edited by tapedeck

Amen to that, it's pre-ordered, why potentially make the 1st experience worse?

As Flameboy said earlier...for those still wanting a code...

Go to: http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing/

here you have to solve the case and once you solve it, it gives you a code to go and download the heavy rain demo. Here's the answers:

• Short cigarette (117b)

• Origami bird

• Coffee shop C (it says "diner")

• 117h (tyre tracks).

pick the clues in that order to get your code.

EDIT: Friend just tried it on his PS3 and not working neither. Maybe all downloads have gone?!

nah its not just that...apparently the website was the final part of the four days thing and was only meant for people who had followed through on that web game but those who just followed the link and went to that site were skipping it. apparently they have pulled the plug on the downloads as it was not being used properly. seems fair enough. but a bit harsh on those who have followed the game through and didnt get their code.

I've just done it, and the code worked fine. I'm playing it now.

I was in two minds to play it, but in the end I couldn't resist. Its very good, very polished, and very interesting. I can't wait to play the final game now.

I've just done it, and the code worked fine. I'm playing it now.

I was in two minds to play it, but in the end I couldn't resist. Its very good, very polished, and very interesting. I can't wait to play the final game now.

did you not play it at Eurogamer? think one of the levels is the same as what was at there.

did you not play it at Eurogamer? think one of the levels is the same as what was at there.

No I didn't. I passed it up for other games, and I didn't really want to spoil anything for myself. Although it doesn't really spoil anything......

What was in the Expo demo? Here we have a tutorial, a sleazy scene where one of the guys questions a prostitute, and an investigative scene beside a rail track.

Scene in a junkyard...investigating...

Anyway I'm not that fussed missed out on the demo...I only wanted to replay what I thought were the same bits as Eurogamer.If thats not the case I'd rather not spoil.

Can someone please explain how this is more than Shenmue? Not meant as snark, but a genuine question. What I know of it its quite Shenmuey (which is a good thing) but what else does it offer?

Thanks in advance.

It's only really akin to Shenmue in that the controls are quite similar; not just the QTE angle, even walking about is somewhat comparable. It's more of a point 'n' click game interspersed with moments of fast action, all within the structure of a choose-your-own-adventure book.

However the full game turns out, it'll definitely be worth a rental.

Just played the demo, the graphics really are in another level to anything I have ever seen.

Famitsu gave this a 10 9 8 10. That's pretty positive from them.

Some points from the review,

- One play is about 10 hours. If you want to finish all the game' scenarios it's 30 hours.

- Innovative control and fabulous story

- You can really immerse your emotion, especially if you have kids.

- Lots of branching in the story

- Top notch atmosphere

- Keeps you want to continue playing

- You can also sense fear

The game has no "game over"

Hmm, according to some people that have finished this the story is actually of a comparable quality to a decent movie. Seems that the developers getting in "Hollywood scriptwriters" might end up meaning something for a change.

Sign in to follow this