NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

I read this too and it looks pretty cool, although I am not the horror genre fanatic. Seems strange the way the controls work, might have to keep an eye on it to see how it rates. Very impressive visually though.

Didn't understand the bit about 'no gameovers'.

I think it i more an atmospheric thriller than a horror game, more creepy than going for scares.

As for the no game over thing I think it's going to allow for a lot of freedom within a set story. Kind of like Chrono Trigger but a lot more detailed and advance.

It is interesting to hear about the DLC and how they can easily use the game to create separate stories that are unrelated to the main story.

Thing is, the people (you) can die which means you'd have to do that bit again right? Or does it move on so that you control someone elses destiny?

And that video looks more like horror to me! :S

It sounded like they can die but I'm not too sure.

The Origami Killer, what was on show, has nothing to do with the main game (To avoid any plot details). Might have been why it was that creepy. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah but why would they make the demo scary but not the full game? They don't want to reveal anything about the plot but they are hinting that you will have to fight and escape physcopaths.

Really not my thing.

(Bare in mind that I almost bricked myself at the end of Uncharted, even though I have completed Resi 4)

Isn't this the game where they had the trailer ages ago with a crying woman in a kitchen? She was pointing a gun at the screen or something.

Isn't this the game where they had the trailer ages ago with a crying woman in a kitchen? She was pointing a gun at the screen or something.

I thought of that too.

And, look, it is!

If it's set just in one street, or even one house, it's probably gonna be awesome. I'm hoping for a 360 version. :D

Looks great, but I hope the gameplay consists of more than just QTEs (like in the trailer).

Wow, this looks amazing. I'm really excited for this game. Controls sound like they'd take some getting used to but sounds as though it could work really well. I'm very glad I have a PS3 right now anyway.

I'm definitely interested in this game, but I have to say that graphically it seems to have taken a backwards step since the teaser images from a few months ago. The newest images all seem to suffer from the same plastic look of nearly all 'next-gen' character models. I hope they add the skin imperfections back in. Oh, and sort out that woman's jawline!

Still, hopefully Quantic Dream have learnt their lesson from Fahrenheit and are going to tone down any paranormal elements. The X-Files walked the thin line between the real and the unreal well, so hopefully the game will be more akin to that and... well, feature less slow-motion rooftop fisticuffs with the embodiment of the internet.

I'm definitely interested in this game, but I have to say that graphically it seems to have taken a backwards step since the teaser images from a few months ago. The newest images all seem to suffer from the same plastic look of nearly all 'next-gen' character models. I hope they add the skin imperfections back in. Oh, and sort out that woman's jawline!

Still, hopefully Quantic Dream have learnt their lesson from Fahrenheit and are going to tone down any paranormal elements. The X-Files walked the thin line between the real and the unreal well, so hopefully the game will be more akin to that and... well, feature less slow-motion rooftop fisticuffs with the embodiment of the internet.

Yeah thats the one thing with Farenheit it went crazy. Early on when it was just the murder investigation it was fantastic but got so wierd especially towards the end. I still love the game and it is actually one of my favourite games. I still own my xbox copy despite not owing an xbox anymore (my dad has one though), I may have to pick it up on PC at some point...

Ahh fuck this game!

I really want it (I loved Fahrenheit) but I have no access to a PS3 and won´t be able to afford it for months.

*pouts*

Looks great. Very jealous of PS3 owners :(

Agreed. Fahrenheit was awesome.

Farenheit is one of my favourite games, despite the strange ending it is awesome...

Finally, Some Heavy Rain Gameplay Footage

heavyrain2.jpg

It's been a bad week for PR stunts, yes. So it's heartening to see that when Heavy Rain comes out with gameplay footage, it actually comes out with a decent amount of gameplay footage.

What you make of it all is another matter. It...looks a lot like Indigo Prophecy to me. Indigo Prophecy meets They Live.

And for the record, those are just two of my favourite things.

http://kotaku.com/5265527/finally-some-heavy-rain-gameplay-footage

Looks pretty cool. I wonder if there is a higher quality video somewhere.

Found: http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=60&ch=1&sd=0

1up: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3174347&p=

Edited by Daft

Looks interesting, I liked the idea of the revolving text-choices.

I haven't played a good story driven games since MGS4 so I'm really looking forward to this. (SR2 has an awesome and funny story, but it's unsurprisingly not very deep.)

Eurogamer's Hands-On is a good read. A lot clearer than the other write ups.

Plus, some screenshots,

theylive.jpg

12.jpg

5_03.jpg

4_02.jpg

15.jpg

2_03.jpg

13.jpg

9.jpg

Probably wasn't the best idea to demo a scrapyard section. It isn't exactly the prettiest of places in real life.

Looked nice and shiny to me. Is it bad that I never played fahrenheit? Meant to, just never got round to it...Hmmm, thinking about it, there is no way you guys would know if I need to play that one before this one. Also, this is now sitting on my want list.

Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain aren't linked in any way, so I wouldn't worry about it.

The footage of the club on GTTV looked rather more interesting than the junk yard; it's the part they'll be showing at E3, apparently. I also noticed at the end that it was mentioned that this game is coming out next year, although they weren't any more specific — I'd assume it'll be a Q1 title like Killzone 2, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sign in to follow this