NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

If you are so annoyed about it, edit your other post which quoted him! :p

scroll back up and you will see its done!

Picked it up. Went driving everywhere in the Heavy Rain to get it. Found the last copy in the second ASDA I went into. Joy.

Made the origami figure, skipped the installation of the patch and then suffered characters falling through stairs and a few game freezes on the 'face' loading screens. As much as I'm loving it these kind of flaws are pretty shocking for a AAA PS3 title.

Updates are a bain in some ways. I've now stopped playing and I'm now waiting 20mins for a 200mb patch. Not all of us are in the best areas for Broadband SONY.

In other news, I've really felt some attachment and emotion for the characters and their situations. Looking forward to seeing how it all develops.

The detectives story seems the best so far. The first time I saw his loading screen was amazing. It's the first time I've considered a game uncanny.

The bit where you have to look after the baby briefly was amazing. I don't like kids, but even I felt a bit fatherly.

Just got to Madison's first bit.

So awesome. Got my heart racing. I managed to lock myself in the toilet but someone was in there and slit my throat.

...was relieved to find out it was a nightmare.

This real threat of death...is...making things a lot more tense. It's excellent.

I'm liking all the characters actually. Thought Shelby would be a bit duff but he's ace.

Edited by Daft

So awesome. Got my heart racing. I managed to lock myself in the toilet but someone was in there and slit my throat.

This real threat of death...is...making things a lot more tense. It's excellent.

I'm liking all the characters actually. Thought Shelby would be a bit duff but he's ace.

The same thing happened to me with Madisons first bit.

I love Shelby.

The only thing I can really find wrong with the game so far is that fact that I've started a few scenes and thought "Where am I now and why am I here?".

Also:

I think the scene with the religious guy went a bit wrong in mine. I managed to talk him into dropping the gun, the other cop went to cuff him and he pulled a knife. I pressed the button to shoot him and the scene ended. Immediately. The next time I was controlling the FBI guy, I was in a car and the characters were talking about how I didn't shoot him. Was that supposed to happen?

I loved the scene though. I was tense to the point that I pulled the trigger in panic as soon as I saw he had a knife. Didn't even have time to think. It was like I was there. Awesome.

I think the scene with the religious guy went a bit wrong in mine. I managed to talk him into dropping the gun, the other cop went to cuff him and he pulled a knife. I pressed the button to shoot him and the scene ended. Immediately. The next time I was controlling the FBI guy, I was in a car and the characters were talking about how I didn't shoot him. Was that supposed to happen?

I loved the scene though. I was tense to the point that I pulled the trigger in panic as soon as I saw he had a knife. Didn't even have time to think. It was like I was there. Awesome.

I was completely different, I panicked when I saw the R1 prompt appear so I pressed it straight away, not realising it would kill him :laughing:

I managed to talk the guy out of it on my first playthrough but when he broke away from carter and pulled something out I just twitched on R1 and shot him. Then I found out it was just a crucifix...I felt bad >_> They were talking about it in the next Jayden scene too, nice touch. I think I might have missed a part of the story because I shot the guy, like an interrogation scene or something

I know that spoilered bit is amazing, was telling a friend about it it was that good. Haven't you given it away in the title of the spoiler though?

So I'm really not far into at all. Just changed characters for the first time.

So I loved the opening scene of the game. Waking up milling round the house. Going downstairs, popping on the CD player. I literally had a smile on my face at the sites and sounds and feel of this family home. Walking downstairs for the first time was incredible and seeing all the decorations just felt amazing couldn't wait for the kids to get home. I sacked off doing any work and mucked around in the garden and then everyone got home. Realised my wife was a bit of whiney bitch so thought would take my time getting the plates. Went and actually do some work then got the plates and went and played with the kids after moaning bitch rejected my advances for sex. I took almost a childish glee in playing with the kids and the sword fight was definitely the highlight.

So the shopping mall scene. I had this scene slightly spoilt by a screenshot in EDGE. So I knew that you character lost a kid in the mall. However I assumed it would be he perhaps goes missing and the killer has kidnapped him and it perhaps a race against time to get him back before he is killed. So when the care came slamming into him and he died I was genuinely shocked and actually got goosebumps and shivered. Was really powerful and hard hitting stuff.

Later on when your other kid comes and visits and whilst he is watching tv you can go sit in the kitchen and you see him behind you whilst you sit with a glum look on the face. I loved putting the kid to bed and him saying it's not your fault Jason died. Up till that point I thought the kids attitude was because he did blame me.

and relating to this experience in a no spoiler manner for all to read:

I don't want to make it seem I am overstating the emotional response to the game at this stage. Yes I did have quite an extreme response to what happened in that scene. However even a mediocre film can evoke some kind of emotion at certain points. Not that I think Heavy Rain is mediocre by a long shot. I think it is that Heavy Rain is way above anything else in games in what its trying to convey and bring across. I think perhaps how the game stands the test of time and what legacy it ultimately leaves will have a big say in how we view its merits as a different type of narrative form in gaming.

I know that spoilered bit is amazing, was telling a friend about it it was that good. Haven't you given it away in the title of the spoiler though?

Only if you click on it or if someone points out that the title of the spoiler might be a spoiler.

I'll change it, anyhow.

Im debating whether or not to start another play through at the moment to try other choices. I think it might be worth waiting a bit as the more everyday actions you take throughout the game could get a bit tiresome.

Has anyone else completed it yet? Im looking forward to coming notes on how my ending compared to others.

Im debating whether or not to start another play through at the moment to try other choices. I think it might be worth waiting a bit as the more everyday actions you take throughout the game could get a bit tiresome.

Has anyone else completed it yet? Im looking forward to coming notes on how my ending compared to others.

I totally am looking forward to going and doin even the early bits and be an arsehole.

Only if you click on it or if someone points out that the title of the spoiler might be a spoiler.

I'll change it, anyhow.

I just thought that with you saying the Madison bit, and saying that word it might hint at something. Ok she experiences one at the start but that isn't really spoiler-worthy.

I'll shut up, doesn't really matter :/

Well my game is fooked. Updated, continued saved game and now getting no audio and game freezing all over the place.

What a joke.

Well my game is fooked. Updated, continued saved game and now getting no audio and game freezing all over the place.

What a joke.

Is there anyway to undo updates on the PS3? IIRC there was a way to get rid of updates on the 360, maybe there's a way on the PS3?

The only issue I have had so far is RIDICULOUS long load times. I mean seriously like a good few minutes between a scene. Enjoying it so far though, not played a great deal but even enjoying all the silly little things like opening fridges and stuff :p

FBI and Religious guy...

I was completely different, I panicked when I saw the R1 prompt appear so I pressed it straight away, not realising it would kill him
:laughing:

I went to press R1 but my Spider Sense wasn't tingling as I saw the crucifix...the guy then cuffed the deadbeat and told me how I should have shot him as it is usually the best answer.

Awesome how we are all getting different outcomes.

Just finished it.

Scott Shelby!!! I was not expecting that! I didn't manage to save all my characters, I couldn't get the FBI guy weaned off the smack, and I killed Scott at the end with Ethan - although I'm not sure if there is any other option there.

What a fantastic piece of entertainment, very enjoyable and sure to become a classic. Obviously designed for multiple run throughs so gonna get cracking with that.

why the fuck does it bring up subtitles when displaying text you easily read even when the subtitles are turned off?

For the half-blind people?

I'm at the bit where I got Ethan to escape the police, didn't fail one QTE, was great stuff. I fell off the building and was like 'shiiii' because for a moment I thought he was dead.

Had one of the most amazing game experiences ever before that though, the mad doctor scene.... JESUS CHRIST! That whole thing was fucking amazing, I almost shat myself.

Brilliant game.

For the half-blind people?

Look I'm all for accessibility in games (in fact getting interviewed by the yorkshire post on monday about that very same subject) but it kinda takes away from the experience when text your reading off a piece of paper is obscured by huge white text! Why not make it optional like subtitles?!!!

why the fuck does it bring up subtitles when displaying text you easily read even when the subtitles are turned off?

For other languages, I suspect.

I panicked and shot him. I was like shit he isn't listening to me and just found myself hitting R1 in a panic! Gonna have to live with the consequences now sigh...

I pretty much try and talk everyone down. I'm sure that's going to come back and bite me in the ass.

If he'd been pointing the gun at me though, I'd have shot him.

Sign in to follow this