NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

Got the e-mail too.

£35.99!! SCORE!! :D

How come? Was that a voucher you used?

It seems to have gone up in price, at least I will get the previous pre-order price. Yes?

I envy you all so much right now :P Hopefully I'll pick it up on friday if my bank allows me :(

How come? Was that a voucher you used?

It seems to have gone up in price, at least I will get the previous pre-order price. Yes?

I don't know why HMV seem to give me 10% discount a lot of the time for no reason.

I can only think it's the old student discount and they haven't amended it.

No. They don't even do student discount in store any more. I think it's just an error.

Aw... :(

I got a student discount last year in-store.

Basically I would like you to give me 2.50 and split the saving.

£35.99!! SCORE!!

Aw... :(

I got a student discount last year in-store.

Basically I would like you to give me 2.50 and split the saving.

The pre-order price was originally 39.99, meaning Daft had saved £4. You're asking for £2.50, which is far more than half of the saving. Plus he wouldn't want to share it with anyone from here let alone someone

that makes

lots of little posts

with unnecessary quantities of full stops in a row as if there's something mysterious that's worth reading in them at the end of every couple of sentences....

even though

the overuse of line breaks themselves

signifies the waste of space

that

you

are.

half-joke

Hopefully ShopTo will ship this tomorrow. I need a decent offline game right now. Shitty internet service provider is shitty.

The pre-order price was originally 39.99, meaning Daft had saved £4. You're asking for £2.50, which is far more than half of the saving. Plus he wouldn't want to share it with anyone from here let alone someone

that makes

lots of little posts

with unnecessary quantities of full stops in a row as if there's something mysterious that's worth reading in them at the end of every couple of sentences....

even though

the overuse of line breaks themselves

signifies the waste of space

that

you

are.

half-joke

Ouch!!

I just fired up the game only to be prompted to download an update :blank:. Spoiler-free impressions in an hour or so

Ok i gotta be honest, i think id like this game better if it played itself.

Granted, im only an hour into it but the opening scenario feels like im dicking around in Playstation Home except the controls and camera are even more annoying and solidify my hatred for waggle. Furthermore, im already stuck and have no idea what to do next. And last but not least, there are some uncanny valley moments to cringe through.

On a positive note, im intrigued by the story even though i havent triggered it yet, and finally, its not an FPS.....

Oh dear, not a very positive first impression.

ShopTo has just charged my account for this, so they should ship it tomorrow.

my copy has been posted from GAME. Should be here tomorrow. ^__^ looks pretty good based on what i've saw and played, been trying to avoid all the plot spoilers though. The only real problem i've had is with the walking, I would always be trying to reorient the character because they were walking into a wall or something. Should be good fun once I get my hands on my copy.

Watch out if you read comments sections on gaming articles for the next few days/weeks. Apparently some idiots are posting the killers name in them, doesnt matter if the articles are related to Heavy Rain or not.

The killer is Nathan Drake.

My copy still hasn't arrived, frickin HMV tards.

The killer is Nathan Drake.

My copy still hasn't arrived, frickin HMV tards.

Mine neither. Although I didn't expect it to...I've had a friend who used to use them for preorders all the time and he said it was often that deliveries would turn up on the 5th day of the 2-5.

I just had my hopes up because people from here got it yesterday.

Yeah wasnt that an American copy though?

Anyway im not suprised about HMV, they ship from Guernsey so it takes a few days

Watch out if you read comments sections on gaming articles for the next few days/weeks. Apparently some idiots are posting the killers name in them, doesnt matter if the articles are related to Heavy Rain or not.
That might of been the 4 day event thing they did.

Often though once the game is out the reviwers will give out a lot of spoilers asuming you've played the game, Kinda stupid since a review is suppose to give you the ability to decide if its worh buying or not and not give any kind of spoiler or small amounts atleast.

Im not talking about reviewers, im talking about some tosser trolling and giving away the killers name.

Anyway my copy arrived, just downloading the update now.

My special edition arrived too, it all looks pretty awesome. I'm actually being extra careful with it because it feels really valuable and secret for some reason. Also, how do you get the soundtrack? I downloaded the theme and chronicle but don't understand how to get the music, do you just rip it onto a PC? Don't even know if normal computers can read such disks.

My only complaint so far is the same as most people, walking controls arent that great and when you do move around you look very wooden.

Also noticed a bit of slowdown, I thought at first it was just because of a crowded scene but it seemed to happen later as well with only two people in a room.

As for the soundtrack I havent looked into it but as far as I know it was just a code for a digital download.

But when I used the code, all I got were the theme and chronicle downloads.

Just read this on gamefaqs:

If you didn't already know, the you don't get the soundtrack with you DLC code included with the game, so if you haven't already redeemed the code, DON'T, wait till March 4th when the soundtrack will be available and you can download all the DLC in one go but if, like me, you already have register your PSN I.D, E-mail address and original code at the follow address;

http://competitions.au.playstation.com/heavyrain/index.html

and they will send you a new code when the soundtrack becomes available, hope this helps my fellow UKers lol

Just read this on gamefaqs:

Ah cool, cheers. Don't want to risk searching anything just in case of spoilers.

Edit:

This...thing is pretty darn good I must say. Just got to Carnaby Street, going to stop before getting too far. Made the origami, got the theme running which is actually very good, I like the subtle changes and it's the perfect thing to have on the XMB background in my opinion. I find the controls to be absolutely fine, no qualms in that respect.

I can see myself getting quite emotional

when you go to sit down with your son and he just gets up and walks away you do feel quite bad for some reason.

My only criticism at the moment is that some of the animations look awkward on the occasion, sometimes over-acted as if to point out that it's an action that real people would do (like the dizzy animation of the boy) but on the whole it's quite believable and I look forward to spending more time on it.

Also, does the Chronicle just appear as a seperate option in the main menu, and when is it recommended to play it?

Edited by dwarf

Sign in to follow this