NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

I pretty much try and talk everyone down. I'm sure that's going to come back and bite me in the ass.

If he'd been pointing the gun at me though, I'd have shot him.

Yeah like I said just panicked. regretted it instantly! :(

I'm getting some real problems with the game now. I started one scene and it stuttered the audio a few times, which was annoying but not too bad. Then action began and every time it brought up a button press the game froze for a second, stuttered the audio. It's really poor this is to be honest. Hopefully though it'll get patched soon. I'm really enjoying it but I won't be able to if this problem continues. It's really going to ruin the game for me.

I'm getting some real problems with the game now. I started one scene and it stuttered the audio a few times, which was annoying but not too bad. Then action began and every time it brought up a button press the game froze for a second, stuttered the audio. It's really poor this is to be honest. Hopefully though it'll get patched soon. I'm really enjoying it but I won't be able to if this problem continues. It's really going to ruin the game for me.

You got the 200 odd meg patch when you first started yeah?

Finished it.

I hadn't actually listed Shelby as a suspect. The thing is, I'm really pissed off how I did everything to save all the characters for the gold trophy, and then at the end I don't help him from his death at the final stage... Fook sake.

Edit: I replayed the final scene, and all that happens is that he attacks you again and then you manage to put him in trouble again, he dies, Jayden doesn't. Jayden's awesome.

Edit 2:

Oh right, it doesn't matter that 'Shelby' dies, I got the trophy for 4 characters alive, but it's a silver so I must've just seen it wrong originally.

Very, very, very good stuff. Will definitely play it all again.

Edited by dwarf

Well, 11 hours maybe? Depends what you do. Much longer than what I was expecting anyway, and that's what she said.

Btw I've edited my previous spoiler box

Well, 11 hours maybe? Depends what you do. Much longer than what I was expecting anyway, and that's what she said.

Btw I've edited my previous spoiler box

Ah right yeah I was expecting something 8 or so...I am still loving the game..Although find myself getting depressed, feel soooo sorry for Ethan! Love Shelby though think he is a fascinating guy and its so bizarre playing a fat middle aged bloke in a game!

It's really interesting to compare trophies in this game, mine are quite different to the Hat's and it seems unlikely to have made the same decisions as the next man.

It's really interesting to compare trophies in this game, mine are quite different to the Hat's and it seems unlikely to have made the same decisions as the next man.

yeah kinda looking forward to doing that after I've finished to see if there are trophies that kinda inter-relate based on different decisions.

yeah kinda looking forward to doing that after I've finished to see if there are trophies that kinda inter-relate based on different decisions.

Problem with that is people will be replaying scenes now and getting multiple trophies, so you won't be able to tell :/

We can discuss the whole thing at another point though.

Man this game was so much better than I thought it would be. Absolutely brilliant.

I hope Jayden gets a spin-off game somehow, or just a HR sequel even.

Problem with that is people will be replaying scenes now and getting multiple trophies, so you won't be able to tell :/

I started doing that, then realised you have to do the whole chapter for the Trophy to pop. So I've just started a new game to do the opposite of what I did in my first run through.

Yeah.

I'm just reading up the plot-holes, this page is quite interesting. The guy asks some questions I had, and they're answered quite well. Spoilers in link

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100227095159AAIvPU2

The I had the idea that maybe the Chronicles will explain everything... Perhaps Quantic are testing for this stuff afterwards and making Chronicles to patch it up? Probably not but hey.

I guess the only real issue is that you'd never really guess Shelby was the one. Very quickly when you retrospectively I look over it he does do a couple of weird things, but his actions and thoughts aren't overly contextual or make too much sense if Quantum were trying to give you clues as to the identity of the murderer. The thing is, I don't feel like I've been robbed by any foul-play by the script or directors or whatever because it was just so fucking insane.

Those that are arguing that there isn't any true gameplay are missing the point or were going into it expecting a normal videogame. I got sucked into it and I didn't really notice the control I had was limited, the fact is that it felt like I had a lot of control and was pulling off a lot of different moves and actions.

Stuff like pumping your dying sons heart by pushing the Sixaxis down felt right. (We should probably have spoilers within spoilers here, but in my opinion now that I've had my own ending I don't mind too much hearing about others)

Edited by dwarf

I haven't got the patch yet (I almost got it today, but read someones post about it working shit when you continue a pre patch save) and I haven't had any problems yet apart from it being a bit funny at the religious man.

With/without the patch the first FBI level was the scene casing my game to freeze/drop audio. Without the patch I also ended up walking through stairs and the game losing it's track. IE - next action wouldn't start cue me exploring EVERYWHERE multiple times. after the patch these issues were gone but the FBI level is still really dodgy if I replay it. Kept the patch, played through and mostly OK now.

Only remotely out of sync audio I had was when Ethan was mucking about with his wife and kissing right at the beginning.

Your lucky, my Ethan didnt get any of that.....just yelled at for not getting the plates quickly enough!

Your lucky, my Ethan didnt get any of that.....just yelled at for not getting the plates quickly enough!

Only thing stopping us from getting in on was because of the brats birthday! Pesky Kids!

Just done some awesome bits.

The bit in the clock shop. I'm certain I wiped all the prints off everything I touched, but I still ended up at the cop shop. WTF? There wasn't even a scene where they took me in, just a loading screen and the end of an interview.

The bit where you have to kill a guy. I didn't. I was going to (he just chased me around the house with a shotgun FFS), but then he had kids. Bugger. I think it was the fact that he wasn't trying to kill me anymore and it seemed wrong.

The bit with the mental surgeon bloke. Kicked his arse good and proper. Didn't drink the drink either. Date rape avoidance FTW.

The bit in the scrap yard. Missed the QTE where you have the big fucker at gunpoint so I ended up on the way to the crusher. Got out and kicked his arse too. I am hard as fucking nails.

Both Madison and the Fed are presumably on their way to see Paco at some club or something. They both got clues about the place.

Didn't get the next clue for the Dad since I didn't kill the guy. Kind of wish I had now, he was a drug dealer by the looks of things and he tried to kill me. Fuck his kids.

What happens if you dont drink the date rape stuff? I did but still managed to escape. I'm kinda glad I took it because that whole scene is incredible.

Plus, how did you kick his ass? For me eventually he just got caught in the digger thing, but that scene makes you feel so helpless it's unreal.

Both of the above were intense fights.

What happens if you dont drink the date rape stuff? I did but still managed to escape. I'm kinda glad I took it because that whole scene is incredible.

Plus, how did you kick his ass? For me eventually he just got caught in the digger thing, but that scene makes you feel so helpless it's unreal.

Both of the above were intense fights.

If you don't drink the drink, you get to explore the house while he goes to "get the medicine". I found a clue whilst doing that. When I went to the kitchen, he knocked me out with a bat. Then I assume the scene plays out the same.

I didn't really kick his ass, he got caught under the digger too. I just like to think I kicked his ass. Either way, he's dead and my Fed isn't. I consider that a massive win!

I'm avoiding all drinks and drugs in the game. I figure the characters need a clear head. I did drink the scotch or whatever in the clock store scene as Shelby though. Luckily that was only for fingerprints. I turned down the drink as Madison and the guy poured it anyway. He seemed really insistant on me drinking so I figured something was up.

Edited by Goafer

Just completed it.

So I shot the guy for the fourth(?) challenge. He was a drug dealer so I thought fuck him.

Saved Sean and as I left the hanger there were cops everywhere and the really annoyingly predictable thing happened where Ethan made some actually quite weird movement (yeah, I can QTE brush my teeth but I can tell my character to not fucking move when there are about 20 cops pointing high powered fire arms at him...) and he got gunned down. I felt robbed, tbh.

All in all, great game. The writing could have been...a lot better - but it was a breath of fresh air to play.

How the fuck did Shelby escape the hanger at the end without being seen?

Edited by Daft

Just completed it.

So I shot the guy for the fourth(?) challenge. He was a drug dealer so I thought fuck him.

Saved Sean and as I left the hanger there were cops everywhere and the really annoyingly predictable thing happened where Ethan made some actually quite weird movement (yeah, I can QTE brush my teeth but I can tell my character to not fucking move when there are about 20 cops pointing high powered fire arms at him...) and he got gunned down. I felt robbed, tbh.

All in all, great game. The writing could have been...a lot better - but it was a breath of fresh air to play.

How the fuck did Shelby escape the hanger at the end without being seen?

Seems you got unlucky with your ending.

Yes, I had the patch straight away. It's weird. It first started fucking up on Madisons first scene. It would freeze and have no audio each time something came up. Played it today though and it's mostly been ok. I've had a couple of times when the audio cut out for a second, but I can live with that.

And yeah the Religious Guy. What a great scene! I love this game. It kind of feels like a much more modern Shenmue. And like has been said, knowing my character might die, I'm anxious trying to get through every scene/fight, absolutely genius.

Seems you got unlucky with your ending.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit shit tbh.

Edit:

I think I got the bleakest ending.

Madison and Ethan were going to get together after but then he gets shot by that twat of a cop. Okay, Ethan saved Sean but two minutes later his father is gunned down in front of him. The killer is shot dead by Lauren. Jayden quits the FBI.

....I need to play this again.

Edited by Daft

Sign in to follow this