NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

everyone here seems to have chosen the right house even if they haven't had evidence. I had a choice of 3 because I didn't murder the druggy, didn't think it was right. I drank the poison though because I thought it mightve been fake or survivable in some way, which turned out to be true (sorry if I just spoiled that).

I think part of the reason why we seemed to guess right is partly because it's unlikely to be the default option. The river also seemed kinda of likely, not sure why.

I never had to 'guess' where the killer/kid would be. The Fed guy worked it all out as I failed with Ethan. I never drank the poison (even though I thought it may be fake!) and I utterly failed the warehouse (crawling on glass) moment. Thank God Jayden got enough clues!

I too was gutted about Shelby. The way they handled promotion of the game (adverts) as well as the demo indicated he would be an integral character but only for good.

Well I got all the clues with Jayden, but he only finds out after you have to make the decision with Ethan about where to go. I picked right as well as having Jayden on the case. Then Madison finds out and it lets you call either of them (not sure how she came to know Jayden, maybe she talked to him somehow after the Taxidermist issue- may be a chronicle) but I didn't need to call either by that point because they were both on the right track. You could tell this because when you locate the single point on Jayden's map it's obviously the same one that appears on Ethan's sat nav.

I never had the choice. Jayden figured it out and Ethan finished all the tests so both knew where to go. When Maddison figured it all out as well I was given the choice of who to call (why she didnt have time to call both i'll never know!), either way it didnt matter though as both knew.

^

I just had a problem with killing the druggy because otherwise that would make Ethan responsible for (Edit) 4 lives (Jason, druggy, druggies children) and it just seemed too much.

Edited by dwarf

The druggy's children?

The one that tries to shoot you with a shotgun was a druggy no? Or were you just marking my SP? (I doubt that)

The one that tries to shoot you with a shotgun was a druggy no? Or were you just marking my SP? (I doubt that)

Yeah but whats that got to do with his kids?

They wouldn't have a father otherwise. Ok it's not their death, but that is a bit shit for them.

Maybe they have a mother. Either way, life isn't fair and their father made the choice simple.

He was a drug dealer, wasn't he?

I remember Ethan listening to a recording or something and hearing seagulls and a barge in the background, which made me guess the address by the river. Did anyone else notice that?

I remember Ethan listening to a recording or something and hearing seagulls and a barge in the background, which made me guess the address by the river. Did anyone else notice that?

Yeah, as Daft says, I noticed that.

Haven't read the thread, because I haven't finished the game yet, but the killer has been revealed and all I'm saying is: I fecking called it like 5 hours ago.

Is your mum retarded?

Probably, for other reasons.

Why do you ask though?

Just got a PS3 for that game and I glad I did. Just a few chapters in and Im digging it so far. Cant say anything about the plot yet, but I think it will be a good one. Introduction is important and they the game did it wery well.

Edited by Gold Panda
Automerged Doublepost

Make sure you buy Flower off PSN.

YES! what he said! (I love how everytime someone buys a PS3 we instantly say go get Flower...what a game though)

Thanks, great advice. I have allready played Flower (but will download it again). I thinking of getting PixelJunk Eden first. Later is time for Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter, Braid and Critter Crunch. I will add you guys later.

Make sure you get Uncharted 2 as well. I can't praise that game enough.

I wouldn't really recommend Shatter. It was good, but not actually a great brick breaking game. From my PSN games I would say Wipeout HD and Stardust are necessary.

You can probably get Wipeout HD & Fury disc release for £15 or less now.

With FFXIII and GoWIII done and dusted I decided to borrow this off my mate and delved into it this morning. I didn't want to purchase it because from what I seen it didn't really look like my kind of game but now I wish I had because its really sucked me in. I've been on it for 3 hours straight and i've just popped off to write this and grab some lunch.

I was a little worried about the controls because from the bits and bobs i've read there seem to be a few complaints about them but personally I think they are fine. I have had a few glitches, nothing major though, just a few of the lines had no audio but I always switch subtitles on when playing a game so its no biggie.

I really had a sense of anxiety when searching for my kid at the beginning. I was frantically trying to make my way through the mall to try and get to him and I had no idea what was gonna happen next. Still, I have to wonder why Ethan wasn't running around looking for him instead of just casually strolling.

I've only played a couple of sections with him but I really like the guy. I tried to attack the robber in the shop by picking up the bottle but I was too quick with my actions and ended up dropping it. I then didn't try to convice the guy to calm down, just kept saying the police would shoot him and then went on to beat the hell out of him. I noticed at the end of this scene that Shelby doesn't pay for his inhaler, sneaky bloke! :D

Sorry if this stuff has been mentioned before ( which no doubt it has ) but im not reading anyone else's spoiler posts til im done with this gem.

you needn't apologise its interesting to read your view and see how differently you did things plus how you see the story shaping up...

After an all day session on it yesterday I finished it at around 8pm and I loved the game to bits. The graphics are out of this world and some of the music used, especially the main theme, is quite moving. Im just on mopping up the trophies now, getting all the endings is gonna take some time.

I didn't do all of the trials with Ethan as I didn't want to kill the drug dealer. I mean he would save his kid but killing that guy would probably haunt him for the rest of his life.

I didn't get it on with Madison as it seemed a bit weird to do so at that point. I mean Ethan was upset about trying to find his son and said that was all that mattered so it just didn't seem right.

I took the poison gambling that it infact wouldn't kill me and I was happy that it didn't.

With most of my chocies that I made with Ethan I just put myself in his shoes and thought about what I would do in his situation.

I was well gutted Shelby was the killer as I loved his character. He was such a hardcase yet showed a compassionate side. I loved the scene where you bust into that mansion and just blew everyone away. :D In keeping with the compassionate side of things I got the guy his pills.

The ending I got was a pretty good one. Madison was on a talk show and got a book deal, Ethan and Shaun got a new apartment and new life while Jayden was happy he solved the case and got on the talk show aswell.

Forgive my ignorance if ive missed this but does it ever explain why Ethan has blackouts and ends up in the middle of the road with an origami figure in his hand?

Overall the game was fantastic. Even though it is essentially one massive QTE it actually works. I loved how everything comes together at the end and the games title finally makes sense.

Sign in to follow this