NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

My mistake...

First time round I missed the receipts at the club which fucked Jayden over and then second, I didn't guess the password in time with Madison which fucked her over leaving me with the abysmal, yet probably the most realistic, ending.

Two amazingly tenuous errors.

Put your ending in spoilers!

SHITE! sorry! I totally thought I had must have hit quote by mistake sorted now!

My mistake...

First time round I missed the receipts at the club which fucked Jayden over and then second, I didn't guess the password in time with Madison which fucked her over leaving me with the abysmal, yet probably the most realistic, ending.

Two amazingly tenuous errors.

So guessing I was lucky then that I did get these two things...as they were crucial!

I don't know what went wrong, tbh. I got the QTE for the first one but I swear I searched the room completely. For the second one, the right option didn't come up before I got busted.

I don't know what went wrong, tbh. I got the QTE for the first one but I swear I searched the room completely. For the second one, the right option didn't come up before I got busted.

because even after Shelby comes in and locks you in you can still go back to the computer thats what I did and picked the correct answer first time.

Ah, right. I just assumed I had to get out asap.

Hmmm yeah I saw the answer pop up before he got in and was convinced thats what it was so I rushed to put it in, glad I did...How did you escape btw?

this is the best thing ever

yeah watched it yesterday after I completed it...tis awesome!

Anyway played the first part of the Chronicles DLC yesterday:

How it tells you the different possible endings, at the moment I've got two. As for the actual gameplay. I liked the split screen thing where various escape options were presented to you. For example you would see different doors but because everything was rushed and the doors looked similar, so occasionally I selected doors that from my previous exploration of the house I knew were locked but in the panic I mucked up lol! This isn't a mechanic that I remember being used in the main game but they certainly should.

I hope that they support the title for a long time and there are certainly plenty of gaps that could be filled with Chronicles.

Anyway played the first part of the Chronicles DLC yesterday:

How it tells you the different possible endings, at the moment I've got two. As for the actual gameplay. I liked the split screen thing where various escape options were presented to you. For example you would see different doors but because everything was rushed and the doors looked similar, so occasionally I selected doors that from my previous exploration of the house I knew were locked but in the panic I mucked up lol! This isn't a mechanic that I remember being used in the main game but they certainly should.

I hope that they support the title for a long time and there are certainly plenty of gaps that could be filled with Chronicles.

I got 3 outcomes but i couldnt think of anymore ways to trigger the others.

you could freak out the taxidermist by completely ransacking the house before he shows up

Looking forward to more chronicles as well if the price is right

I got 3 outcomes but i couldnt think of anymore ways to trigger the others.

you could freak out the taxidermist by completely ransacking the house before he shows up

Looking forward to more chronicles as well if the price is right

Wonder if you can do that...

I'm pretty sure no matter what the price I will download the DLC as I love this game so much...

my ending.

I got the 'good' ending, apart from the fact that Madison burnt to death in you- know-who's flat. Was REALLY pissed off at that as it asked me to shake the controller to avoid the fire, I did so (rapidly) and...it didn't register, thus she died. I was raging.

Fucking motion controls were the only bad thing in parts.

Other than that I didn't do too bad. Was happy with all of my choices and was even glad I let the killer die at the end. Good times. A really enjoyable title (that made me feel unnerved/emo at points). Some of the scenarios felt like filler (train station paranoia moment/Norman chase scene and a few others) but for the most part I enjoyed the flow of the story.

Especially enjoyed the psycho in the basement scene (tense?!) and the club scene which reminded me of Rock Steady in Conker's Bad Fur Day. just without the pissing.

Now trying to get the DLC through the game but it's not in the store when I go there?! Lovely game though - exhausting and makes me feel that £40 is a bit steep for an interactive movie. Probably worth the money for the experience though.

Edited by tapedeck

Some of the scenarios felt like filler (train station paranoia moment)

I thought that was one of the best sequences in the game. Totally creeped me out and really drove home how neurotic Ethan had become by that point.

GOTY 2010 so far for me. Mind you, I can't see anything as unique as this on the horizon...

I can see God of War III being my GOTY but simply because I love how stupidly angry Kratos is.

Otherwise, I genuinely loved every pico second of this game. I think that's a first.

Finished this. Brilliant game and very unique. :grin: I killed alot of characters off... So i think i might as well see how it is if everyone dies.

GOTY 2010 so far for me. Mind you, I can't see anything as unique as this on the horizon...

Me to..although I am sure there is plenty of stuff still to come this xmas that we likely don't know about yet.

It's kind of like this years Flower, a really unique game many of us loved that will probably be forgotten about by December.

I think it would have been GOTY for me if not for the plot holes bit of story cheating used. Still the gameplay was fantastic though so I hope they can sort out the problems for the next one then I think it really will deserve GOTY.

My friend go final fantasy so he's bored with this game already, gave me a lend.

Enjoying it a lot so far. My mam keeps watching me play and gives her opinions.

She keeps going on about how she thinks scott is the killer because he keeps taking back evidence that is being given to the dad.

I'm just after the bit where scott goes into the house with Emily, the baby.

No spoilers I don't think right?

my ending.

I got the 'good' ending, apart from the fact that Madison burnt to death in you- know-who's flat. Was REALLY pissed off at that as it asked me to shake the controller to avoid the fire, I did so (rapidly) and...it didn't register, thus she died. I was raging.

Fucking motion controls were the only bad thing in parts.

Other than that I didn't do too bad. Was happy with all of my choices and was even glad I let the killer die at the end. Good times. A really enjoyable title (that made me feel unnerved/emo at points). Some of the scenarios felt like filler (train station paranoia moment/Norman chase scene and a few others) but for the most part I enjoyed the flow of the story.

Especially enjoyed the psycho in the basement scene (tense?!) and the club scene which reminded me of Rock Steady in Conker's Bad Fur Day. just without the pissing.

I think I got exactly the same ending as you, for the same reasons you pointed out.

Madison died due to stupid motion controls, although I swear mine registered, just made no difference. Utter crap.

My ending in brief:

Madison died in the fire. Also did not get porked by Ethan.

The Fed got all the clues and generally did everything right.

Ethan did all the challenges apart from killing the guy and drinking the poison. I was presented with a scene in the car where he has to guess the location. I picked up the phone and heard a boat horn, so I figured it was near the river. There was only one possible location next to the river. Saved the kid by getting him out and reviving him.

Shelby was killed by the Fed in the last scene.

I loved Shelby damnit and he broke my heart! It was a bit shit that he went to such great lengths to "investigate" the killer though.

everyone here seems to have chosen the right house even if they haven't had evidence. I had a choice of 3 because I didn't murder the druggy, didn't think it was right. I drank the poison though because I thought it mightve been fake or survivable in some way, which turned out to be true (sorry if I just spoiled that).

I think part of the reason why we seemed to guess right is partly because it's unlikely to be the default option. The river also seemed kinda of likely, not sure why.

Sign in to follow this