NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

I think that's what has actually drawn me to PS3.

It feels like the medium is being pushed and tested in different ways, Heavy Rain obviously a good example.

But then the games on the PSN such as Noby Noby Boy and FlOwer are also amazing in terms of testing game design.

It's exciting.

But how do you market the game? A 30-second advert is not going to be able to explain what it is, why people should buy it or the accessibility of it.

But how do you market the game? A 30-second advert is not going to be able to explain what it is, why people should buy it or the accessibility of it.
Yeah they pick up on that in the Gametrailers Bonus Round. I think they said the developers are gonna to even struggle to break even on this one, and really if it was a business decision it probably shouldn't have even been 'green lighted', but with Sony behind it it's just something special for those that will buy it.

Yeah I saw it on bonus round as well, it's always fairly entertaining. It is true though what they said, just thought I'd pass it off as my own thinking. Although to be frank it is kind of obvious.

More reviews. These from France.

Jeux Video Network

Pros :

- Deep Sensitivity

- A masterful art direction

- Subjects never seen before in videogames

Cons :

- Some moves are a little stiff

- Other games will be insipid (hard to move on another game after that)

19/20

GamAlive

"Some will avoid it and just say: blah, this is a QTE, I'm not interested -it's actually so much than that - if it gives them pleasure so be it, they will miss an incredible strong experience who will you take the guts. So strong, so powerful, so... [Weird translation.]

Heavy Rain is one of those games that once finished, leaves an indelible mark in the hearts of gamers. The kind of game that make you think. A real game mature shows that the video games are not just about a bunch of big guys full of testosterone that kill aliens or a mustached plumber. Thank you, David Cage. Thank you to the team of Quantic Dream. And pity those who completely miss this unique title.

5/5

I'm cautious but at least signs point to it not being bad.

- Other games will be insipid (hard to move on another game after that)

I've had this in the past where other games seem boring and insipid by comparison. Bring it on I say, cannot wait.

I don't think other games will become insipid... Maybe other story driven games but for braindead people like 'Hat who just want to blow heads off online its not going to make a difference.

Although that was probably one of the most needless comments ever.

All games stand in the shadow of Uncharted 2. Other games are definitely insipid in comparison.

All games stand in the shadow of Uncharted 2. Other games are definitely insipid in comparison.

QFMFT.

I don't think other games will become insipid... Maybe other story driven games but for braindead people like 'Hat who just want to blow heads off online its not going to make a difference.

Although that was probably one of the most needless comments ever.

Wow. Throwing the insults about today aren't we?

Wow. Throwing the insults about today aren't we?

It's that time of the month.

My 40GB is squirming too. My 250 beast is just pointing and laughing at it until the time is right for him to break in.

My 120GB sits somewhere in the middle, Laughing manically at all your underpowered drives but looking over it's shoulder with an envious look at it's 250GB brethren.

I've only recently looked into this game and I get the impression it's basically an interactive movie. Amiright?

My 40GB HDD shits itself and runs away from your giant cock-swinging install!

I have a spare 250gb HDD if you are interested Matt?

I feel a little less 'inadaquate' now, just bought myself THIS.

4GB installs? I've shit em!

I have a spare 250gb HDD if you are interested Matt?

I would have been mate, but just bought one. :(

I've only recently looked into this game and I get the impression it's basically an interactive movie. Amiright?

No, it's a cinematic game.

What the Hell does 'interactive movie' mean, anyway?

Sign in to follow this