NEurope
Helmsly

The House of The Dead: Overkill

I think Madworld will have enough of an affect to make developers take notice. It's out a week after Resi Evil 5 but it's getting a lot of attention in stores. I've seen quite a few people in various GAME stores picking up the display boxes.

I think Madworld will have enough of an affect to make developers take notice. It's out a week after Resi Evil 5 but it's getting a lot of attention in stores. I've seen quite a few people in various GAME stores picking up the display boxes.

I still think that it would perform better if Resi 5 wasn't released within a week of it.

Yeh I think so as well. Ashame really but it should still do pretty well. Don't think it'll dethrone RE5 from the top of the charts but I reckon it'll post a little higher than Overkill did. And I'm sure SEGA'll be happy with that.

I still think that it would perform better if Resi 5 wasn't released within a week of it.

ah come on you're overestimating resident evil 5.

It's no grand theft auto or halo like.

I don't believe it will have any impact.

But you do get wierd sort of catch on sales...so people see the Resi 5 adverts who only own Wii's and think I'd like to own that.... but obviously can't so may buy resi 4 for example, but going into stores and seeing this heavily promoted may get them to buy it. For me though as a multi console owner the week of Resi 5 is dedicated just to that Resi 5

ah come on you're overestimating resident evil 5.

It's no grand theft auto or halo like.

I don't believe it will have any impact.

Are you kidding when it went exclusive on Gamecube the discussion and debate was rife.

Just got my handcannon today, bloody massive it is, haha, love it... but don't think I could do a long play session with it. Might get a 2nd for when I unlock dual weild mode but need to get more muscle in my left arm first I think, haha

Got this today with a nyko perfect shot, I love how true to the arcade style it is. A complete breath of fresh air on the Wii. March is going to be an expensive month for me. Got Madworld pre-ordered as well as Kororinpa 2 and Rune Factory comeing out in the US in 2-3 weeks which I can't wait to buy. I'm sure this will keep me more than entertained until then. Highly recommened game!

Got this today with a nyko perfect shot, I love how true to the arcade style it is. A complete breath of fresh air on the Wii. March is going to be an expensive month for me. Got Madworld pre-ordered as well as Kororinpa 2 and Rune Factory comeing out in the US in 2-3 weeks which I can't wait to buy. I'm sure this will keep me more than entertained until then. Highly recommened game!

Everything about this post is fine, but your avatar is worrying me. You're reminding some of us of a complete douche bag who comments on the main site.

Just finally expanded the t-shirt that SEGA sent me in August, looks pretty awesome. The design on the front is a poster for the Bayou Carnival, big clown on it and the typical OVERKILL cheesy lines. Must wear it soon, and must buy this...

This and collectors edition is £24.99 in GAME just now. Posted it in General and Bargains Thread aswell so folk better go order it.

It's a weekly deal online, not sure about instore.

This and collectors edition is £24.99 in GAME just now. Posted it in General and Bargains Thread aswell so folk better go order it.

It's a weekly deal online, not sure about instore.

It's the same price at GAMEPLAY.com as well,

£24.99 for the collectors - £22.99 for the regular, go check it out at

http://www.gameplay.com

Also - They have No More Heroes at £9.99 and they did have Lego Star Wars the complete saga for just £12.99! Great deals all round.

I absolutely adore this beauty of a game. It got me wanting to get back into Resident Evil: UC so (having previously sold it due to shortage of cash) i re-bought it earler this week and have been enjoying it all over again...

It's funny, because i love the Resi series and I really appreciate what Capcom did with UC, it has a surprising amount of depth and so much content (it's pretty much a love letter to all Resi fans) - however House of the Dead is good old-fashioned, fast-paced arcade fun. It's brutal, it's incredibly funny, has an awesome soundtrack, solid visuals and an addictively impressive scoring system. I also love how the zom... sorry, 'mutants', explode in a beautfully red gory mess when shot. In fact, I love the sheer madness of it all... It's good to see it selling well, here's hoping the fantastic-looking Madworld sees the same loving :happy:

Just ordered the Collector's Edition from GAME, as my friend paid back the £20 he owes me.

I finished the last level earlier and have mixed feeling about it.

I did enjoy it, but thought that last level was way too short with a very bizarre ending which I dont think I have the words to describe except for maybe WTF!.

The best level and enjoyed the most was the prison level.

If they do make a sequal I do hope they give us a little bit more game and a lot less of a fxxxxx up story.

I can relate to what you're saying mate, though i have to say that in a strange sort of way i liked how, erm, interesting the end was... It's obvious the team decided to go 'all out' and that's exactly what they did. I think in doing so they've created the gasp factor they needed to attract greater interest - it certainly gets people talking. Also, it shows they aren't afraid to step away from what's perceived as a standard wii title, and instead completely and utterly goes beyond. They showed ambition, took a risk... and i love that.

I do, however, hope they improve the boss battles in the inevitable sequel :-)

Sequel? I don't think they can because the sequel would be 'House of the Dead (1) which has already come out years ago. Maybe they might release that with updated graphics and Wii mote guestures.

I haven't played this game yet but have just ordered it to ease the pain of me messing up my Japanese exam, failing by 0.5%. Also I wasn't so keen on Dead Rising for the Wii so I'm looking forward to playing this..

I completed this last night, was loads of fun, i enjoyed it. Very good on rails shooter. Will prob start the directors cut ones at some point.

Sequel? I don't think they can because the sequel would be 'House of the Dead (1) which has already come out years ago. Maybe they might release that with updated graphics and Wii mote guestures.

It's already been stated that they would like to do a sequel of sorts (continuing the grindhouse style and whatnot) - also, after the end credits there's a tasty little teaser ;-)

Total remake would be only way to go, as SEGA has literally lost House of the Dead's sourcecode. It's main reason why haven't seen first HOTD released on any machine outside Saturn and PC.

Yay, check this out. I've made it into Private Eye magazine's lookalike feature thanks to Overkill :grin:

Website link

Lol congrats. I always thought those mutants looked like Ricky Hatton. :heh:

Yay, check this out. I've made it into Private Eye magazine's lookalike feature thanks to Overkill :grin:

Website link

lol coincidentaly Headstrong did say a lot of the zombies are based on celebrities, only one I can remember off the top of my head is Meatloaf at present.

Congrats anyway :D

This should be arriving today. The Collector's Edition is out of stock at GAME now, so I'm quite glad I ordered it. Oddly enough, they don't seem to have taken any money out of my account yet.

You're all making this game sound brilliant, but theres sooo many games i want at the moment (i don't understand the moaning about a lack of games???)

I've got a question for the people that have played this and umbrella chronicles. which game would you say is better? and why?

I had kind of dismissed this thinking i'd get UC, but now i'm leaning more towards this.