N-Europe

Beijing Olymics 2008

Charlie

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're already sliding up and down poles and doing splits in tights.

As a former gymnast I take offence to this comment :heh::bowdown:

Well I wasn't a gymnast, I was a trampolinist, but it's the same group. If my coach wasn't such an asshat I may have been in Beijing right now :blank:

You reckon burly male gymnasts are gonna prance around to salsa music?

I see little difference with Ballet, just the addition of mad flips and tumbles.

And I'm sure they could use different music, imagine maybe integrating it with break dancing?

I'm so tired of Michael Phelps.

Me too, he's obviously a great athlete but he's not the greatest Olympian ever. He's competing in a sport where there are loads of different classes to get medals. We'll see just how good he is in 16 years time if he can still win medals in 5 seperate Games.

Team GB are absolutely kicking ass today.

Gold for Adlington in the 800m Freestyle.

Gold for Chris Hoy and Wiggans in cycling events.

Bronze for another cyclist.

Gold for the coxless 4 after an amazing race where we came back in the last 250m to win it.

Ainsley's final race has been postponed until tomorrow and he's gaurenteed a silver and should really get the gold.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/14/olympics2008.olympicswrestling?gusrc=rss&feed=sport

Apparently this guy got robbed off a win by a refereeing error, so he rejected his bronze medal by storming off during the ceremony. Haven't seen the actual thing so I dunno what happened other than whats in that article.

The IOC has decided to take away his bronze. It won't be given to anyone else.

I saw it too. Bloody hell, a clear world record and didn't even look like he was trying. And I thought Addlington's absolute domination of the 800m freestyle was amazing, but that 100m is surely the highlight of the olympics.

Watched the cycling and rowing highlights too, excellent day for team GB. Can't wait for the sailing and rest of the rowing finals.

My gosh, Usain Bolt is a legend, and the guy is just 21 too :D. He said himself that he could have gone faster, his running technique is totally different, it is amazing!!

King_V, the only drugs he would have been taking would have been the type that would have relaxed him and slowed him down :heh:. Bad joke, but my mother said I could make it ;). The track events are the only ones we seem to really threaten and triumph at.

But Asafa Powell flopped again.

Wish I saw the mens tennis double finals. After seeing Federer crash out the singles, I stopped watching the tennis events as I thought he is really just going through a serious low patch at the moment. Happy for him now though :)

With all the record-breaking so far, this years olympic games have been truly amazing

With Bolt being so young and doing what he did in the 100m earlier today, can you imagine what he'll be able to do come London 2012. The guys in the BBC studio reckon a sub 9.60 time is achieveable by the guy at the moment so using that as a minimum and the fact he'll only get better, we could be looking at some absolutely amazing records from the guy.

Im so tired of all this Phelps bashing because he is so good at many strokes. If they were all so easy everyone would do them all. We'd soon see how good Johnson was if had to do a 400 metre final 30 min after the last one, not three days.

With Bolt being so young and doing what he did in the 100m earlier today, can you imagine what he'll be able to do come London 2012. The guys in the BBC studio reckon a sub 9.60 time is achieveable by the guy at the moment so using that as a minimum and the fact he'll only get better, we could be looking at some absolutely amazing records from the guy.

You never know, y'know. People reach their peak at different ages - 21 might be his.