NEurope
Charlie

Beijing Olymics 2008

Oh my jesus! Got up this morning, looked at the medal table and we're third :o

OH MY!

Loved the last of the rowing this morning :D <3 The Olympics, been totally addicted. Fuck Big Brother, this is entertainment :)

Shocked me too. It won't last but it's nice to be so high up the table.

I watched the first half of the marathon last night. Paula Radcliffe was falling away by that point, so its no big surprise that she didn't challenge for a medal.

Tennis! I was hoping Safina would have taken the gold, but silver ain't so bad. In the mens, fooking Nadal got the gold. Gonzales played some decent stuff, just bottled it at the most crucial moments.

Anyone watching the badminton then? The mens final in it should be something spectacular.

11 golds, 25 medals in total, 3rd in the table. Good times!

Shame we have a poor Track and Field Team; it would be nice to finish above the Aussie's for once...

Apparently this is GBs best Olympic performance since 1920. Jolly good.

Fantastic stuff from the Brits today. Couldn't believe it when I woke up and saw we'd won another 4 golds. Should be able to get a few more in the cycling over the next few days too.

Christine Ohuruogu just won us the 400m gold. That was such a good race, and as the commentator said "I hope everyone watching is proud of her" - because knowing the british press they'll just bring up the 3 missed drug tests in 2006 that led to a ban for a while.

Actually no, knowing the british press now she's won a gold for us the drugs tests will be forgotten about and won't be mentioned.

YAY, Ireland finally have got some medals... 2 boxers got to the semi finals of their weight classes, which means guaranteed medal since both semi final losers get a bronze.

Now the question is which colour will they bring home, will it be bronze or will they get to fight for the gold... come on I wanna hear our anthem played in Beijing at least once

YAY, Ireland finally have got some medals... 2 boxers got to the semi finals of their weight classes, which means guaranteed medal since both semi final losers get a bronze.

Now the question is which colour will they bring home, will it be bronze or will they get to fight for the gold... come on I wanna hear our anthem played in Beijing at least once

There isn't a third place play-off?

This has been utter shite for Portugal, we had so many hopes for some athletes and non won anything. Here's hoping for the female triathlon.

Unfortunately...:(

At least we have a Silver, which isn't bad, but the rest of the results are very disappointing.

Obikwelu and Naide flunked, Telma was robbed, Lima was 1 single point from winning a medal...

Shame we have a poor Track and Field Team; it would be nice to finish above the Aussie's for once...

The aussies have an even worse track and field team.

The aussies have an even worse track and field team.

We're really only doing better than them because Phelps did so well in the swimming and stopped them winning loads of the medals they (or Ian Thorpe, who's now retired) usually win. Doesn't bother me though, we're doing great and that's all that counts. The lottery money is looking like it's been put to good use. :)

Yeh, that 200m run was phenomenal. I honestly didn't think he would beat Johnson's record. If he hadn't of bent for the line, he wouldn't have beaten it. But good on him. He completely blow the field away again. It just shows how far ahead of the other athletes he is. I mean, if you look at the current young athletes running the circuit with him, there really isn't anyone out there that can compete with Bolt.

Wohoo... another Irishman gets to the semis of his boxing weightclass, Darren Sutherland in the middleweight division.

That makes 3 medals... all boxing.... if these guys can pull off the triple and all bring home the gold it should bring new reason for the sterotype of Irishmen doing nothing but drinking and fighting, cuz that's apparently what we're best at :heh:

Bolt is a joke. He can go faster. He will go faster. He's 22 (as of today) and definitely hasn't reached his prime yet. Bolt will best both of those records at least once before his career is through.

Disgusting.

3rd in the table. Good times!

Try telling that to an American. Unlike the rest of the world, the American media show the table sorted by total medals, which puts the US comfortably in first place and us down below Russia.

Woo! Portugal finally won a gold medal! :yay:

It's not as good as we could've done... But a gold and a silver are pretty good, nonetheless.

Yaaahuu!

Iceland just beat the snot out of Spain in handball 36-30

Iceland is now playing for the gold tomorrow against france :yay:

Yaaahuu!

Iceland just beat the snot out of Spain in handball 36-30

Iceland is now playing for the gold tomorrow against france :yay:

Norway is playing for gold against Russia in the woman's game :yay:

So far Norway got 1 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze.

Edit: Gold for Norway in woman's handball :yay: We crushed Russia 34-27. At best we were eleven goals ahead.

We also got a woman in the finals for taekwondo(67+kg).

Awesome, and people think football is bad.

The taekwondo guy just kicked the ref in the head after a bad decision.

S***...Anyone watching Taekwondo? A Cuban player just kicked the referee in the head for disqualifying him. 0_0