NEurope
Charlie

Beijing Olymics 2008

Anyway just watched some Judo a German woman beat an Algerian 101-0 then the next match was only 10-1...curious!

I watched the British guy's fight in the match before the Bronze-medal playoff where he lost 201-101. The commentators explained the scoring a bit although I still don't really get it. You get 1 point for a "koka", 100 for something else and then there's one more thing worth more than 100. In this match the guy got 2 100s in a row and therefore won the match I think?

Watching the badminton at the moment, just saw an amazing comeback from an Irish girl. Andrew Smith from Britain is just warming up at the moment. Does anyone know if our mixed doubles silver medalists from last time are playing this time round?

I agree that maybe it shouldn't be held in China, but it's still the Olympics and a great event to watch.

I was just watching the badminton there and Smith I think it was, came back pretty impressively. He looked lethargic in the first game but all of a sudden turned it around. I'd never normally watch badminton but the Olympics is a great place to watch other sports.

Going to get up early tomorrow morning to watch some of the swimming I think, then up all night on Saturday night for tennis, all night Sunday for badminton and then Daley doing his diving in the morning.

What time does the tennis start our time? Will the BBC be showing it?

What time does the tennis start our time? Will the BBC be showing it?

Sunday 10 August

0330-0730, 1000-1600: First round: Men's singles, women's singles, men's doubles and women's doubles

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/7496536.stm

Loads more too.

BBC are showing it from 4am on BBCi, possibly earlier on BBC1, it doesn't say what they show. If you go to my first post in this thread (original post) there's a link to the detailed BBC schedule.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/7496536.stm

Loads more too.

BBC are showing it from 4am on BBCi, possibly earlier on BBC1, it doesn't say what they show. If you go to my first post in this thread (original post) there's a link to the detailed BBC schedule.

Thanks.

Tracey Hallam just won in the women's badminton. The match point lasted for ages, her opponent even dived to get a shot back early on in it!

Been watching BBC.co.uk's service of morning, got to take my hat off to them, such a great service with no major errors.

There should be some badminton coming on soon too, doesn't seem to be on BBCi at the moment though.

Don't know how much everyone else has been following the swimming today but I really enjoyed it!

Great to see new world records being set already, albeit by the americans, but still! It's really exciting.

And in the womens 400m freestyle heat 6 Aldington did fantastically. Great to see Italy in first and GB in second for that one.

Gymnastics later, always found it absolutely mind blowing.

Really loving the fact this is on BBC - no breaks and quality commentators.

If it was on ITV or Sky it'd be bullshit adverts all the time and gormless pundits. Hoping that the BBC will keep the rights for it in the future.

Great news of our first gold! The ending to that race was quite dramatic - coming back from the loss of speed at the final corner. Great.

I'm simply adoring the multi screen options available online, the Beeb have got this shizzle cranked to eleven, as the kids never say. Enjoying the sailing highlights right now. Boxing went well today I see. Shame about the hockey result mind.

Womens team gymnastics didn't qualify for finals but we performed very well in relation to who we were up against.

In the indivduals Beth Tweddle qualified and should really be winning a medal for Asymmetrical Bars.

I'm simply adoring the multi screen options available online, the Beeb have got this shizzle cranked to eleven, as the kids never say. Enjoying the sailing highlights right now. Boxing went well today I see. Shame about the hockey result mind.

Really loving the fact this is on BBC - no breaks and quality commentators.

If it was on ITV or Sky it'd be bullshit adverts all the time and gormless pundits. Hoping that the BBC will keep the rights for it in the future.

Great news of our first gold! The ending to that race was quite dramatic - coming back from the loss of speed at the final corner. Great.

Yep, I'm with you guys here and just throwing down the praise for the Beeb. They've outdone themselves here. Loving their coverage.

I hope everyone's getting up early tomorrow to watch Tom Daley in the synchronised diving final at 7:30-8:30! Can't wait. Got my alarm set. :)

I'm watching the tennis now, Murray is a set down after having been 4-2 and 5-3 up, and having a few set points. His opponent, Lu(I think), is playing unbelievably. Federer won easily 6-4 6-2 earlier, but Nadal only scraped through.

I'm watching the tennis now, Murray is a set down after having been 4-2 and 5-3 up, and having a few set points. His opponent, Lu(I think), is playing unbelievably. Federer won easily 6-4 6-2 earlier, but Nadal only scraped through.

Nice one, I hadn't heard about how Federer had opened. Good for him to get the win, and if it was easy then all the better.

I heard on the grapevine that Murray ended up losing to "some Chinese boy" which, if true, pleases me. After Murray's Masters Series win t'other week, they had jumped on the bandwagon and said he was a genuine contender for an Olympic medal. Haha.

Am I the only person who watched Britain's Gold/Bronze swimming haul live?

I didn't catch it live, I was watching the diving, I think it happened either just before or during that? I got up at about 7:35 and just turned the TV straight onto the diving. I saw the replay afterwards, great race by both Addington and Jackson. :)

It was about 4am I believe. The Olympics seems to have coincided wonderfully with the total destruction of my sleeping pattern recently. :smile:

Guh, Equestrian truly is the single most boring "sport" in the world.

I mean, they were showing the Equestrian on BBC2 while the Tennis (indeed, it was the brothers Murray playing too) was live on interactive. Are there seriously more people who would watch that rubbish over the doubles?

I saw the entire race replayed about 15 minutes ago. Bloody impressive last 25 metres by the two Brits, if I didn't know the result beforehand, I'd have said Hoff (the Yank) had it in the bag up until the very, very end.

What I don't get is how they can beat the world record by so much. Even the guys down in 6th ish were beating it. How can the improvement be so sudden? How has it not happened before hand?