N-Europe

Sonic and the Black Knight

Maverick

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've long since convinced myself that the entire Sonic franchise is now a bet to see how far they can push the public. Right now the mere fact that there are still people prepared to buy their games is the single most impressive feature the series has to offer.

I think Kotaku summed this up perfectly for me in their post title:

"New Sonic Wii Game Revealed, Brings Much Needed Swordplay To Series"

hahaha. I'd be 100x more excited to hear STH3 and S&K were coming to XBLA and could be combined to play the full experience, than I am about the prospect of Sonic with a sword. Seriously, who thinks of this stuff?

I'd be 100x more excited to hear STH3 and S&K were coming to XBLA and could be combined to play the full experience, than I am about the prospect of Sonic with a sword. Seriously, who thinks of this stuff?

I would love that to happen, especially Sonic 3 as that is my favourtie one :)

I think Kotaku summed this up perfectly for me in their post title:

"New Sonic Wii Game Revealed, Brings Much Needed Swordplay To Series"

hahaha. I'd be 100x more excited to hear STH3 and S&K were coming to XBLA and could be combined to play the full experience, than I am about the prospect of Sonic with a sword. Seriously, who thinks of this stuff?

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favourite platformer ever :) It's just amazing; good storyline, alternate end levels for both sonic and knuckles AND alternate passageways :heart:

It's a joy to play through the sonic 3 with knuckles and take all of the alternate passages :)

Why shoe horn Sonic into a game where he has to use a sword, whats wrong with new IP's. I know no one expects Sonic games to be good any more but theres only so many crap games Sonic fans will buy before they stop.

And yes i understand thats only artwork but knowing sega ... Sonic will have to use a sword

Fuck off Sega, seriously, fuck off.

I am getting really sick of this crap, STOP GIVING US SONIC GAMES!!!!!!!!

Please give us something else from your company.

Uhm gee... shut the fuck up?

Most retarded statement I've seen in all my livelong, have a trophy, but at your expense. The problem is not that Sega are shifting Sonic games, but the quality control ever since Sonic Team have not worked on any of them.

The rate of Sonic games is pretty much on par with that of Mario's, Mario Tennis, Mario Football, Mario Party etc. The problem is not the quantity, but the qaulity, and this is where Sega's problem is, ofcourse they arent going to stop shovelling Sonic games out, it still to an extent their mascot, so if your complaining about the qauntity, why the fuck arent you bashing Mario whenever a new game comes?

Just give it a wait and see like the new game. I agree however, despite by obvious Sonic fandom, the games for the last few years have been absolute filth (Except Sonic Rush). The last time I loved a 3D title was Sonic Adventure 2, and everything since has been awful.

Give me a 2.5D side scrolling Smash bros Brawl-like Sonic game please. Playing as Sonic In Brawl on the Green Hill Stage is the closest experience to this :*(

It wont happen, but I wish it would stick to this. Sega seem to be determined to make it fit in with the 3D crowd but its doing it horribly wrong and should attempt at an amazing 2D adventure.

How can the game play be anything like that? First person, on rail slasher?

Not really Sonic like.

As much as I'm for expansion and don't really mind Sega pumping out quite a few Sonic titles (like stated earlier, its the quality issue here rather than quantity) something I'd be quite confident that wouldn't really work is a on-rail Sonic slasher.

Well, we only have some cover art here so everything is just speculation so I really think we should wait till we atleast see some footage.

This could be Sonic's revival, who knows, I'm just saying its ridiculous to totally shoot down a game just because we've got an image (not even an in-game image) of Sonic holding a sword.

Guest Maase

First gameplay video...

It looks damn awesome to me, but how's gonna work? Is it going to be 2D all the game? That would suck as hell :\

Sonic isn't made for 2D, is for 3D.

First gameplay video...

It looks damn awesome to me, but how's gonna work? Is it going to be 2D all the game? That would suck as hell :\

Sonic isn't made for 2D, is for 3D.

Sonic is way better in 2D, alot of the 2D games were awesome while alot of the 3D ones just sucked.

By the way, for anyone who's read this far, don't click the link.

Sonic is way better in 2D, alot of the 2D games were awesome while alot of the 3D ones just sucked.

By the way, for anyone who's read this far, don't click the link.

I agree, the 2D to 3D ratio in terms of how good Sonic games are definitely lean (maybe saying lean is an understatement) to the 2D side, Sega just hasn't seemed to have cracked the 3D universe with Sonic (although there have been a couple which have been decent in my opinion like Secret Rings and Sonic Adventure 2)

But, I still think they can take the blue fury wonder to some heights in 3D, which is why I'll be following this, although I certainly wouldn't complain if we got a 2.5D game in which we see Sonic doing his thing; running at top speed!

Oh, and RickRolling just isn't the way to go!! (considering when this was announced, I can't believe I clicked the link)