NEurope
Maverick

Sonic and the Black Knight

Real? not sure but the following is supposed to be the new cover for american magazine nintendo power

sonicsword.jpg

:wtf: Discuss ...

LMAO!

(If this is true) question is has Sega lost it? Sonic is rather stale these days but I'm sure a Paper mario-esque rpg adventure will rekindle 'something'...Namely hope. Ps Sonic has no need for a sword.

What the fu**?

Well it does make sense about this whole sword thing. This is interesting I have to say...

Freaking odd to say the least.

Certainly is surprising...

Would be better than most of Sonic's combat systems, I'm sure. If it incorporates WiiMotion Plus this could have potential.

Hmmm...Though speed and sword slashes has always worked well together. I can imagine some sort of crazy Omnislash/DBZ instant transmission overkill, killer combo!1111

Hmm. It could be fake just like the Kingdom Hearts cover than went around the internet a couple of months ago, then again it could be true. It would be nice to see an exclusive Sonic game for the Wii as I enjoyed SATSR.

Why am I semi-excited about this T_T

If it's real then woah, but at the same time, I tihnk it's cool, even though it could be totally fail.

So that explains the sword. :heh: I don't think anyone could have fabricated this...

I don't think anyone would go this far as this or even pick the Sonic franchise...

Not to jump the gun here but if this is true then why use Sonic? I mean the little blue hedgehog is known for running around and bouncing off things not slicing and dicing, we all seen what happened when they gave Shdow some weapons! Surely they could have created a new character rather than giving Sonic a sword?

Again, I know im jumping the gun but just food for thought.

Yea, that's the one thing that makes me think this is fake. Though Shadow sucked cause of repetition of levels and turning the game at a crappy generic shouter, the running part was alright. This could turn out well if they take the combat system and make into something decent and good controls. I'm sure they must have some sort of reason for it.

But still, why Sonic?

If this is the thing they were talking about last issue 'Fit for a King' I will cry...

But still, why Sonic?

Because kids love Sonic. Even the rubbish games do well.

Not to jump the gun here but if this is true then why use Sonic?

Something Sonic and Mario have always had in common is that they are universal names.

Its like eminem if he released an album tomorrow and it was total shit his "Fanbase" would still support him.

So Basically by using Sonic even if the game is to be considered a failure it will still get core sales.

This is Sega, I'm thinking this is true.

The game might not involve sword gameplay at all you know, the story might involve a sword or something. Can't tell anything from artwork.

Once again the internet has exploded with this news. Here's a quote which made me lol from someone defending the announcement/rumour.

Apparently, it's cool when Mario turns into a bumble bee or other wierd ****, but it's stupid when Sonic picks up a sword.

I love the internet :)

This is Sega, I'm thinking this is true.

The game might not involve sword gameplay at all you know, the story might involve a sword or something. Can't tell anything from artwork.

Exactly, Remember the concept art of TP that had Zelda holding a sword. Everyone thought link would die and you would finnish the game as Zelda. But it turned out to just be from a cutscene.

Once again the internet has exploded with this news. Here's a quote which made me lol from someone defending the announcement/rumour.

I love the internet :)

Haha, that guy is a genious. Oh the world we live in.

WTF its shadow the hedgehog with a sword instead this time.

Won't somebody please think of the children?

Ummm. Odd if true. And then...not so odd. Unexpected. Will probably be medicore at best anywho.

Some theories going about is that this is the sequal to Sonic and the Secret Rings, like this is in another fairy book world like Arabian Nights, except this time, it's set around the King Arthur and the roundtable time.

Makes sense of the 'fit for a king' bit. Maybe the sword will give him abilities like the ring or something :heh:

Some theories going about is that this is the sequal to Sonic and the Secret Rings, like this is in another fairy book world like Arabian Nights, except this time, it's set around the King Arthur and the roundtable time.

Makes sense of the 'fit for a king' bit. Maybe the sword will give him abilities like the ring or something :heh:

Personally I can't wait for Sonic and The Prince of Nazareth.

Sonic: "No way, the Romans are closing in!"

Jesus: "Do not worry, Sonic. We will push these aggressors back using the seven Gems of Divine Light that you collected from the Circles of Hell."

Sonic: "You got it, Jesus! Let's show these guys who's the Son of God!"

Talking of Sonic Fighting..

Sonic Battle really needs a sequel, if this is real, I hope its somewhat based on Sonic Battle, easily the most suprising game I enjoyed in the GBA era.

Personally I can't wait for Sonic and The Prince of Nazareth.

Sonic: "No way, the Romans are closing in!"

Jesus: "Do not worry, Sonic. We will push these aggressors back using the seven Gems of Divine Light that you collected from the Circles of Hell."

Sonic: "You got it, Jesus! Let's show these guys who's the Son of God!"

I would love to see that happen. Would be funny as hell.