lols, Sheffield Meet Sat Sept 20th '08

jayseven

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Sheffield? lol.

You forget where I'm actually coming from :heh:

haha it's a typical city really, unless war is on about clothes or something? Raining you shouldn't really need anything!

That's cool, I just thought I'd check.

In one way I'm REALLLLY looking forward to this, and in another i'm a bit scared, travelling isn't something I do very often!

ok, let's start formulating some plans?

Saturday 20th Sept, ~12 midday.

Meet at sheffield train station. PM me your phone number if you want mine, and we'll all be groovy text buddies. From here we will parade past Hallam uni, along Arundel Gate, then up St. Mary's gate to get onto Ecclesall Road, then amble along 'til we get to tescos, top up on supplies then cross the road to the park.

google map ROUGH guide to the route. Yes, it appears to be 2.1 miles, so it's probably a 30-min walk. There are buses but I can't confirm teh numbers/routes for you just at this moment.

If weather is rubbish; we still meet at 12 midday. Then we go to devonshire green instead, or at least the devonshire quarter. Pubs and bars such as the Dev Cat which always has awesome cider's on tap (if the weather's good then any late-stayers shall hopefully join me in a trip here to savour these anyway), and a green in case weather turns.

Of course, these are just my rough, sketchy ideas for what we can do. It would be MEGA COOL if people stayed a couple of nights a lá london meet. If I had a row of army-styleé bunk beds in my flat I'd cram y'all in, but alas!

Meet at sheffield train station. PM me your phone number if you want mine, and we'll all be groovy text buddies. From here we will parade past Hallam uni, along Arundel Gate, then up St. Mary's gate to get onto Ecclesall Road, then amble along 'til we get to tescos, top up on supplies then cross the road to the park.

google map ROUGH guide to the route. Yes, it appears to be 2.1 miles, so it's probably a 30-min walk. There are buses but I can't confirm teh numbers/routes for you just at this moment.

If weather is rubbish; we still meet at 12 midday. Then we go to devonshire green instead, or at least the devonshire quarter. Pubs and bars such as the Dev Cat which always has awesome cider's on tap (if the weather's good then any late-stayers shall hopefully join me in a trip here to savour these anyway), and a green in case weather turns.

Of course, these are just my rough, sketchy ideas for what we can do. It would be MEGA COOL if people stayed a couple of nights a lá london meet. If I had a row of army-styleé bunk beds in my flat I'd cram y'all in, but alas!

PM'ed you my number, also according to google it takes 42 mins to walk it.

The bus routes are all on the eighty line so any number in the 80's from the stop outside Zavvi will get you where you want to go- and the stagecoach ones are the cheapest.

Also: Solid plan. I appove.

Awesome plan guys, I have no idea what time I'll be meeting you lot, but I have Dan's number for now (I'll make him come get me if I have to).

I'm more than happy to let somebody stay at mine if they really need somewhere to stay.

note: read jayseven's post guys before he really does have a heartattack :P

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!