N-Europe

Monies

Fierce_LiNk

I will agree with that if there "that" type of woman. Some women do it to abuse the system and thats wrong but some women find themselves in that situation through no fault of there own.

Its fucking hard bringing up a kid with 2 parents let alone 1.

+2 except it was my dad not my mum, and it was 2 kids not 1.

Right now I'm ok, I have abit of money, spent way too much yesterday and gutted that my tv has shite reception, but thats my houses signal range (also explains why every isp is shite for us too!) and the wii. But this is only because I'm 18.

I got paid 3.97 an hour for working at peacocks (refering to jordan's comment about being underpaid) by the time I'd done a day shift I'd spent half of it in travel because even when petrol prices were somewhat normal it was costing me a fortune in bus services.

Now it's costing me even more! £4! It's ridiculous and the bus is every hour too! Fucking ridiculous. As is food, why the hell does it cost me over 3quid for one god damn sandwich.

I swear to god I'm going to be very very poor at uni. :blank: (but at least my telly will have better reception :bowdown: )

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are aware that the reason she works less is because she gets more from the government right?

And theres something to do with the amount of hours she works meaning she pays little to no taxation on her wages. She knows what shes doing

Regardless, theres a difference between a slut who wants to live of the government and a woman who has been left with kids and makes the best out of a bad situation.

I can't complain since I have some money in my account, and since I still live at home my expenses are paid for by my parents (unless I go out or eat somewhere outside home, I pay for that myself, unlike my sisters).

I don't spend too much though; most money goes to games (last one was Brawl by the way, so quite a while ago), clothes and art stuff. But I guess I'm kind of saving up for later, because I know money will be hard to come by when I'm on my own. Not that I can live with the tiny amount I have in my account now, but it's better than nothing I guess. =P

Apart from working weekends, I'll be working three full weeks in the summer for some extra money. Wish I could work more but the government won't allow it. :indeed:

Guest Jordan
Regardless, theres a difference between a slut who wants to live of the government and a woman who has been left with kids and makes the best out of a bad situation.

Oh yeah, of course.

I didn't mean it in a particularly bad way, sorry for the lack of distinction :)

Oh yeah, of course.

I didn't mean it in a particularly bad way, sorry for the lack of distinction

No worries mate, im taking it too personally anyway >.> Long day & baby crying all night = Very grumpy esequiel >.>

Erm yeah.. on topic.... monies.... i just applied for a job on 18k a year which would be nice.

I'm okay at the mo, money wise. Living with the parents. They ask for 80 a month, which I admit myself is rather generous. I keep at them about asking for more but they won't. I pay for my own groceries, phone bill and any luxuries.

Been doing a bit of brief research on renting and cost of living etc. Seems I could probably score a flat for around 400 a month (give or take) in ballymena.

Luckily I have a good job in the NHS, 12.5k (900 a month after tax) Even then its tight going. :(

I saved up 2k+ from birthdays and christmas and stuff. I had a further 1k+ that was given to me at birth. When my parents bought a ski resort apartment off plan I gave them my money for a 10% share. It was finished in November and we haven't yet had any customers, although I'm hoping that will change come winter. Therefore I should have a bit of money to help me get through times.

The local sports centre has just rung me up and I'm working for them a week tomorrow. It's only the one day but I'll also be working in the summer. I think its £6-6.50 or something an hour so that isn't bad. I'm going to apply at the local garden centre for a weekend job as well.

I saved up 2k+ from birthdays and christmas and stuff. I had a further 1k+ that was given to me at birth. When my parents bought a ski resort apartment off plan I gave them my money for a 10% share. It was finished in November and we haven't yet had any customers, although I'm hoping that will change come winter. Therefore I should have a bit of money to help me get through times.

The local sports centre has just rung me up and I'm working for them a week tomorrow. It's only the one day but I'll also be working in the summer. I think its £6-6.50 or something an hour so that isn't bad. I'm going to apply at the local garden centre for a weekend job as well.

Congrats on getting the job moogle ^___^

I probably should start looking for a job seeing as i'll be getting a car soon. My mum thinks i should go PCWorld with my bro, although i'm not a fan of pushing people into buying stuff and forcing people to buy PC performance.

As for the money i've got, i have an amazing £290 in my bank.

The local sports centre has just rung me up and I'm working for them a week tomorrow. It's only the one day but I'll also be working in the summer.

Is that Meden?

Well, I work at Tesco on Sunday which is time and a half, so I get paid roughly £9 an hour. For an 8AM-5PM shift, that sees me through money-wise. I don't pay money to live here since I'm with my parents, and university is already out the way for me. Once I graduate properly I'll be hopefully getting a job.

I get paid 6.50 which is pittance because people doing the same job as me sat less than 2 meters away get nearer the ?10 an hour. God I hate being employed though an agency.

I get around ?200 a week after tax (42.5 hours) ?75 a week goes on petrol getting myself to and from work. So I have a grand total of ?125 a week for me.

I don't understand why wages aren't increasing whilst everything else is rocketing. Two years ago people through the agency were on the same as I am now.

SOLUTION : Move out of the country for a few years till this mess is sorted!

________

Find Headshop

Edited by fex

I get paid 6.50 which is pittance because people doing the same job as me sat less than 2 meters away get nearer the £10 an hour. God I hate being employed though an agency.

I get around £200 a week after tax (42.5 hours) £75 a week goes on petrol getting myself to and from work. So I have a grand total of £125 a week for me.

I don't understand why wages aren't increasing whilst everything else is rocketing. Two years ago people through the agency were on the same as I am now.

SOLUTION : Move out of the country for a few years till this mess is sorted!

Totally. agency work is fail. Thing is, it's gotten a lot better for agency staff than it has been in the past. And it's horrific at the mo. Agency staff weren't entitled to annual leave until a few years ago. I don't think they get paid public holidays even still?

I used to be an agency worker in the place i'm working in. Got paid 4.99 an hour, worked out around 160 a week. :(

edit: also if an agency worker gets X number of pounds per hour, so does the agency. So basically the company pays double.

Totally. agency work is fail. Thing is, it's gotten a lot better for agency staff than it has been in the past. And it's horrific at the mo. Agency staff weren't entitled to annual leave until a few years ago. I don't think they get paid public holidays even still?

I used to be an agency worker in the place i'm working in. Got paid 4.99 an hour, worked out around 160 a week. :(

I hear the government are bring in a new law which basically means that after 12 weeks of agency work you will be entitled to the same pay and holiday pay etc as company employes. Which is good for the employee but surely the employer will then be paying more for an agency worker than they would be for there own staff.

Either way I don't think I'll be there much longer. I got the job to give me some industry experience, so now finding another job (with more pay) should be easier!

________

LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH

Edited by fex

I hear the government are bring in a new law which basically means that after 12 weeks of agency work you will be entitled to the same pay and holiday pay etc as company employes. Which is good for the employee but surely the employer will then be paying more for an agency worker than they would be for there own staff.

Either way I don't think I'll be there much longer. I got the job to give me some industry experience, so now finding another job (with more pay) should be easier!

Yeah I have to say its a fantastic way of getting experience. You can get lucky and get someone to keep you on for a while. Sometimes you can get very badly treated as a temp (I know there's quite a bit of elitism with a lot of places regarding temps) and the pay is shit. But its the only way to get anywhere these days. =)

Employers do generally pay a lot more for temp staff than they do the contracted/official ones. But its good news for temps. :yay:

Guest bluey

*must start saving*

having a full time job (a pretty well paid one at that~) is great, but i'm also new to the whole "living" thing, so there's groceries, laundry, rent, utilities, travel and pocky to budget for! not to mention i blew a LOT of my money on a ticket home for the summer.... in 45 days time! :yay:

.....i'ma bring £1000 worth of tiny jack daniels bottles off the plane tho.

I don't have much money at the moment. Just about enough to get Brawl next week.

I don't have a job though and I'm only 17 so still live with my parents and so don't have to really pay for "living". :)

I should really get a summer job or whatever!

I have some stuff saved up in my bank. Not sure much is in there but it's quite a lot. ^___^

I don't have much money at the moment. Just about enough to get Brawl next week.

I don't have a job though and I'm only 17 so still live with my parents and so don't have to really pay for "living". :)

I should really get a summer job or whatever!

I have some stuff saved up in my bank. Not sure much is in there but it's quite a lot. ^___^

As nice a person as you are, you don't belong here :blank:

I get £23000 pounds a year mim, more if i do overtime which is paid at a rate of £150 pounds a day after tax. But I'm still skint :(.

Som much bills to pay from the time I dislocated my knee a year and a half ago and I had no money coming in for months.

I'm about 8 grand in debt with no sign of it ending.

The fiancee earns about £150 pounds a week after tax but our money just seems to disapear :/

I'm sick of things being so fucking expensive. My montly rent is (depending on how many weeks are in the month) either £480 or £600!

That's your price alone, or everyone added together? If the former... that's mental, it's £225 each for me and James in this flat. (No council tax because we're students).

I have one job making websites and I've applied for a couple of 'real' jobs too. Student loans are fine, I know I have to pay them back one day and it's a fairly small percentage that will take years to disappear. But overdrafts? I'm never going near one. Not even a student interest-free overdraft. I know so many students who have basically filled their overdrafts and beyond, and don't care because they don't have to pay it back right away. Well, one day it will lead to uncomfortable and annoying times. Not for me :) I will also never use a credit card... except maybe for payments I am worried that I will need to claim back when if I get screwed over, using money I know that I own.

Also it's worth shopping around for the best way of saving. I have an ISA with NS&I (about 6.5%) and an Online saver with Lloyds TSB (about 5.25% IIRC). Also I always try to shop online now through Quidco and HUKD! It's nice to get the cashback and interest every now and then :)

TBH most people I know who complain about money are those who blow it, constantly, on games and DVDs that they really didn't need to buy, or nights out at £20-30 of drinks a pop.

TBH most people I know who complain about money are those who blow it, constantly, on games and DVDs that they really didn't need to buy, or nights out at £20-30 of drinks a pop.

So true. Or people who complain about having no money but don't do anything about it.

Like a friend is always saying she has no money, but then when I tell her she should maybe look for a job, she's too lazy to do that. She doesn't even want to do a summer job. And then she's constantly making comments about me having money and a job yet still being cautious about what I spend. -_____-;

*likes to save her money, thank you very much*

I lived off on £3.25 an hour for a year but as a student I didn't have to pay rent etc. Everyone else started to get jobs and laugh at me but I was the first to try and get a job and made about a grand in the summer on £3.30 O.o what a waste of a summer.

Not looking forward to university payments but oh well :)

Congrats on getting the job moogle ^___^

Thank you R_A.

I probably should start looking for a job seeing as i'll be getting a car soon. My mum thinks i should go PCWorld with my bro, although i'm not a fan of pushing people into buying stuff and forcing people to buy PC performance.

As for the money i've got, i have an amazing £290 in my bank.

Is that Meden?

No Manor. And I think you should get the PCWorld job. It seems like a decent place to work. What's the pay like?