Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

It's like they said on Sky sports, Arsenal lack depth when it comes to game changing subs.

Here's the thing we don't lack depth. Wenger just doesn't use them.

Firstly we have Vela on the bench, the lad is immense, after his display against Cardiff, he deserved a start. We had Ramsey and Merida on the bench, yet we kept Denilson on the whole game.

Arguably our centre midfield pairing would be bench warmers themselves, but thats beside the point, Wenger has never been good with subs. Point in case, Champions League Final 2006.

I can't wait until we have Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky and Walcott all fit. I look forward to having 5 excellent midfielders to chose from.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think liverpool can win the league. We just need to beat United, and hope Villa and Arsenal do the same >.<

Well of course it's still possible but to be honest can't see you winning all your remaining games and united slipping up too much.

I think there are still a few twists left this season, gonna be an interesting finish for sure.

I saw that on a seperate forum, absolutely disgusting. If I got a letter like that from Arsenal I'd tell them to shove it up their arse.

The game is being diluted and watered down with every season. The premier league wants the game to be like American sports, where everyone is a consumer, more concerned about spending money on merchandise and food than being vocal and getting behind their team.

I really hate the way football is going.

Yeah, Bedner missed a penalty.

I think that we are going to be off back to the championship if something doesn't click soon. I watched the game yesterday, and even after losing (which we regularly do) i can usually take something positive from our performance, but yesterday we were utterly shite.

The last thing i want to see is Mowbray get sacked, i mean hes done wonders to our style of play, and i'm sure hes the man to take us to the next step on the ladder (eventually), but as of late he doesn't seem to be able to get performances out of the players, or have the awareness to change tactics when they're simply not working.

Yesterday, we had no urgency at all. Zuiverloon was just plain lazy, he did about as much as me in the defending of zamora's goal, in that he just watched it go in. As for the midfield, they were a joke. The only time i heard morrison's name was when he got subbed at around the 70th minute, good work guys.

Murphy must have been laughing at the time/space he was given on the ball, yet next week it'll be roughly the same 11, ambling round the field, scared to touch the ball like its covered in dog shit. I bet the rest of the squad is wondering what they need to do in order to get a game.

Mowbray recons he's highlighted games for us to get our points from, and fulham must have been one of them. if thats how we play when we think we can get something, no wonder utd rolled us for 5-0.

Hopefully greening makes it back soon because god knows we've really missed him, the team actually functions as a team when hes there.

Come on you baggies.

Rant over. sorry guys, just fed up of defending them and then getting ?performances? like that.

Back to the topic being dicussed:

I agree Ramar, I think football is getting worse. I could probly write another rant about that, but i'm guessing this is already forming a wall of text. :p

I agree with a lot you just said there, DuD.

It would be stupid to sack Mowbray. He did well last season in guiding Albion to the top of the Championship. And the board should just know that West Brom have been yo-yoing between the top two leagues for seasons and it's unlikely that changing managers all the time isn't really going to help.

It's a shame Albion are likely to be relegated. As it looks certain that Wolves and Blues are coming up next season and I would just love for all four of us to be in the Premier League together.

Not quite sure how Inter didn't manage to win that one tonight. A 1-0 loss for Roma is acceptable enough, Arsenal will have to be careful in the second leg if they want to go through. I'd like to see the Tinkerman knock Chelsea out, but I think Guus Hiddink will do the business over the course of both legs. So out of those three I think Chelsea have the best chance of progressing.

Liverpool v Real Madrid could end up going either way!

Not quite sure how Inter didn't manage to win that one tonight. A 1-0 loss for Roma is acceptable enough, Arsenal will have to be careful in the second leg if they want to go through. I'd like to see the Tinkerman knock Chelsea out, but I think Guus Hiddink will do the business over the course of both legs. So out of those three I think Chelsea have the best chance of progressing.

Liverpool v Real Madrid could end up going either way!

Umm what? Someone one clearly isn't blinded by bias... :indeed:

The Inter game was a pretty tight affair. Utd had the best of the first half and Inter the second. Thought the young full-back for Inter played really well against Ronaldo. The ref was definitely a bit bias towards Man Utd, everytime one of them went down they got a free kick.

All I could get was the radio tonight.. but a very good result for Liverpool against what sounded like a poor Real Madrid :yay:

You wouldn't put it past them to get an away goal or two in the return leg at Anfield, but so far so very good for Liverpool :hehe: ..if only the circus surrounding Benitez would cease..

Got a bit of an injury playing for school today, was defending by shielding the ball so it went through to the goalie when the guy trying to break through tripped me up, and I landed awquardly. My shoulder is in pain, find it hard to move my left arm.

What should I do?

And damn that Ben-Fugly-Eiyoon guy.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!